UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I am done
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Bizich
Banned

I am done

I was a little hesitant in renewing my Bloodlines subscription. But went ahead and did it as my sub ran out in January and there was the Christmas discount. Renewed for two years.
I am disgusted now and wish I had known they were going to stop putting event entry numbers and scores.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE BIG SECRET?????

I can guess but it would be speculation.

I can put it down now in less then 15 minutes . No longer do I have the anticipation of it arriving in my mail box every month for the last couple years and this has put me over the edge.
Whom ever is making these decisions to take these and other informative interesting items is killing this once great magazine.
Slowly and methodically news worthy items have been getting removed . Now just a few ads and big hunt results.
I have taken this magazine since the early 80's when it was a requirement that all licensed officials had to subscribe in order to keep up with the latest rule changes. Over 35 years.
Well I am done. I will not be renewing again. It is a darn shame .
I know the people that work on it are probably proud of the work they put into it. I am in no way complaining on that part.
It is whom ever is making the decisions to take out what little interesting things there are left to read.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 02-08-2019 at 03:47 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2019 03:43 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Yep.. Not much in there any more.

Old Post 02-08-2019 10:44 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bloodlines.......

I stopped getting mine about 1 year ago.
It was always late or sometimes didnt even come.
Not much in there anyways.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 02-08-2019 11:47 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Scores don't matter much any longer ...just CW .

SCORES were information I was always interested in , scores don't matter no more.

Old Post 02-08-2019 12:48 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

I agree. Whether or not it really matters anymore, I’d still like to see the CW scores and entry numbers for each event.

Old Post 02-08-2019 09:07 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

It's almost as if they don't want it known how few some of these events draw.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-08-2019 09:23 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Y'all can blame me I put the numbers on here when I thought it would do some good to let them know we knew. A year from now we will all know.

I appoligise.

Tar

Old Post 02-08-2019 09:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Numbers and scores

I think we all deserve to see the numbers and scores of each hunt, this isn't asking to much. Dave

Old Post 02-08-2019 10:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

The last 2 hunts at a club nearby had NO dogs in their hunts either night . Most clubs close by here gets maybe 1 or 2 registered dogs and maybe 1 nitech .

Old Post 02-09-2019 02:53 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I have seen as low as 7 dogs at a hunt up here in southern Iowa. But depending on time of year most hunts we average 12 to 15 I would say. With the exception of July and August. Those 2 months we may average 7 or 8. But with heat and humidity mosquito and ticks guys up here generally back off those months. At my local club we tend to average 400 to 500 for top score. Have seen a lot of 600 to 800 nights. We even had a cast that scored 1150 and was won by a tie breaker. But saying that we have had nights that 150 won the hunt as well. I know in years past if I won my cast with 350 I was planning on not winning the hunt when I got back to club house.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 02-09-2019 11:34 AM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLIE SMITH
UKC Forum Member

If you Scored 2500 or 3000 in two hours would you like people to see that take a pencil and a paper and see how they do it. Can't be done just my opinion.

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:51 PM
OLIE SMITH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLIE SMITH Click here to Send OLIE SMITH a Private Message Click Here to Email OLIE SMITH Find more posts by OLIE SMITH Add OLIE SMITH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I believe print media is just a thing of the past... way too easy to find any info you want on the screen you are reading this on. Easier, cheaper, more up-to-date, and more interactive. There is not much in any print any more because of the internet.

Old Post 02-15-2019 09:30 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I would like to see the results of GrNtCh vs the NtCh in the new Ch classes, GrNtCh percentage wins over NtCh wins!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 02-16-2019 01:09 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I like the magazine pretty good just renewed mine always got mine and as much as I like to read on here that magazine sure is easier on my eye's .

Old Post 02-16-2019 02:47 PM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I've bought all three coonhunters mags for prolly close to 30 years now. They sure ain't cheap no more. I grew up on Full Cry and Guns and Ammo. At this point they are prolly some sort of addiction.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-16-2019 05:02 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHORN
UKC Forum Member

Houndsound is right the internet killed print media. You can find out things on the computer faster. No need to wait for next month when it is available now, instant gratification era. I am sure advertisers (stud dogs) have quit buying ads because they can put it on multiple forums for free. Less income to the publisher means less money to print the pages, hence they cut out things. The results take a lot of time to type and check for accuracy there fore they will be the first thing to go.

Old Post 02-17-2019 03:00 PM
SHORN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHORN Click here to Send SHORN a Private Message Find more posts by SHORN Add SHORN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SHORN
Houndsound is right the internet killed print media. You can find out things on the computer faster. No need to wait for next month when it is available now, instant gratification era. I am sure advertisers (stud dogs) have quit buying ads because they can put it on multiple forums for free. Less income to the publisher means less money to print the pages, hence they cut out things. The results take a lot of time to type and check for accuracy there fore they will be the first thing to go.

I'm really surprised one of the KC's have not embraced the technology more:

- online magazine subscription like most newspapers offer.
- Apps for judges to use instead of paper score cards. Hunt results could be updated live or nearly instantly to an easy to access web page.
-GPS, someone should break the norm, instead of banning use of GPS collars... Require them. Judge could hold the hand held, keep everyone honest... I'm sure with a GPS using Google maps it could be developed where people could follow along live.
- High quality, web broadcasts, of major events.

Just some random thoughts.

Old Post 02-17-2019 03:49 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I think if the truth was known they are loosing money on this magazine. So they are cutting things to save a little money. They need to move all this info to the web and be done with it. Find some good writers, charge a fee, put all of the other needed info in it and be done with the printed mag.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-23-2019 06:50 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I hope they don’t

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I think if the truth was known they are loosing money on this magazine. So they are cutting things to save a little money. They need to move all this info to the web and be done with it. Find some good writers, charge a fee, put all of the other needed info in it and be done with the printed mag.

I doubt they are losing money on it. Also, I really enjoy looking at the pics and reading it. A magazine will always be easier to read than an electronic newsletter of that size. I wish they would add more reader supplied content, such as more Hunt details/pictures sent in by clubs from all over. It wouldn’t have to be big articles but short recaps of recent hunts or fundraisers that may not be actual sanctioned hunts. I was recently reading an American Cooner from the early 90’s and it was filled with small reports that took up less than a column. Also, anytime any club does anything with kids, get that in there. Even if it is just a fun hunt, not just a UKC points hunt. That drives interest and eyeballs to the magazine. I don’t mean for UKC to send a reporter, but have the clubs email in in a little blurb. They are putting details on their Facebook pages, send that same info in to UKC with a pic of the winners.

Last edited by Nick B on 02-23-2019 at 03:59 PM

Old Post 02-23-2019 02:33 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark nethery
UKC Forum Member

Cast wins

Since its only a cast win now and no win slips. Just wait until a year or two every one has a GrNtch that never won a hunt. Sad what the whole night hunts have come to. Hour hunts hunting judge no first requirement or ntch cast hunt winners. Cheap champions coming. Guys thought ntch and GrNtch champions hound quality is bad now just like it dropped when non hunting judges stop on champions cast. This will be worse. Jmo but I bet history proves me right
No need to post cast wins in little hunts I guess. Sad I was same way for years waiting on the mail.

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

PR Git Ryght Ryta. (GrNtCh Kant Git Ryght x GrNtCh Magic Style Dolly )

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Old Post 02-24-2019 12:32 AM
mark nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark nethery Click here to Send mark nethery a Private Message Find more posts by mark nethery Add mark nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

But the entertainment on here is ( live action and free ) guess we could always run a stud add on the King !

Live breeding=$300
Chilled= $500
Shipped= $1000

Kick it up a notch lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 02-24-2019 01:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

It's Sad

It's sad to see the end nearing to a great era. It's just a sign of the time's. We old timers probably hate to admit it but the web has come to life. It's not just our great Bloodlines magazine but everywhere. Stores at Christmas, Easter, and all the holiday sales down. It's all on the internet now. I used to love putting an ad in the Bloodline mag and waiting to see what it looked like when it came and all the response I would get from it. Then I would field many, many phone calls and have live conversation with some great American coon hunters for hours on end. Now it's here on the net for the world to see and critique and sometimes get downright personnel and nasty. It's a whole lot harder to call you names on a phone or in person than here on this computer! But in this high tech world it's all about profit and I understand a business having to keep up with the times or get left behind. Sadly, I too have stopped my subscription to Bloodlines. Soon we will be paying $400 for a full page ad on the new Bloodlines website. It's coming.

Old Post 02-24-2019 03:01 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

The internet has changed everything what if ukc shut this website down everyone would complain many prime shopping areas are half empty because of the internet just like the bloodlines magazine is

Old Post 02-24-2019 04:15 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote