UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Say It Aint So! No Sweet Tea?
Pages (781): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Not as long as they had homony.....

it smells as bad as it taste!

Had it once....that was enough. Smells like someones cutting calves or something.....

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-05-2010 09:36 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cleo
Not as long as they had homony.....

it smells as bad as it taste!

Had it once....that was enough. Smells like someones cutting calves or something.....

This brings up a nother whole dish. Do you cook THOSE too? (Rocky Mountain Oysters) I don't care for hominy either.

Last edited by Bluedogman on 08-05-2010 at 09:55 PM

Old Post 08-05-2010 09:44 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Re: WHAT DO NORTHERNERS EAT OR DRINK

quote:
Originally posted by VA.REB
but what do yall eat and drink above the LINE?? GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Beer and Brats. Last night alone I had Loaded Baked Potato Brats, Pineapple Brats and Salsa Brats. And beer.

Old Post 08-05-2010 09:44 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anscox
UKC Forum Member

Man, I would LOVE for you to send some liver mush my way! Haven't had it in nearly a year. We're supposed to go visiting that way in September, and you bet I'll be packing a cooler full back with me. Gotta stop at the Hickory Log BBQ on the way home too.

My Mom took a temperary job in NY with the company she worked for here in 1998. She flew home on weekends and soon found herself carting a suit case full of grits and some Jack Daniels Whiskey with her each time for her new friends. Good thing that was before increased security and baggage charges! LOL. Everyone in the office would send her home with a grocery list to return with. It was hilarious!

CH 'PR' Cox's Absolute Envy
CH 'PR' White Liar's Just A Digit
Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:
CH 'PR' Cox's Sweet Mountain Magic 2005-2010

Old Post 08-05-2010 09:45 PM
anscox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anscox Click here to Send anscox a Private Message Click Here to Email anscox Visit anscox's homepage! Find more posts by anscox Add anscox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRbluehound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedogman
How you think these Southern Belles got so purdy?
southern moonshine!

Old Post 08-05-2010 10:15 PM
RRbluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRbluehound Click here to Send RRbluehound a Private Message Find more posts by RRbluehound Add RRbluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RRbluehound
southern moonshine!
LOL

Old Post 08-05-2010 10:17 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barryg35
UKC Forum Member

MILO'S is sold in every convience store these days!

Old Post 08-05-2010 10:27 PM
barryg35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barryg35 Click here to Send barryg35 a Private Message Click Here to Email barryg35 Find more posts by barryg35 Add barryg35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carolina Style
UKC Forum Member

Went out to Vegas and I was staying at the Treasure Island Resort and they did not have sweet tea and I happend to be at the Bellagio gambling one night and asked a waitress there about some sweet tea she just happend to be from ALABAMA and she said they didnt have any but she would see what she could do..That sweet young lady made me some from her own tea she brought to work and brewed for herself..Needless to say she left with a NICE tip ...Gotta love Vegas

Dual Grand PKC Ch Hardwood Stylish Maggie
Grnitech PKC Ch Wipeout Storm
Grnitech PKC Ch Habits High Roller
Dual Grand PKC Silver Ch. Rats Trixie Ann
Nitech PKC Silver Ch Hi Rollin Get Ripped
Nitech PKC Ch Woodstock Timber

Andrew Walker
803-908-8369

Old Post 08-05-2010 10:38 PM
Carolina Style is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina Style Click here to Send Carolina Style a Private Message Click Here to Email Carolina Style Find more posts by Carolina Style Add Carolina Style to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I been to the north country...Every southern person around must ask for sweet tea up there..Specially when a lot of southerners are up that way for a big hunt..I ordered it every time I set down Made a few pretty mad..One even cussed me a little lol... At this paticular hunt..Had a big sign up saying bis. an gravy after first round..Well About 2 am I was looking forward to that..Dang I aint never in my life seen any biscuits like that..Gravy was not very gravy like either..Sure aint like mama fixes it anyhow!!!

Old Post 08-05-2010 11:29 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

WHY NOT,

Have some of the big hunts in the SOUTH. Then this would not be a problem, we might actually convert yall to our famous SOUTHERN COOKIN. Plus I aint never thought it was fair to have all of the big hunts up north. Come down here and let your hounds actually have to hunt for a coon for a change. Sorry yall, for changin the subject, [I just want my sweet tea and gravy biscuits]. GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Old Post 08-06-2010 03:38 AM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LMBEDDINGFIELD
Thank Goodness Richmond has come around and most place have sweet tea....

We found this little bbq place we eat at when in Richmond and there sweet tea is awesome and the BBQ is like at home.....

You are braver than me. I don't try BBQ just anywhere.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 08-06-2010 04:40 AM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: WHY NOT,

quote:
Originally posted by VA.REB
Have some of the big hunts in the SOUTH. Then this would not be a problem, we might actually convert yall to our famous SOUTHERN COOKIN. Plus I aint never thought it was fair to have all of the big hunts up north. Come down here and let your hounds actually have to hunt for a coon for a change. Sorry yall, for changin the subject, [I just want my sweet tea and gravy biscuits]. GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Cause we aint got the coon that In does.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-06-2010 04:53 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

I'm not from the south, but that Sweet Tea at McDonald's is nectar from the Gods in my opinion. I bet a drink a couple gallons of that stuff a week. I can't get enough of it.

I need to take these recipes and brew some of this stuff myself. I love the stuff!

Old Post 08-06-2010 04:56 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Gotta have some sweet tea. But you can keep those nasty lemons. Lemons have to be something that the dang Yankee's left in the South after the war.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-06-2010 04:59 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

I don't mess my tea up with lemon either!

Old Post 08-06-2010 09:41 AM
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

AMEN ,

MY SOUTHERN BROTHERS. WHEN I WANT MY SWEET TEA , I DRINK TEA, WHEN I WANT LEMONADE[WHICH AINT OFTEN], I DRINK LEMONADE. AINT NO NEED IN MESSIN WITH A GOOD THING. GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Old Post 08-06-2010 10:50 AM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

I do it the easy way -- fill up a half gallon tea pitcher with cold water from the fridge water dispenser -- drop two Lipton's cold brew tea bags in it and let it sit till it get dark enough to suit me. Take out the bags, sweeten with 15 packs of Splenda, put in fridge to keep cold. It will be gone 'fore the day is over. Start over the next morning.

We can get pretty good tea at any restaurant. We usually order unsweetened and sweeten our own from the choices on the table. Sweetened is always too sweet for me.

In recent years I have started to eat right and stay away from the salt and sugar. Still eat well just the same and stay under the over-weight line. I will splurge at family gathering and such but don't let it get out of hand even then.

I don't eat 'range oysters' btw Miss Cleo Patra!

Old Post 08-06-2010 01:43 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
You are braver than me. I don't try BBQ just anywhere.

Me either but this was recommended to us and it is AWESOME!! Just like home!!

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

GrCh Pr Melrose Mtn Lead Me Home "Mercy"
2020 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2019 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2017 Black and Tan Days Queen of Show
2017 World Champion Black & Tan Female
2018 Ch of Ch Female Grand American
2019 Ch of Ch Female Winter Classic
2019 Georgia State Show Champion
2020 SC State Queen of Show

Ch Melrose Mtn Diamond in the Rough "Coal"
2019 NC State Best Male of Show
2019 Autumn Oaks Best Male of Show
2019 World Champion B&T Male
2020 SC State Show Champion
2020 Autumn Oaks Champion B&T Male
2020 World Ch Black and Tan Male
2020 World Show Overall Opposite Sex
2020 Purina Nationals Black and Tan Winner

UKC and AKC GrCH Melrose Mtn Hint of Jasmine
2015 Southern English Days BFOS
2017 Southern English Days Ch Female
2018 Southern English Days GrCh Female
2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS
2016 English Day Champion Female and Overall Queen of Show
2018 Autumn Oaks Overall Opposite Sex National Grand
2020 World Champion English Female

UKC GrCh AKC GRCH Melrose Mtn This is My Town (T-Roy) Plott
2015 UKC NC State Opposite Sex Winner
2013 UKC Saluda Coondog Days Gr Male and King of Show
2013 UKC NPHA Plott Days Overall King of Show
2015 National Grand Plott
2018 National Grand Opposite Sex Plott

In Loving Memory
GrCh Melrose Mtn Lil Bit of Beau - "Tucker" 8-28-2006 to 1-21-2011
Ch Melrose Mtn Sugar and Spice "Sugar" 11-17-2011 to 4-6-2014

GrCh Melrose Mtn Amazing Gracie
8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 08-06-2010 02:02 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LMBEDDINGFIELD Click here to Send LMBEDDINGFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email LMBEDDINGFIELD Find more posts by LMBEDDINGFIELD Add LMBEDDINGFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

OOO BBQ!!! We have plenty of that around too. Some of our locals are good at it.

Last edited by Bluedogman on 08-06-2010 at 02:12 PM

Old Post 08-06-2010 02:07 PM
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: WHAT DO NORTHERNERS EAT OR DRINK

quote:
Originally posted by todd kellam
Beer and Brats. Last night alone I had Loaded Baked Potato Brats, Pineapple Brats and Salsa Brats. And beer.
Oh my Gawd!!

Old Post 08-06-2010 02:21 PM
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

IN MY PART OF THE SOUTH,

BEANS & CORNBREAD ARE STILL KING, WITH SWEET TEA OF COURSE. WE LOVE OUR BBQ TOO, BUT, THE BBQ IS BETTER IN EASTERN VA. THAN HERE, PLUS I DONT LIVE TO FAR FROM NC.[45 MINUTES AWAY FROM MT.AIRY] SO IM WILLIN TO DRIVE TO GET THE GOOD STUFF. MOST OF OUR HOG MEAT AROUND HERE GOS FOR COUNTRY HAM AND SIDEMEAT INSTEAD OF BBQ. KINDA FUNNY YOU NEVER HERE OUR NORTHERN FRIENDS TALKIN ABOUT THEIR FOOD UP THERE. Hmmmmm. ANYWAY, GOD BLESS YALL ALL.

Old Post 08-06-2010 03:38 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Country Ham and fresh bacon... YUM YUM YUMMMMMMMM

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-06-2010 03:45 PM
1nighthunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RRbluehound
southern moonshine!

Hey it also on works for them thar yankee girls as well just take a lot more LOL

Old Post 08-06-2010 03:50 PM
1nighthunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1nighthunter Click here to Send 1nighthunter a Private Message Click Here to Email 1nighthunter Find more posts by 1nighthunter Add 1nighthunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 1nighthunter
Hey it also on works for them thar yankee girls as well just take a lot more LOL
You speak from experience or hear-say?

Old Post 08-06-2010 03:52 PM
1nighthunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedogman
You speak from experience or hear-say?

I plead the 5th

Old Post 08-06-2010 03:56 PM
1nighthunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1nighthunter Click here to Send 1nighthunter a Private Message Click Here to Email 1nighthunter Find more posts by 1nighthunter Add 1nighthunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote