UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tar the Magic Dragon
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Tar the Magic Dragon

Some may not believe what I am about tell you, but I saw it with my own eyes. Last night I witnessed what can only be explained as crocodile Dundee magic and it was conjured up by Tar the magic dragon.

Some background, I sponsor a youth hunter and last night she attended....let’s say a decent size $$$ Hunt in Oklahoma. I was going and invited none other than...Yadkin Tar to ride along, not knowing this was eventually become an all nighter....yes, Tar pulled an all nighter last night.

So, there I was...standing by the dog box and Tar commenced With some kind of weird noise and some freaky hand gestures.. He told my youth handler.....now Grace is ready to win. I just laughed as I do with most of these antics.....

Folks, I kid you not.....this young 14 year old lady and our dog Amazing Grace ended up beating some of the best handlers in the business, not just in one round, but both to take home around $680....I am extra proud of her.

So,

Tar did stay up all night, well.....most of it.
Tar did do some crazy magic.
And we did win.....If you still are skeptical, here is the photo evidence of Tar on stage in his bibs.

Can’t wait to get on the road with the Magic Dragon again. It was awesome mentoring our youth.

[img] [img]

Last edited by Tim Green on 05-24-2020 at 10:48 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-24-2020 07:40 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Lol Tar Magic. Does not surprise me. Congrats on the win. 100% support the youth. That's the future.

Old Post 05-24-2020 07:59 PM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim/Tar

That picture is worth a million words, the smile on her face says it all. Thanks to both you and Tar for the work you are doing in supporting our youth. Looking back on pictures such as this one will be a welcome treat for both of you guys. I heard she was a pretty good handler, post like this brings a big old smile to my face. Dave

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:16 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Great job and great story! Congrats to all involved

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:50 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

This youth hunter has no other sport she competes in she only coonhunts. Her mother takes her hunting ( including attending hunts ) at least 6 nights a week. She deserves to win !! I had a blast the seafood dinner was awesome. Not a question the whole hunt everybody was laughing and cutting up I thoroughly enjoyed my self I look forward to the future watching this young handler compete I got plenty of majic left lol.

Congratulations Mallorie.

Tar

Old Post 05-24-2020 11:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

By the way, are you any kin to Puff? Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 02:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Nice! Congratulations to all involved.

Old Post 05-25-2020 03:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to you all! It's good to see a young woman involved in this sport !

Old Post 05-25-2020 03:39 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
By the way, are you any kin to Puff? Dave

Dave,

You’re a very smart man....I knew you’d read into it perfectly. After that big seafood plate at Captain Johns, we both were stuffed. I don’t even think he could fit a DQ double dipped cone in there after that meal. Luckily we didn’t see one cause he’d have wanted to try. Lol

Take care

Tim

Last edited by Tim Green on 05-25-2020 at 09:35 PM

Old Post 05-25-2020 05:54 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Green

Love what you guys are doing, wishing you the best. Thank you for your service to our country, and you are still serving. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 07:45 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

2 out of 3 of them are beautiful. You guys guess. Congrats Guys

Old Post 05-25-2020 10:59 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Tar I think Cheyenne needed you to abracadabra him Saturday, the dog did fine lol!
It looks like y'all are going to be doing some traveling together this year if she thinks that Tar is the new good luck charm. Bless her heart lol!
Big congrats to the young lady!!!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-26-2020 12:51 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Tar I think Cheyenne needed you to abracadabra him Saturday, the dog did fine lol!
It looks like y'all are going to be doing some traveling together this year if she thinks that Tar is the new good luck charm. Bless her heart lol!
Big congrats to the young lady!!!

I can put my majic on full power and zap him over the phone on each ear even if he don’t get the full effect I bet I can get him to hear that 40 yards further he couldn’t hear Saturday night.

I got my zapper charging right now.

Tar

Old Post 05-26-2020 01:02 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I can put my majic on full power and zap him over the phone on each ear even if he don’t get the full effect I bet I can get him to hear that 40 yards further he couldn’t hear Saturday night.

I got my zapper charging right now.

Tar

Awesome! We've got the MO $ State Championship this coming weekend. I may have you do Dalton too he's been working alot and his handling skills could be getting rusty.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-26-2020 04:35 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Awesome! We've got the MO $ State Championship this coming weekend. I may have you do Dalton too he's been working alot and his handling skills could be getting rusty.

As of late from looking at daltons fishing pictures he has had catfishingpocks bad like me lol. I might have to zap him twice I am headed to the river now.

Y’all have a blessed day.

Tar

Old Post 05-26-2020 01:51 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

As of late from looking at daltons fishing pictures he has had catfishingpocks bad like me lol. I might have to zap him twice I am headed to the river now.

Y’all have a blessed day.

Tar

Old Post 05-26-2020 01:51 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Our handler was winner winner chicken dinner last night congratulations Mallory. My majic still works.

Tar

Old Post 05-31-2020 04:44 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Lol. Magic or good dog and good handler? Some of the local hunters used to tell me that I was the luckiest hunter they knew when I was treeing coons and they were not. I told them luck was not involved, it was dog power. Not sure if magic is involved, but I suspect it's dog power foremost and good handling to boot. Dave

Old Post 05-31-2020 11:47 PM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Our handler was winner winner chicken dinner last night congratulations Mallory. My majic still works.

Tar

It was a little watered down....because it took an extra 24hrs to kick in. Come up short Fri, but dominated Saturday night.

Old Post 05-31-2020 11:58 PM