UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Don Hicks
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mike Matthews
UKC Forum Member

Don Hicks

Just heard Don passed away. Met him about 20 years ago when I bought a pup off him. The breed lost a good one. Y2KD will be in a lot of lines for a really long time. Rest easy old friend.

NT CH BAD FORK KINK
GR NT CH BAD FORK GUS (RIP)
NT CH CLINES HOLLYWOOD RUBY
NT CH FOURCHE MALINE RED BUDDY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-07-2022 12:02 AM
Mike Matthews is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Matthews Click here to Send Mike Matthews a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Matthews Find more posts by Mike Matthews Add Mike Matthews to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Farr
UKC Forum Member

Man I hate to hear that. Spoke to Don frequently and know one loved Redbones more. Thanks Mike for letting us know.

Old Post 08-07-2022 07:07 PM
Rob Farr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Farr Click here to Send Rob Farr a Private Message Find more posts by Rob Farr Add Rob Farr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreddog56
UKC Forum Member

Me and Don talked dogs almost on a daily bases,bred dogs together a lot of my dogs come off his old y2kd female,he has a realy good female that i bred and raised that is a grand daughter of old y2kd her name ima kd 2 she has ben american redbone days champion and national redbone days opposite sex champion,when i seen don was getting bad shape i told him i would take her and handle her,i took her to us days and we didnt do any good on friday night but dons wife cathy called me saturday and told me don had passed so i told kd to lets go win for don that night,she worked for me better than she ever had and we came in with the highest score of both nights 525+.I am going to keep hunting her for a while and then take her back to cathy.

Grnite.ch.Grch.Hicks Rusty .GRNITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY COOTER .GRNITECH(2)GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY DAZY. .NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY JUNEBUG GR.NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS RUSTY RED CUDA . GRNITECH.PKC CH. CHKC CH. TANK. CH.GRNITECH.MYATT CREEK LUCY.CH.GRFDCH.GRNITECH.WADES TREE TIGHT TINA.CH.NITECH.RUSTY RED RUTH

Old Post 08-08-2022 10:47 PM
okreddog56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreddog56 Click here to Send okreddog56 a Private Message Click Here to Email okreddog56 Find more posts by okreddog56 Add okreddog56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tony Dominguez
UKC Forum Member

Prayers for Don’s family, he was such a great man & a good friend, he will be missed

903-650-4495 call/txt anytime
Banshee Coon Squaller
Eukanuba Dog food

Redbone:
All Grand Outlaw G-Man
GRNITECH
GRAND SHOW CH
CHKC GRCH (all time $ leader)
PKC PLATINUM CH (all time $ leader)
2016 RESERVE FALL SUPER STAKE CH (only redbone to ever make the final 4)

Grnitech PKC CH Night Stalkin roxie
2018 top 16 PKC redbone breed
2018 Top 16 PA state race
2019 National Redbone days Champion

Walker:
UKC Dual Grand, PKC Silver Ch, CHKC Champion
Frost Bite Zoey

UKC Dual Grand, PKC Silver Ch, CHKC Champion
Dirty Little Tramp
Russ Myer hunt winner $20,000
Final 4 PKC super stakes

Past:
GOLD CH GRCH GRNITECH Classy Cali
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' Outlaw Jack
CH GRNITECH 'PR' Apache Man
CH GRNITECH 'PR' Famous Outlaw Ann
CH GRNITECH 'PR' Tree Burning Moses

Old Post 08-09-2022 03:23 AM
Tony Dominguez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Dominguez Click here to Send Tony Dominguez a Private Message Click Here to Email Tony Dominguez Find more posts by Tony Dominguez Add Tony Dominguez to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Don surely loved Redbone hounds. He was one of the good ones. He was always willing to help out anyway that he could. He will be missed.

Old Post 08-09-2022 02:42 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreddog56
UKC Forum Member

MEMORIAL IS MONDAY AT 1:00 AT HARMONY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH 2230 N. UNION ST. PONCA CITY,OK.IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO ATEND I WILL FOR SURE BE THERE.

Grnite.ch.Grch.Hicks Rusty .GRNITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY COOTER .GRNITECH(2)GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY DAZY. .NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY JUNEBUG GR.NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS RUSTY RED CUDA . GRNITECH.PKC CH. CHKC CH. TANK. CH.GRNITECH.MYATT CREEK LUCY.CH.GRFDCH.GRNITECH.WADES TREE TIGHT TINA.CH.NITECH.RUSTY RED RUTH

Old Post 08-10-2022 12:05 AM
okreddog56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreddog56 Click here to Send okreddog56 a Private Message Click Here to Email okreddog56 Find more posts by okreddog56 Add okreddog56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloxhdc
UKC Forum Member

Was Mr Don friends with Gene Degraffenried blue dog man?? If so I met him one night when Gene came to try a young dog we had for sale

Old Post 08-10-2022 03:20 AM
bloxhdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloxhdc Click here to Send bloxhdc a Private Message Click Here to Email bloxhdc Find more posts by bloxhdc Add bloxhdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreddog56
UKC Forum Member

YES HE AND GENE HUNTED TOGETHER

Old Post 08-10-2022 05:59 AM
bloxhdc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by okreddog56
YES HE AND GENE HUNTED TOGETHER
He sure seemed like good guy.

Old Post 08-10-2022 02:52 PM
bloxhdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloxhdc Click here to Send bloxhdc a Private Message Click Here to Email bloxhdc Find more posts by bloxhdc Add bloxhdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote