UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Plotts: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Poacher Plott Hounds
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Sheperd, Lobo is producing steady chop mouth tree dogs. Good clean tree dogs. Most stand on tree like a statue, no jumping, chewing or face barking. The one I have is content to just sit back on his butt a couple feet off the tree if another dog is on the tree. He will stand on the tree if by himself. I like that a lot too.

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2021 04:27 PM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junior Watson
UKC Forum Member

Lobo X Lucille

Getting a lot of good reports from this cross we made this past spring with Lobo on our Lucille female. They are early starting with a head full of sense!!

865-908-0482 home
865-654-6600 cell

Home of:
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Zip (Speed x Sue) Co Owned with Clinton Hocker
Smoky Mtn Blue Buddy II (Speed X Jolene)
Smoky Mtn Blue Spot (Speed X Sassy)
Smoky Mtn Blue Bailey (Ruger X Cotton)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Speed (Hornet x Gypsy)
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Lady (Speed x Sue)
GrandNiteCH Watson's Smokin Hot Blue Blaze (Blaze X CryBaby)
Dual GrCh Clear River Kat (RamboII X Curlee)
NiteCh GrCh Andrews' Tarheel Blue Smokie (RamboII X Savanah)
NiteCh GrCh Kings Blue Mandy (RamboII X Roxie)
NiteCh Blue Ridge Singing Sue (Grit X Hunny)
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Buddy (Logan X Hope)
NiteCh Smoky Mtn Blue Brandy(Ben X Molly)
Ch Smoky Mtn Blue Rose (Hawk X Missy)
Smoky Mtn Blue Tiny (Speed X Anna)
NiteCh Carroll's So Blue Rock (Tree Bangin Hoss x Missy)
Smoky Mtn Blue Lily (Speed X Sue)
Smoky Mtn Blue Rock (Rock X Sue)

Old Post 02-25-2021 05:02 PM
Junior Watson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junior Watson Click here to Send Junior Watson a Private Message Click Here to Email Junior Watson Find more posts by Junior Watson Add Junior Watson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good junior. I could tell that Lucille female is a smart dog herself when you and your dad brought her to breed. Good looking female also. We might have to try that cross again sometime.

Old Post 02-26-2021 11:41 PM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerad Berresfor
UKC Forum Member

Breeding?

How is your Lucille bred?

Old Post 02-26-2021 11:55 PM
Gerad Berresfor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerad Berresfor Click here to Send Gerad Berresfor a Private Message Click Here to Email Gerad Berresfor Find more posts by Gerad Berresfor Add Gerad Berresfor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junior Watson
UKC Forum Member

Kevin,
We will have to if she will come in again where it don't interfere with hunting season. Dad won't breed her if she is in while he is hunting again!!!

Gerad,
Lucille is out of Hammer x Watkins Death Valley Sadie

865-908-0482 home
865-654-6600 cell

Home of:

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Last edited by Junior Watson on 02-27-2021 at 03:25 PM

Old Post 02-27-2021 02:58 PM
Junior Watson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junior Watson Click here to Send Junior Watson a Private Message Click Here to Email Junior Watson Find more posts by Junior Watson Add Junior Watson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vernon Dalton
UKC Forum Member

LOBO

Kevin,
I would like to brag on these Poacher dogs. I have 3 young females right now that I'm really liking so far. I have a female out of LOBO that I think is going to finish out well. Been hunting 45 plus years and never had Plott dogs till now. I like these dogs!! She seems to have the nose, hunt, mouth and most of all she has enough sense to use it. I met your brother Chad this week and his honesty has earned my respect and that is something I really appreciate!

Old Post 03-06-2021 02:18 AM
Vernon Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Dalton Click here to Send Vernon Dalton a Private Message Click Here to Email Vernon Dalton Find more posts by Vernon Dalton Add Vernon Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks Junior Watson and Vernon Dalton for the nice comments and for giving my dogs a chance.

Old Post 03-07-2021 04:36 AM
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Took our 6 month old female out of Lobo and Skinned Poplar TT twice this past week. First drop she walked in with us. After that, she’s no interested in hanging out anymore. This little gyp is dynamite. Great big mouth and colored up like her daddy. She’s smart as a tack and lives to please her owners.
We recently started taking a veteran out hunting with us. He suffers from PTSD and has trouble sleeping at night. Safe to say he’s found a good cure for that. He has complimented this pup every time we’ve went together. He’s always been heavy favored on those old walker dogs, but Echo has him interested in a Plott.
Guys if you’re ever in need of a good prospect, Mr. Kevin Moses is a top notch breeder of these Plott dogs. But even more than that, Kevin is a good, salt of the earth type man. He’s shot me straight every time I’ve had the privilege of talking with him. I’m glad I gave him and his line of these dogs I love a shot, even more glad to call him my friend.
Thanks again, Kevin. Ol Hoss and Echo are making us real proud, and Cricket is still treeing us coons in her ripe old age.

James

Last edited by Black Plott on 03-27-2021 at 03:16 AM

Old Post 03-27-2021 03:13 AM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Appreciate the nice comments James. Thanks for hunting those pups and giving them a chance.

Old Post 03-29-2021 04:57 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

This cross should be born trained

----Moses Prettyboy Poacher

(SIRE)-Moses Soaky Creek Ripley

----Moses Rugged Ridge Abby

PUPS

Roarks Plum Creek Weapon

(DAM)-Moses Soaky Creek Penny

----Josh Go boy Fred

Halls Red Oak Polly( Littermate to Choates Hammer)

----Josh Go Yonder Julie

**Uncle to niece cross on Ripley/Penny. Penny is an every breath tree dog with a real mouth. When she trees she is in a trance. No pressure bothers her whatsoever. She is not bad on track either as she can take coon to the right tree or just fall treed by winding ability. Penny's mother Polly is littermate to Ed Choates Hammer dog. Ripley has a real cold nose and can tree any kind of coon track or fall treed on layup. When he trees he stays and its not hard to find his coons. Weapon dog operates just like Ripley.** These pups should be the type all you have to do is raise them and haul them to the woods when they are old enough. They should do the rest.

Call or text Chad Moses @ 423-506-3232 for info on this cross.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 05-26-2021 at 03:36 PM

Old Post 05-26-2021 03:13 PM
Gerad Berresfor
UKC Forum Member

Nice Cross

Nt Ch’ Pr’Rugged Ridge Abby mother to Ripley and impact and gr nt ch lobo and Nt ch Kate and Roark’s Gypsey and many other good hounds passed away this weekend. I believe she will show up in pedigrees for years to come.

Old Post 05-26-2021 03:52 PM
Gerad Berresfor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerad Berresfor Click here to Send Gerad Berresfor a Private Message Click Here to Email Gerad Berresfor Find more posts by Gerad Berresfor Add Gerad Berresfor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

You are right Gerad. She sure produced good dogs. Sorry to here she passed away.

Old Post 05-26-2021 04:57 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Couple good crosses made

My brother Allen Moses bred his Rugged Hills Magic female back to my Lobo dog. Pups from the first cross are a year old and doing very good on coon and big game. Allen can provide references on them. Magic is out of (Nt Ch Double 00 Buckshot X Rugged Hills Chloe). Chloe is out of (Nt Ch Moses Rugged Ridge Poacher X Moses Rugged Ridge Pearl). Magic is a 5 year old good track dog and lock down every breath tree dog. Call or text Allen @ 423-507-3631 for interest on this cross.

My brother Chad bred his Soaky Creek Izzy female to Nt Ch Rugged Hills Chief. This is half mate cross as Izzy and Chief are both out of Nt CH Double00 Buckshot. Izzy is a top producer of tree dogs. Chief has 3 wins toward Gr Nt and is same cross as Gr Nt PKC Ch Shatley Ludy. These pups will HAVE to tree. Call or text Chad @ 423-506-3232 for interest in this litter.

Old Post 06-18-2021 07:03 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

2 Nice females bred to Lobo

Ryan McMillan bred his Sky female to Lobo this past Saturday. Ryan owns her mama and daddy also. They all go hunting by themselves and consistently tree coon and stay treed. I know Ryan said they love a bear also if they get on one. Call or text Ryan @ 678-234-5062 for info on this cross.

James Holland bred Gilstraps Cricket back to Lobo this past Sunday for the second time. First cross pups are right over a year old and can trail cold tracks up and tree them. They have good noses, big mouths and good locate barks. I think James has several interested in this cross but you can call or text him @ 423-827-2249 for info.

**Lobo does his part on producing natural starting pups with very good mouths, good locates and cold nose track dogs that can tree the tough tracks like Plotts are suppose to.**

Old Post 07-22-2021 08:56 PM
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Great hunt with our Lobo pup

Took our young male out of Lobo this morning. I’ll cut to the good part. Turned him down a big creek. He runs 300+, finally opens around the 240 mark. Start making my way to him and he starts treeing then comes off and starts barking again. I’m within 100 yards, so once he starts treeing right again I go to him. Ol Hoss had one kitten in an oak and two more corralled in the creek in some brush that had washed up under a fallen tree. He was treeing the treed coon then coming off to keep those other two penned up. Whilst treeing, two swim off. I’m watching them and hear a big “crack”. The only one smart enough to climb away got a little anxious and lost his footing. He tumbled to the ground, directly behind Hoss. You know how that story ends. It’s not season, but I can’t help one committing suicide!
I headed home incredibly proud of the young dog. He’s got the get-up and go to him. He even give me one of his hair raising locates, and I can’t get enough of that. He’s sure looking like a Hoss. Big thank you to Kevin for making the Lobo/Dark cross that produced this outstanding young Plott prospect.

James Holland

Old Post 07-25-2021 02:12 PM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Kim
Banned

Spam removed.

Last edited by Moderator III on 07-28-2021 at 03:14 PM

Old Post 07-28-2021 01:50 PM
Jack Kim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Kim Click here to Send Jack Kim a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Kim Find more posts by Jack Kim Add Jack Kim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Allen Moses' Rugged Hills Magic female had 10 pups a couple days ago out of Lobo. I think he has several deposits on them but might have a couple left. Call or text him at 423-507-÷3631 for info.

Old Post 08-17-2021 03:24 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Lobo/Shout

Allen Moses bred Shout female back to Lobo. He has plenty of references from the last cross between these two. Call or text Allen @ 423-507-3631 for interest.

Old Post 09-04-2021 11:01 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

----Gr Nt Ch Pretty Boy Poacher
--Moses' Soaky Creek Candy (Dam)
----Moses' Soaky Creek Izzy (Nt Ch Double OO'T Buckshot X Moses' Soaky Creek Lilly)

Pups

----Nt Ch Double OO'T Buckshot
--Nt Ch Rugged Hills Chief (Sire)
----Emerson Mt. Sassy

* Uncle to Niece cross on Double OO'T Buckshot. These will be stay put tree dogs that won't pull. Contact Chad Moses @ 423-506-3232. (4 booked already.) Will take deposits on a few more.*

Old Post 10-04-2021 06:47 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lobo/Shout

quote:
Originally posted by KEVIN MOSES
Allen Moses bred Shout female back to Lobo. He has plenty of references from the last cross between these two. Call or text Allen @ 423-507-3631 for interest.

Shout had 11 big pups. I think Allen has about 6 booked so some will be available. Good cross. Plenty of references on dogs out of this cross. Allen Moses 423-507-3631......Pups all sold

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 12-06-2021 at 11:28 AM

Old Post 11-04-2021 03:05 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by KEVIN MOSES
----Gr Nt Ch Pretty Boy Poacher
--Moses' Soaky Creek Candy (Dam)
----Moses' Soaky Creek Izzy (Nt Ch Double OO'T Buckshot X Moses' Soaky Creek Lilly)

Pups

----Nt Ch Double OO'T Buckshot
--Nt Ch Rugged Hills Chief (Sire)
----Emerson Mt. Sassy

* Uncle to Niece cross on Double OO'T Buckshot. These will be stay put tree dogs that won't pull. Contact Chad Moses @ 423-506-3232. (4 booked already.) Will take deposits on a few more.*

Candy had 6 big pups. There might be a female available. These are exact same blood as Lobo/ludy cross except candy's mama is different than Lobo mama. Call or text Chad Moses @ 423-506-3232.......Pups all sold

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 12-06-2021 at 11:29 AM

Old Post 11-18-2021 01:06 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Good cross made

---Moses Prettyboy Poacher

(SIRE)-Lobo

PUPS

Roarks Plum Creek Weapon

(DAM)-Moses Soaky Creek Penny

----Josh Go boy Fred

Halls Red Oak Polly( Littermate to Choate's Hammer)

----Josh Go Yonder Julie

Lobo is reproducing natural track and tree dogs with plenty of nose and big mouths. I have all the references you want on his pups out of different females. Penny is a very good track dog and a one locate, stay put, every breath tree dog with above average mouth. Penny's sire was Weapon, Lobo's full littermate. Weapon would beat about anything you dropped him with but had a weak mouth or would have made Gr Nt Champion quickly. He could flat tree any kind of ccoon fast and was a one locate stay put tree dog. I hunted him in one PKC hunt and he treed a cold layup coon on 3 top winning dogs and had it by himself and won $83. He was very hard to hear after about 400 yards though and that was his fault. I can give you Kenny Roark, Shawn McClain, Brent Howard and Mike Shirk's number to ask about Weapon's ability as Kenny trained him and the rest of these guys hunted with him. Penny's mother is full littermate to Gr Nt Choate's Hammer and that speaks for itself, as these dogs were bred by the Austin boys in Virginia. Call or text Chad Moses @ 423-506-3232 to get on list for a pup. I am keeping one out of this cross and so is Chad.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 12-06-2021 at 11:24 AM

Old Post 12-06-2021 11:02 AM
Junior Watson
UKC Forum Member

Lobo x Lucille pup

865-908-0482 home
865-654-6600 cell

Home of:

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Last edited by Junior Watson on 02-24-2022 at 03:07 PM

Old Post 02-24-2022 02:59 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Looking good Junior. Looks like those are going to do pretty good. I bred that female I bought off you to Lobo and everybody that got one of those likes them. I believe it is going to be a above average cross also. Thanks for the picture you posted.

Old Post 02-25-2022 02:34 AM
Junior Watson
UKC Forum Member

LOBO

Kevin,
Lobo is reproducing well. I am very pleased with the pups him and Lucille produced!!! Glad to hear the other litter is working out well!!! Keep me posted on those. There might be one come up available in the near future!

865-908-0482 home
865-654-6600 cell

Home of:

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Old Post 02-26-2022 12:27 AM