UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Hardwood Phine
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

Hardwood Phine

Has anyone hunted with this dog! im just looking to learn more about him so anything you know let me know! I bought a pup oout of him 8 months ago. just curious of what he is throwing some of his pros and cons.

NITECH WIND MILL HILL'S FACEMAN

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2011 04:41 PM
The Walker Way is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Walker Way Click here to Send The Walker Way a Private Message Click Here to Email The Walker Way Find more posts by The Walker Way Add The Walker Way to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-08-2011 10:53 PM
The Walker Way is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Walker Way Click here to Send The Walker Way a Private Message Click Here to Email The Walker Way Find more posts by The Walker Way Add The Walker Way to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockett42
UKC Forum Member

Phine

Hunted with him a couple of times. Good mouth, good tree dog, big hunting dog, one of the nicest dogs i ever hunted with.....

Old Post 02-09-2011 12:00 AM
rockett42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockett42 Click here to Send rockett42 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockett42 Find more posts by rockett42 Add rockett42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

thanks for the reply! Anyone else know anything about him???

Old Post 02-09-2011 04:34 PM
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

So far all good anything bad

Old Post 02-09-2011 08:22 PM
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-10-2011 03:44 PM
mucket
UKC Forum Member

pretty sure i seen where he had been scratched for fighting several times in prohound

Old Post 02-10-2011 04:58 PM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

I've heard nothing but good about him......burchell davis jr owned him from northwestern ohio......burchell is always packing a top dog and he told me ole phine is the best he has ever walked behind

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-10-2011 05:02 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duane Kehres
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Phine numerous times when Burchel owned him. Phine was a very hard tireless hunter a track driving machine and was real good about having them coons! He also had a real good mouth. Ya he had a few scratches in pkc for fighting but but was also in a ton of hunts in his prime..... it also came from breeding a few females.( jmo ) Overall a outstanding hound!!!

Old Post 02-10-2011 06:10 PM
Duane Kehres is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duane Kehres Click here to Send Duane Kehres a Private Message Click Here to Email Duane Kehres Find more posts by Duane Kehres Add Duane Kehres to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Miller
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Phine in Indiana one night for about four hours. Hard going lil unit, and he had a decent mouth that was clear. Seemed he would open on nearly anything, but was good about having a coon when he got parked. Second tree of the night I treed him on his locate, and I was sitting in the truck between two fellows that were talking. Sluggo looked at me and stuck his head out the window, and said you are right.

A fellow is hunting a real nice four or five year old dog out of him down here right now. Never travels for with him, but wears these local hunts out with him.

Jason Miller
Late Night Kennels

Old Post 02-10-2011 09:25 PM
Jason Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Miller Click here to Send Jason Miller a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Miller Add Jason Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE JUMP ON THIS BOARD AND SAY HE GOT SCRATCH FOR FIGHTING. HOW DO U KNOW HE STARTED IT? I DONT WANT ONE THAT WILL RUNN FROM OL GATOR!! MATTER A FACT THERE'S A GUY RUNING THE HUNTS AROUND HERE THATS PACKING A MEAN HOUND AND I FEEL SORRY FOR THE OTHER HOUNDS THAT WILL GET SCRATCH WITH HIM!! I HAD A BUDDY THAT HUNTED THE GRAN AM. AND GOT SCRATCH FOR FIGHTING AND I KNOW HIS DOG ISNT MEAN. BUT HE DREW A DOG THAT THE LINE IS VERY WELL KNOWN TO BE THAT WAY!!

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Last edited by Maniac on 02-10-2011 at 09:55 PM

Old Post 02-10-2011 09:45 PM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carolina Style
UKC Forum Member

Drew him at a Prohunt one night. Phine and Sluggo were going to the semi-finals and I was going home. He was my style of dog through the country with 2 looking down every time he was cut. Couldve had a bigger score but cut back in a few times for 25.

Dual Grand PKC Ch Hardwood Stylish Maggie
Grnitech PKC Ch Wipeout Storm
Grnitech PKC Ch Habits High Roller
Dual Grand PKC Silver Ch. Rats Trixie Ann
Nitech PKC Silver Ch Hi Rollin Get Ripped
Nitech PKC Ch Woodstock Timber

Andrew Walker
803-908-8369

Old Post 02-10-2011 10:05 PM
Carolina Style is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina Style Click here to Send Carolina Style a Private Message Click Here to Email Carolina Style Find more posts by Carolina Style Add Carolina Style to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dan haehn
UKC Forum Member

phines litter mate

I can't speak for phine himself, but a good friend of mine Ed Gottfried owns a litter mate to phine named phire. One of the nicest hounds i've hunted with. Phires a gr.nt.ch and a pkc silver champion. We hunted him this past summer and i believe he is around 10 yrs old and looked like one in his prime! That i feel speaks the most for hounds when multiple litter mates are successful. Out standing crosses like this can only reproduce great litters also. jmo

Old Post 02-11-2011 12:14 AM
dan haehn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dan haehn Click here to Send dan haehn a Private Message Click Here to Email dan haehn Find more posts by dan haehn Add dan haehn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mucket
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mucket
pretty sure i seen where he had been scratched for fighting several times in prohound

I hate when people blow **** out of proportion all i did was state a fact,he asked what people knew an that is all i know,nowhere did i say any thing about being mean,that was the rest of you yahoo's drawing conclusions!

Old Post 02-11-2011 04:12 AM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dkrause
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mucket
I hate when people blow **** out of proportion all i did was state a fact,he asked what people knew an that is all i know,nowhere did i say any thing about being mean,that was the rest of you yahoo's drawing conclusions!

well 3 things i am pretty sure of

1: if slugo is hunting a dog, he/she is likely a dog of the caliber most on here can only dream of owning.

2: if a dog has been scratched for fighting enough to get a bit of a reputation, he/she isnt the one on the defensive side all the time.

3: if you haul a dog to as many hunts as this dog has been to in its lifetime from pup through adult, and it is any sort of tree dog your going to get scrathed for fighting at least a few times.

in my opinion i dont really care if a dog gets a little owly with other males as it gets some age on it after its been to a few hundred hunts and bred 10-100+ females. the big question is what was his temperment like from 0-3yrs old.

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Flatten

OOOOOOOOYYEEEEEAAAA, Macho Man Randy Savage. I think of that dude every time I see a post from Jim Hill.

http://studly1.mybrute.com
try it you'll like it

Old Post 02-11-2011 05:34 AM
dkrause is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dkrause Click here to Send dkrause a Private Message Click Here to Email dkrause Find more posts by dkrause Add dkrause to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stinkbait1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dkrause
well 3 things i am pretty sure of

1: if slugo is hunting a dog, he/she is likely a dog of the caliber most on here can only dream of owning.

2: if a dog has been scratched for fighting enough to get a bit of a reputation, he/she isnt the one on the defensive side all the time.

3: if you haul a dog to as many hunts as this dog has been to in its lifetime from pup through adult, and it is any sort of tree dog your going to get scrathed for fighting at least a few times.

in my opinion i dont really care if a dog gets a little owly with other males as it gets some age on it after its been to a few hundred hunts and bred 10-100+ females. the big question is what was his temperment like from 0-3yrs old.

i agree a dog can have a good temperment but if provoked by another dog can be made to look ill. kinda like someone slaps you what are you going to do? i'm fighting!

Old Post 02-11-2011 01:37 PM
stinkbait1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stinkbait1 Click here to Send stinkbait1 a Private Message Find more posts by stinkbait1 Add stinkbait1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dan haehn
UKC Forum Member

I knew you didn't mean anything by it Eric. I never took it that way!

Old Post 02-11-2011 04:53 PM
dan haehn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dan haehn Click here to Send dan haehn a Private Message Click Here to Email dan haehn Find more posts by dan haehn Add dan haehn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys for all the replys! I bought a pup 8 months ago out of mr phine. I didnt know i had something special until he started treeing all by his self at 8 months and doing a good job at it. He is just a die hard tree dog. it seems like the longer he trees the harder he trees. he is a year old now and its been a little slow up here in wisconsin with all the snow here but he still gots it i took him out a few days ago and he split from the old dog/ i cant wait for the weather to break so i can see him go when coon are thicker!!!
Thanks again

Old Post 02-11-2011 04:55 PM
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

also does phine have any wind treeing ability(layups)???

Old Post 02-11-2011 04:56 PM
mucket
UKC Forum Member

He also had a sister called phree that was a nice hound,she was bred to X the year she passed.

Last edited by mucket on 02-11-2011 at 07:28 PM

Old Post 02-11-2011 07:14 PM
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

he is bred right and im sure he is a nice dog. . . they dont do that much winning on accident!

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-11-2011 08:22 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duane Kehres
UKC Forum Member

I also owned a littermate to Phine. I called him Bo and sold him to Sluggo and he resold him to some guy's down south. They changed his name to Phatz and also did some winning at the superstakes with him. Phatz was also quick on both ends! That whole litter was COONDOG'S!!

Old Post 02-11-2011 08:55 PM
Duane Kehres is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duane Kehres Click here to Send Duane Kehres a Private Message Click Here to Email Duane Kehres Find more posts by Duane Kehres Add Duane Kehres to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marty Vincent

quote:
Originally posted by The Walker Way
also does phine have any wind treeing ability(layups)???
I SAW THE DOG I HAD OUT OF PHINE, LOCATE 10 FEET FROM THE TREE, I HAVE ONLY SAW THIS IN 2 OR 3 DOGS MY WHOLE LIFE. I WOULD SAY U HAVE GOT SOMTHING SPEC. THANKS, MARTY...........

Old Post 02-11-2011 09:14 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Walker Way
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-12-2011 04:46 PM
WolfCrkKennels
UKC Forum Member

Phine?

Did they ever get frozen semen off him?

Old Post 02-14-2014 04:01 AM
WolfCrkKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WolfCrkKennels Click here to Send WolfCrkKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email WolfCrkKennels Find more posts by WolfCrkKennels Add WolfCrkKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote