UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Comp hunt scenario.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Comp hunt scenario.

I too like what John is doing on here. I will post a scenario that actually happened to me while judging a cast one night.

4 dog cast- All dogs leave like their on a mission. After 10 minutes Dog A strikes and is declared treed shortly after. After 5 is up cast proceeds to the tree and only find dog A treed.

After shining tree for a couple minutes, handler of Dog A begins squalling. Handler of dog B steps up to the judge and says dog A is scratched, as 7 minutes have not yet elapsed . As the Judge what decision do you come too when faced with this issue.

Oh by the way Dog A was ahead in this cast before we dropped loose in this spot.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2014 09:46 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Thats a tough decision. Id probably minus his tree points and track points and
If they didnt like that they could take a vote. Thats a tough spot cause he wasnt suppose to squall. Ive made the mistake though cause i hunt both pkc and ukc and this is a rule easyly missed.

Old Post 03-06-2014 09:54 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

no squalling before the 7 unless all dogs are treed. 6u in the rules says its a scratchable offense

Last edited by jimbob_walker on 03-06-2014 at 09:57 PM

Old Post 03-06-2014 09:54 PM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

He can squall.. (6u).. because all dogs that had been struck were handled. (gotta read the whole rule)

Last edited by john Duemmer on 03-06-2014 at 10:01 PM

Old Post 03-06-2014 09:57 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
He can squall.. (6u).. because no other dogs had been struck.
no dogs are struck, but it says if struck dogs are handled. I don't know how to read that one. its still interfering with dogs that are hunting.

Old Post 03-06-2014 10:01 PM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

if no other dogs are struck he can squal.

Old Post 03-06-2014 10:20 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amblue
UKC Forum Member

10/4 you can squall only 1 dog struck

Old Post 03-06-2014 10:45 PM
amblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amblue Click here to Send amblue a Private Message Click Here to Email amblue Find more posts by amblue Add amblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
center12
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark V.
if no other dogs are struck he can squal.

Agree with this.

Old Post 03-06-2014 10:53 PM
center12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for center12 Click here to Send center12 a Private Message Click Here to Email center12 Find more posts by center12 Add center12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kissyandmister
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
He can squall.. (6u).. because all dogs that had been struck were handled. (gotta read the whole rule)
where does he say the others dogs was handle.? Dog A was struck but that strike was over when he treed. The other dogs could be interfered with squalling same as shooting make them come into tree too see what the racket was.

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:25 AM
Kissyandmister is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kissyandmister Click here to Send Kissyandmister a Private Message Click Here to Email Kissyandmister Find more posts by Kissyandmister Add Kissyandmister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bucksaw Kennels
Banned

I think he can be scratched but me personally would give him a break with a warning if it was a good cast unless a vote was asked to be taken. That is a good question though and would like to know the correct answer.

Old Post 03-07-2014 04:09 AM
Bucksaw Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bucksaw Kennels Click here to Send Bucksaw Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Bucksaw Kennels Find more posts by Bucksaw Kennels Add Bucksaw Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Its a simple one if he is the only one struck then he can blow the reeds out. If another dog was struck then he can be scratched.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-07-2014 04:30 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kissyandmister
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Its a simple one if he is the only one struck then he can blow the reeds out. If another dog was struck then he can be scratched.
he WAS struck but he was then Ttreed. Do you think the handler of dog A would go to squalling if he was just struck in and trailing?... Come on.!even comp hunting rules have a little bit to do with real coon hunting sometimes.

Old Post 03-07-2014 04:43 AM
Kissyandmister is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kissyandmister Click here to Send Kissyandmister a Private Message Click Here to Email Kissyandmister Find more posts by Kissyandmister Add Kissyandmister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
masonman1974
UKC Forum Member

when I judge the best dog wins I would just say hey man you cant do that yet....its all about the dogs when I judge,and no matter how dirty me and my hound get done when someone else is judging,when im judging best dog wins...

Old Post 03-07-2014 10:23 AM
masonman1974 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for masonman1974 Click here to Send masonman1974 a Private Message Click Here to Email masonman1974 Visit masonman1974's homepage! Find more posts by masonman1974 Add masonman1974 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dealer
UKC Forum Member

Glad the rules were re-written to try to clarify... I thought this was cut and dry? He can squall all he wants until another dog is struck.... If the dog comes to that tree he is shut out on strike anyway...

Rock Creek Kennels

Old Post 03-07-2014 11:54 AM
Dealer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dealer Click here to Send Dealer a Private Message Click Here to Email Dealer Find more posts by Dealer Add Dealer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
Thats a tough decision. Id probably minus his tree points and track points and
If they didnt like that they could take a vote. Thats a tough spot cause he wasnt suppose to squall. Ive made the mistake though cause i hunt both pkc and ukc and this is a rule easyly missed.

Now Hoss, there is no basis in the rules for minus in this situation. You cannot make up things as you go to try to even things out.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 03-07-2014 11:58 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schills
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kissyandmister
he WAS struck but he was then Ttreed. Do you think the handler of dog A would go to squalling if he was just struck in and trailing?... Come on.!even comp hunting rules have a little bit to do with real coon hunting sometimes.

But he is holding that strike till the tree is scored so he is struck and treed and no other dogs have said a thing so I believe handler A is allowed to squal then.

Old Post 03-07-2014 12:17 PM
schills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schills Click here to Send schills a Private Message Find more posts by schills Add schills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey

I agree with joey

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 03-07-2014 02:19 PM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

yep

if no other dogs have struck he isnt interfering with them because they arent doin anything. even if they come in they dont get any minus because they have never been struck in. if a dog has been struck in have to wait 7 minutes to squall.

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:12 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woodsmaster77
UKC Forum Member

Rules!

Some of u guys need to buy the little red book! It is easy! Look under handler related offenses! Section u. States clearly!,for squalling,tapping on trees,pulling vines,or any action deemed to be interfering with dogs! During the first 7 minutes! U ARE SCRATCHED,!! UNLESS! ALL DOGS ARE HANDLED!

Sorry Woodmaster. I meant to hit the quote button on your post. Instead I nailed the edit button. My response is the first on page 2.

Last edited by Allen / UKC on 03-07-2014 at 03:55 PM

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:17 PM
woodsmaster77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for woodsmaster77 Click here to Send woodsmaster77 a Private Message Find more posts by woodsmaster77 Add woodsmaster77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rules!

quote:
Originally posted by woodsmaster77
Some of u guys need to buy the little red book! It is easy! Look under handler related offenses! Section u. States clearly!,for squalling,tapping on trees,pulling vines,or any action deemed to be interfering with dogs! During the first 7 minutes! U ARE SCRATCHED,!! UNLESS! ALL DOGS ARE HANDLED!

In this scenario,he just says dog a is handled ,so must mean other 3 are out hunting! Therfore to me dog a. Is scratched!

Another dog has to be struck and not treed near by for him to be scratched before the 7 is up.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:24 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kissyandmister

You completely misread the post. What was being referred to was other dogs in the cast being struck. Of course he was treed if the were at the tree blowing a squaller.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:27 PM
kenney Clark
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by woodsmaster77

In this scenario,he just says dog a is handled ,so must mean other 3 are out hunting! Therfore to me dog a. Is scratched!

Right. I say he scratched. Don't matter how much he's up. His dog was doing fine. But handler broke the rules. Sometimes best dog don't win when handler gets them scratched. What if while the tree was getting shined another dog did strike ? And then came in to the tree he sqauling. And coon is seen? You gonna minus his strike cause the guy over there sqauling like a nut

RIP - GR.NT.CH. , PKC CH. AKC NT.CH. SPIDERMAN SAM.

Contact Kenney Clark - 330-738-3019 CELL- 330-205 3299

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:28 PM
kenney Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenney Clark Click here to Send kenney Clark a Private Message Find more posts by kenney Clark Add kenney Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woodsmaster77
[B]Some of u guys need to buy the little red book! It is easy! Look under handler related offenses! Section u. States clearly!,for squalling,tapping on trees,pulling vines,or any action deemed to be interfering with dogs! During the first 7 minutes! U ARE SCRATCHED,!! UNLESS! ALL DOGS ARE HANDLED!

is this what the rule book says ????

its not to hard to understand if it is.

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:30 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenney Clark
UKC Forum Member

If I'm judging this cast. I scratch him. Then we go back to moh see what he says.

RIP - GR.NT.CH. , PKC CH. AKC NT.CH. SPIDERMAN SAM.

Contact Kenney Clark - 330-738-3019 CELL- 330-205 3299

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:34 PM
kenney Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenney Clark Click here to Send kenney Clark a Private Message Find more posts by kenney Clark Add kenney Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by kenney Clark
If I'm judging this cast. I scratch him. Then we go back to moh see what he says.

There was not another dog struck in so he is not scratched. The only thing the MOH is going to say is you wasted everyone's time.

Home Of:

Old Post 03-07-2014 03:38 PM