UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Autumn Oaks Vendors
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

come on guys. you know...leave ole Richard alone. He is only giving out the kind of stuff he gathers from the media. The democrats want us to lie and cheat, even if we have to vote 20 times and use our dead great-great-grand parents names on ballots to do so. It will become the new norm if we don't all VOTE TRUMP in 2020!!

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2020 06:20 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr. Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
....., some folks want to hang you, not me!

Oh my goodness, have I committed coon dog treason?

Old Post 08-24-2020 08:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Lol. Maybe it's just a Redbone thing! Then again it may be that you are so close to the forest that you can not see the trees. Then again you may just have a bad dose of Taritis. Lol. Btw, there is no cure for Taritis. JS. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 08-25-2020 at 12:11 AM

Old Post 08-24-2020 09:15 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Mr. Lambert

quote:
Lol. Maybe it's just a Redbone thing! Then again it may be that you are so close to the forest that you can not see the trees. Then again you may just have a bad dose of Taritis. Lol. Btw, there is no cure for Taritis. JS. Dave

Tar goes on vacations to the coast. Tar gets all you can eat jumbo gulf shrimp. Tar just puts up with y’all when there’s nothing important to do.

Just sayen.

Tar

Old Post 08-25-2020 12:36 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

All of those jumbo shrimp will just make you fat. Besides, you don't have to be hurting our feelings by implying we aren't important. Redbone lives matter too. Lol. P.s. Not everyone has a condition named after them, you are famous! We ALL love you Tar, you may just be the Rodney Dangerfield of coon hunting. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 08-25-2020 at 01:40 AM

Old Post 08-25-2020 01:34 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
All of those jumbo shrimp will just make you fat. Besides, you don't have to be hurting our feelings by implying we aren't important. Redbone lives matter too. Lol. P.s. Not everyone has a condition named after them, you are famous! We ALL love you Tar, you may just be the Rodney Dangerfield of coon hunting. Dave

Jumbo fried shrimp is more important than coonhunting you got to get your priorities strait when you get retirement age Dave.

Tar

Old Post 08-25-2020 01:50 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

All I know is that for the last 8 months, I have not hunted but a few times and that was riding in the truck, got to see a couple of coons treed close to the road. I have put on a few extra pounds as I too enjoy seafood and steak with the fixings. I know my behind is going to pay the price when I start hiking to them trees this Fall. By the way, there is nothing wrong with having other priorities than coon hunting, it's just a hobby, enjoy your retirement, I have! Dave

Old Post 08-25-2020 02:27 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar we are in agreement on this. Fried shrimp dinner with plans to coon hunt afterwards. Then the plans interrupted by the easy chair when you get home. About an hour of resting in the easy chair you're ready to get up and. Get some ice cream and head back to the easy chair. Good things in life always start with some good fried shrimp.

Any plans to hunt down here right now are getting washed away with the rain. It's that time of year you have to trade the chaps in for a wet suit. So I just eat more fired shrimp.

Old Post 08-25-2020 12:46 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Tar we are in agreement on this. Fried shrimp dinner with plans to coon hunt afterwards. Then the plans interrupted by the easy chair when you get home. About an hour of resting in the easy chair you're ready to get up and. Get some ice cream and head back to the easy chair. Good things in life always start with some good fried shrimp.

Any plans to hunt down here right now are getting washed away with the rain. It's that time of year you have to trade the chaps in for a wet suit. So I just eat more fired shrimp.

Bruce we need some rain bad !! Mid October I am going to the coast and bringing shrimp back me and mrs tar are going to do some bay fishing while there. It cools off I got a 10 month old pup that’s going to be a priority. I hope the ones that do attend oaks have a blast kinda like the hunts I put on I might not have but 4 hunters show up but them 4 are going to eat good and be put in good woods.

Tar

Old Post 08-25-2020 12:57 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Bruce you are just the guy that can answer my question. What pct. of your sales at AO are by guys that are not hunting there. I personally spent from 3 to 5 hundred on must have. LOL

Old Post 08-25-2020 08:00 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I got to give you credit for providing good food and good hunting for those attending your hunts. You and Tim Green know how to feed a man, hospitality at it's best at your hunts. Best of luck with your 10 month old pup, I hope it makes a COONDOG. Dave

Old Post 08-25-2020 08:56 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Roy what I have found at most of the hunts is this. The hunters themselves generally purchase less than the spectators. There are a couple reasons for this.
1. Most of the time there are a lot more spectators than hunters. I am talking hunts like the Grand American, Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic, etc. People come to these events for a lot more reasons that just to hunt.
2. Hunters have most of their equipment already. Especially the big ticket items. Many always need another lead, coon squaller, boots. But the hunters generally come with most of their shopping done.

I am very glad UKC has been able to have the AO Hunt this year. With or without a bunch of vendors it is important this hunt is held. Yes the normal feel and activities will change but everyone has been through a bunch of changes this year.

I truly wish the vendors that are there have a good event. I know Sandy with K-light is traveling a long ways. She and the other vendors need our Prayers for their safety and the hunt to be be successful for them.

Old Post 08-26-2020 12:28 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Roy what I have found at most of the hunts is this. The hunters themselves generally purchase less than the spectators. There are a couple reasons for this.
1. Most of the time there are a lot more spectators than hunters. I am talking hunts like the Grand American, Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic, etc. People come to these events for a lot more reasons that just to hunt.
2. Hunters have most of their equipment already. Especially the big ticket items. Many always need another lead, coon squaller, boots. But the hunters generally come with most of their shopping done.

I am very glad UKC has been able to have the AO Hunt this year. With or without a bunch of vendors it is important this hunt is held. Yes the normal feel and activities will change but everyone has been through a bunch of changes this year.

I truly wish the vendors that are there have a good event. I know Sandy with K-light is traveling a long ways. She and the other vendors need our Prayers for their safety and the hunt to be be successful for them.

Sure appreciate your understanding Bruce. I'd say your spot on with your thoughts on supply buyers, which is why eliminating vendors plays a huge part in getting the spectator crowd down.

Sure would be nice to see you all break records in 2021 at Oaks.

Old Post 08-26-2020 02:00 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Folks

None of us have ever seen any thing like we are experiencing with this Covid outbreak. Normalcy as we have know may be real slow to return. I am extremely grateful to everyone that has worked so hard to get Autumn Oaks approved in light of our current health concerns. My best wishes for a safe and successful hunt for all those attending this year's Autumn Oaks. Another thread has suggested we all support the vendors that can not attend this hunt, I agree with this thread. Please support John and Bruce as both of them really help our sport. We all can use something dog or hunting related. Dave

Old Post 08-26-2020 07:01 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Sure appreciate your understanding Bruce. I'd say your spot on with your thoughts on supply buyers, which is why eliminating vendors plays a huge part in getting the spectator crowd down.

Sure would be nice to see you all break records in 2021 at Oaks.
[/QUOTe...Sounds about as politically correct as can be..I thought I was shunned cause I still Talk to James ...Hope yall have a great hunt and weather for the weekend!!

Old Post 08-28-2020 08:09 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote