UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I ain't no big dummy !
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Jen. I've had my days in the sun and did my share of winning but it was an honest dog and a honest handler. Sure didn't mean to step on your toes and get you upset. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is still honesty in men and dogs. I am aware the millenials have a different outlook from us old baby boomers but our parents were allowed to discipline their children and teach them right from wrong. I know it still didn't work on all of us. lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-2019 09:38 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Tar let me start by saying I have to stop an read every post you write. Even though you are full of more crap than a Christmas turkey. I like your outlook on things an maybe we will meet in person one day. Let me ask you a question an whoever else wants to answer. What is the difference in a me tooing dog an a group of dogs being all stuck off the leash an getting 200 yards an splitting up an each getting treed a mile deep?

Well I got to go way back on that one. When I started in the hunts there was a strain of blue dogs in Texas that were mouthy just run and would usually not back till 4:30 on the 5 minutes you had a crappen long 3 hr hunts one mistake you were beat. That is just as much a me too as one that backs immediately to me. Now we all know those dogs are not all struck on a coon every drop off the snap. We all know when they split up they are not running 4 different coons out of hearing. We all know a dog that strikes a coon red hot off the snap should not end up on a slick tree at the end of the hunt. But here is the difference in ukc you have to tree a coon. In the $$$ hunts if you start doing poorly drop back play defense and hope Sombody does worse than you.

Here is somthing to think about dark and willy were by all accounts low end strike dogs both of them the high end strike dogs could not follow them to back on them and both destroyed their cast by ............ Treeing coons !!

Tar

Old Post 02-11-2019 09:59 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I think many of you misunderstood my post "Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy." as directed toward individuals it was meant to be a generalized statement of advice to all that I myself try to follow too.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-11-2019 10:02 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

It’s really no difference in the two. My point is one gaines undeserved strike points an the other tree points. I like a trailing type hound that uses its mouth right , strikes right an so forth. People these days have a true cold nose dog an a babbler in the same boat, am not fooled by that. Will argue with you til am blue in the face these dogs that are being struck off leash an splitting up are stealing strick points. My point is as long as rules allow that we will have that. Some will say just grow a set minus them, not easy minusing the big shots. Breed reps in ukc want pass a count down on tree. So get use to ole mr 4:55 . It’s a game Tar , use the rules as a strategy. Join them or stay home. Pkc an Ukc are a Business that likes to make money.Where the most money comes from normally gets the most attention

Old Post 02-11-2019 10:36 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Let's give it a different twist. There are such an animal as a productive coon treeing babbler you read about them winning. Most babbling in my opinion is from being high strung and not a focused thinker. You take a low end strike dog that's focused on treeing coons while the band is playing all over the place wins lol. They by time they hear the coon treer it's to late because they been running each other usually a long ways you might even get two coons behind them while they are entertaining each other. Your dog may be a wonderfull cold nosed strike dog but some of the dogs of today can make one look silent lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-11-2019 10:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir , a coontreeing babbler is deadly. A me tooing babbler is also deadly. I don’t care for either one but rule book hounds win . So I will stick with my 3rd or last strick dog with most times first tree an keep playing the game.

Old Post 02-11-2019 11:13 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Don't competition hunt so my opinion may not matter but I cannot abide, will not have a mouthy babbling dog. But I also believe you can stop one from doing it. That's what a correction collar is for.

How do you know if they’re on a trail or if they’re just barking for no reason?

Old Post 02-11-2019 11:29 PM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

The Walker Association is proposing a tree count down this year, it still has to be voted on, we will see if it sticks.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-11-2019 11:32 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Peterhunts101
How do you know if they’re on a trail or if they’re just barking for no reason?
A person that has been around hounds long enough will know when one is lying. I had rabbit dogs for years an they have to run in a pack an honor one another. If their is one in the bunch lying the others might check him out once or twice then they want go to him if he’s lying. Learn your dogs voice an you can tell what their up too.

Old Post 02-11-2019 11:41 PM
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Well..if a handler tells you before you cut loose the first time that someone says their dog babbles but it doesn't; just has a real good nose....you can bet that dog will leave out barking.

Years ago, I hunted a dog that was a really good honest 1st strike dog. Drew out with one of those. And she left out barking the first 2 turnouts. I told the guy I thought she was babbling and said we are going back to the truck. We're turning loose there again (it was an asphalt parking lot) and was scratching everything that barked before the edge of the asphalt. You've never heard as much stuttering and stammering in your life. Truth was, I only carried the cast because we needed a guide. I finished my dog the night before.

Old Post 02-12-2019 12:41 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l p w
UKC Forum Member

Sgraves

You are exactly right all the hounds I have owned in my 38 year career I could tell you what they were doing by how they bark. It's not hard to do either if you spend a lot of time hunting your hound

Old Post 02-12-2019 01:02 AM
l p w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l p w Click here to Send l p w a Private Message Click Here to Email l p w Find more posts by l p w Add l p w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
A person that has been around hounds long enough will know when one is lying. I had rabbit dogs for years an they have to run in a pack an honor one another. If their is one in the bunch lying the others might check him out once or twice then they want go to him if he’s lying. Learn your dogs voice an you can tell what their up too.

A good beagle ain't no fool....Lol

Old Post 02-12-2019 01:04 AM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: I ain't no big dummy !

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I mean they was struck off the snap hot what happened ?

After the first three minutes minuse their butt for that crap.

Tar

Tarbaby, not only are you a legend in your own mind, you’ve become a regular Clouseau! I don’t believe anybody has ever thought of this before, let alone mentioned it to the public!

You go get em tarbaby! Put that minus pencil to em

Now, tell us about the rabbit ... when he’s just small!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 02-12-2019 01:24 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
A good beagle ain't no fool....Lol
That would be correct.

Old Post 02-12-2019 01:29 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: I ain't no big dummy !

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
Tarbaby, not only are you a legend in your own mind, you’ve become a regular Clouseau! I don’t believe anybody has ever thought of this before, let alone mentioned it to the public!

You go get em tarbaby! Put that minus pencil to em

Now, tell us about the rabbit ... when he’s just small!

That's the way it was when (we) first started Vic lol. Ain't my ideas they were passed down to me to pass down to others ! I can't help it the millinials rewrote the coonhunting bible the more they tinker with it the worse it gets.

Rabbits are fun lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 02:07 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You may not be a "big dummy", but you are a medium size dummy. Lol. Just pulling your chain. Anybody that hunts knows what you are saying, whether they admit it or not. Dave

Old Post 02-12-2019 02:14 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Vic talks in code but I understand him lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 02:17 AM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Tar I believe sometimes you speak in tongues ,kjv so to speak . They have out now what you call a new living translation. Better understood by those who weren’t taught the old ways . I understand you but sometimes your translation is confusing.

Old Post 02-12-2019 02:34 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tar I believe sometimes you speak in tongues ,kjv so to speak . They have out now what you call a new living translation. Better understood by those who weren’t taught the old ways . I understand you but sometimes your translation is confusing.

Translation : rules are to leiniant and the handlers use them to their advantage you would have had to hunt under the old rules for three hours to know the difference in the way they are now. Yes I asked for some modern changes but that was to address the modern dog problems.

How dat !!

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 01:03 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Tar I was still a young fella back when hunt time was 3 hours. I know most hounds were still packing then , ole deep an lonely had not come about yet. I can remember some that were. An where did the ideal of deep an lonely come from. Use to hear my uncle talk about certain dogs like that, they hated them because of all the unnecessary walking they had to do,even though the dog had a coon. Hunt time being shorten these days seem to be a hot topic , an shortage of land. Big parcels of land are getting scarce. Seems to me we would be leaning towards rules an dogs to fit our current situation .

Old Post 02-12-2019 01:56 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Deep and lonely wont get scored if some guides/ judges see a no trespass sign if their hound hasn't trespassed.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-12-2019 02:17 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

There are rules that would enhance our good hunting experience. But like you said because of the patch hunting up north and they are unresponsive to change because of their situation or preferences it won't change. But it could be an easy fix in southern states just have a hand vote before draw out. Let them decide how they want to hunt simple as that !!

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 02:18 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

More rules RIGHT !! we don't apply the rules that are set in place now for the most part.. so lets just make some more that can be ignored and cry about..

Old Post 02-12-2019 04:17 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

the problem is there just isn't enough sportsman out there... today and back when we started this sport .. same today as it was back when... just all you old heads can see better now.. And you sit around the campfire and bitch about it..

Old Post 02-12-2019 04:22 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
the problem is there just isn't enough sportsman out there... today and back when we started this sport .. same today as it was back when... just all you old heads can see better now.. And you sit around the campfire and bitch about it..

Now my feelers are hurt big bully !!

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 06:55 PM