UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > redstick Ann
Pages (14): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

AMEN!!

So glad you found her!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2016 01:23 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks again. She was in good care when I got to her, and happy to see me. Heading home ,

Old Post 08-24-2016 02:41 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Great News!

Glad you found her.

Old Post 08-24-2016 04:44 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

check your PM box

Old Post 08-30-2016 12:56 AM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

We are back at it, Ann has got back in the grove, we have been getting in the woods and she was not getting the job done. But the last two nights she looks like she is back to the normal hunting style, also I've been hunting blade with her and he has treed while ann and rebelet went in different ways and now he is going hunting on the run now that I've put some hair in his mouth, This is month that I get to hunt wma for awhile and I'll be in the woods every night but Sunday, for the next 30 nights if the weather allows me. Time for me to get a back pack to keep blade off , this pup hate the smell of coons, if he get wind of a coon he will let u no quick. Good Hunting.

Old Post 09-01-2016 04:50 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BLADE

He's gonna make you a good one Sleepy. From the first Coon he saw he Naturally Hated Them. I just didn't have the Energy to hunt all these hounds and had to cut somewhere and I'm glad you got him and he's turning it on for you. Glad Ann is getting back in the groove too. Have fun in the WMA and give me a shout sometime, Take Care.

Old Post 09-01-2016 06:48 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Blade

Steve I do no what u meant about energy he us a hand full just alone to handle, I took all three one night and the first tree they was altogether after that I was all over the woods going to dogs and trying to handle him was hard. Blade and Ann goes nuts in the truck if they get wind of a coon other than that you wouldn't no they are in the box. His name should have been scream, I'm not a male dog hunter but I like this dog. We have a long way to go but I'm in high gear with him and rebelet.

Old Post 09-01-2016 08:10 PM
louisa
UKC Forum Member

sleepy

that 14 month old jyp i got from prophet will not bark on track at all and is treeing hard with a bawl mouth. What can i do to get her to bark on track. glad to see you got Ann back.

Old Post 09-02-2016 05:04 AM
louisa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for louisa Click here to Send louisa a Private Message Find more posts by louisa Add louisa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. Not sure if you can do anything to change it, if you find out something let me no. Give me a call on your next day off next week and I will bring Ann over since we are back at it.

Old Post 09-02-2016 04:18 PM
louisa
UKC Forum Member

probably next thursday night is going to be good for me will keep you posted

Old Post 09-03-2016 01:58 AM
louisa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for louisa Click here to Send louisa a Private Message Find more posts by louisa Add louisa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
louisa
UKC Forum Member

14 month old gyp

well sleepy tonight I shot out one to her that treed right by feeder and then her and that old male with a weak voice hit a hot boar coon and ran it about 400 yrds and she started opening about half way the race I was some excited

Old Post 09-04-2016 06:18 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

$kc

Hunted ann last night and we made two trees look at one coon, and came out with the win, going back tonight for another pkc hunt tonight, going to try get back into La. 16. Dogs,

Old Post 09-06-2016 08:03 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ANN

Congrats on the win Sleepy!

Old Post 09-06-2016 10:28 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

$kc

Thanks steve.
Went again last night and she went to work with a warm night she struck 2 on the first turn out and I didn't like the way she came up on the tree behind the other dogs, so we treed in last and it was in a bad place with Muscadine,every where but it was a lazy locate on the tree, no coon seen but circle it. Next drop she had second strick but she was 300 yards alone while the others was working to the north and with 4 min. Left she come treed with a coon and the win.

Old Post 09-07-2016 05:12 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

$kc

Thanks steve.
Went again last night and she went to work with a warm night she struck 2 on the first turn out and I didn't like the way she came up on the tree behind the other dogs, so we treed in last and it was in a bad place with Muscadine,every where but it was a lazy locate on the tree, no coon seen but circle it. Next drop she had second strick but she was 300 yards alone while the others was working to the north and with 4 min. Left she come treed with a coon and the win.

Old Post 09-07-2016 05:12 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Way to go Sleepy her old momma would be PROUD! Dang it I miss her.

Old Post 09-07-2016 05:33 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

You get her finished to Gr nt?

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 09-07-2016 05:38 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ANN

Congrats Again!!

Old Post 09-07-2016 05:40 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys.
Dennis I haven't been to a ukc hunt in a while but we will be at one this weekend and try and get the last one,

Old Post 09-09-2016 12:37 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Good luck, sounds like Ann is on a roll.

And Many More

Old Post 09-09-2016 02:50 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann /blade

I'm back at it and it is got me dragging today, I've been hunting Ann/blade I've seen some real good potential in the male pup off steve Bankston bo/stormy cross, this is the second one I've had and they are naturally lay up tree dogs, I've seen blade tree 4 single lay up that he wind and went found the right tree and seen other dogs work tracks while he is working to find the right tree, and once he start he haven't went to or left for no reason, he don't no how to go looking for a coon and work a track and he don't like to go with the dogs but will go and come but I've been hunting him steady for 3 weeks now, and he had coon shot out every night that I took him, He ran a hot track good with Ann and I took him with rebelet a few times and took all three together twice and unless it's a hot race he don't care to go with them at all, but until I get him to going and finding a track I'm going to keep him with some company, I took him with one dog that run a hot track that he took off with him but at 500 yards he quit and came back to me, then he went a 100 yards to cover rebelet and he stop went left and wind a coon while she was working and he treed one and neither dog pull and they had a coon, He is still missing steve but he loves a coon a little bit more.

Old Post 09-20-2016 06:13 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BLADE

Glad Blade is getting under some Coon for you Sleepy. That makes 5 of the 9 pups that are treeing their on out of that litter and they just turned a year old the 10th of this month. The other 4 might be getting it done to but I haven't talked with them since the pups left here. They have a Thread on the Main Board called, " Wind Treeing ? " and they are talking about a hound that's treeing just like you say Blade is getting it done. Check out the different comments on there. BO treed a lot of Coon the same way the end of his first Summer when he was 14 and 15 months old. Coon laying up in those Muscadine Vines and then up in the Acorns. Fun to watch him on the Garmin traveling through the woods not opening then slam on the brakes and go left, right or come back a little then start locating over and over until he parked it under the right tree then blew the top out. I know you like hunting females but I hope you hang onto Blade. I don't think you will regret it, Take Care.

Old Post 09-22-2016 12:03 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

$kc

I took ann to a hunt last night and even with a Lil heat she did a very good job on winning her round with two other very good hounds we started out on the first cut with Ann split from a red bone and both had a coon and it was quick to find each coon, we walk and Recut and black dog got first then red dog ann got in late and deep alone, the red dog did a real good job and treed alone then ann treed 600 yards the other way, we went to red and found his and then off to Ann she was split from the black dog and we found a coon one tree over and that's when the $$$ crypt started, one guy say that the tree where the coon at was not touching and the judge couldn't see the coon in time and judge say circle it and the other guy who saw the coon but say he couldn't cross wanted to slick it, so I keep my cool and took a circle on that tree, we had 48 minutes to go in the hunt, we walk the minute and cut lose, Ann got first then the black dog second then the red dog, we stayed in one spot for awhile and I can tell all three was in different places Ann was hunted in there a lot last winter so I no she was close the the river and on a big slough and the other two was in the middle of the hard woods working, After 15 min. ANN TREED and no dog covered her we went to her and found her coon quick, and I Recut her just as soon as the other dogs open and she went down the slough then the black dog treed and we made it there shine and no coon. With 10 minutes left the red dog trails a dillier,right in front of us, and the time ran out. Ann wins 400+, We got back and two guys wanted to take the blue dog back out, so we went back out, Ann struck third and she work a bad track and I treed her second and found the coon, we walk back to the other dog Recut dogs struck back in and Ann treed first and the other two came into the tree and got 25. And just as we got to the tree the WWE got started two dogs scratch and and gets the late round, and we go home happy with 195$ and a great hunt.

Old Post 09-25-2016 03:34 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Ann sounds like one of those coon catchers. Congrats on the wins.

And Many More

Old Post 09-25-2016 07:23 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Congrats Sleepy, way to go!

Old Post 09-26-2016 01:32 AM