UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Oh my goodness part 4 !!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Oh my goodness part 4 !!

They said the new garmin coming out you are going to have to pay a monthly membership !!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2020 09:40 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Also has face recognition - it will not turn on unless you have on your facemask .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 08-18-2020 09:49 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Well, considering how I look; that probably is preferred.

Old Post 08-18-2020 09:57 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

No really instead of charging you for a map card or Birdseye they are going to charge you a monthly fee !!

Tar

Old Post 08-18-2020 10:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Tar, the monthly fee is if you want to use and enable the in reach feature. Great insurance policy for someone hunting alone or in rough terrain.

I’ve got some friends that use it out west when in the mountains for extended periods. Pretty handy product.

Be good for an old, fat guy hunting alone like me.

I think it will get limited results from the coon hunting Crowd, but I think the big game hunters will be a player.

Old Post 08-18-2020 10:27 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Will your wife be able to tell where you are?

Old Post 08-19-2020 12:02 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I don't know about the new ALPHA. But I do know about INREACH. It is amazing for specific locations and safety. It is a satellite communication device. If your in remote locations or if you are offshore fishing. You have communication with your love one or can summon help through preset messages or text or with a SOS signal.
There is a monthly fee. But it starts with a basic fee then goes up with more features you purchase. Also you can start and stop your subscription based upon when hunting season might be. If your not using it you don't pay. Activate it for a month then you pay.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 08-19-2020 at 12:22 AM

Old Post 08-19-2020 12:19 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

I used to hunt a lot by myself, that feature sure would have been nice to have. Now that I have a torn ACL in my right knee ( no surgery ) my hunting alone days are over. I really enjoyed going by myself at times, just me and my dog, it's a different kind of hunting, hard to explain, but very enjoyable. You go when you want, hunt as long as you want and can really focus on your dog and your surroundings, no distractions and NO interruptions. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-19-2020 12:28 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Dave,

I hunt alone 75 percent of the time. I enjoy hunting with other folks, but not as much as cutting my dog alone and enjoying my time in the woods. Been this way my entire life. Believe high fur prices drove me to hunt that way early on and it stuck.

I like to hunt one dog at a time as well.

However as I’ve gotten older and fatter I think a lot more about what ifs and such. I’ve had a couple closer than I like calls in recent years that really drove it home. I’m probably a customer if the new Alpha has the in reach features avail.

Now if they can just figure out why the ground is so much harder to pick my feet up off of than it used to be and I will be so happy. Lol.

Old Post 08-19-2020 02:59 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

I will be 72 in October, I really enjoyed my alone time with just my dog, but age, health and realizing that I am not invincible is going to put a serious limit on my hunting by myself time. Now if I had all flat woods no mountains to climb hunting territory I could still hunt by myself, just not going to happen in these steep mountains. I can't risk getting down by myself way back across a mountain or deep in a holler with no one to help me out or to go get help. Enjoy the times while you still can hunt by yourself, things can change in a heartbeat. Just like you, I really enjoy hunting one dog by themselves, it gives s much clearer picture of what you are feeding and leading. Dave

Old Post 08-19-2020 05:51 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Accurate news seems to be as scarce as accurate coon dogs . Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-19-2020 05:55 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Bruce Conkey

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Accurate news seems to be as scarce as accurate coon dogs . Lol. Dave

Dooo , dooo , dooo , dooo , NEWS FLASH !!

My source says the new alpha is also included ( Ricky leaks ) !!

Staff field reporter where you heard it first only here !

Tar

Old Post 08-19-2020 11:51 AM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Dave, understand your position completely.. I'm "only" 58, so have some good, productive years left I hope and believe.. But I'm not real tough any more and packing more weight than I should.. I hope I can still hunt and 72 and have the same desire to do so..

Tar - this may all turn out to be another hoax on the Alpha like the one that floated around a few months ago.. I've watched the European videos on the thing that mention the inreach feature.. They look legit, but who knows.. This stuff is like owning a boat.. Bust out another thousand for a new toy!!!

Old Post 08-19-2020 03:28 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
Dave, understand your position completely.. I'm "only" 58, so have some good, productive years left I hope and believe.. But I'm not real tough any more and packing more weight than I should.. I hope I can still hunt and 72 and have the same desire to do so..

Tar - this may all turn out to be another hoax on the Alpha like the one that floated around a few months ago.. I've watched the European videos on the thing that mention the inreach feature.. They look legit, but who knows.. This stuff is like owning a boat.. Bust out another thousand for a new toy!!!

As long as they leave our old ones alone I am good. If I can find the truck or dog with it and tell what side of the creek their on that’s all I need.

Tar

Old Post 08-19-2020 04:56 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Dave,

I hunt alone 75 percent of the time. I enjoy hunting with other folks, but not as much as cutting my dog alone and enjoying my time in the woods. Been this way my entire life. Believe high fur prices drove me to hunt that way early on and it stuck.

I like to hunt one dog at a time as well.

However as I’ve gotten older and fatter I think a lot more about what ifs and such. I’ve had a couple closer than I like calls in recent years that really drove it home. I’m probably a customer if the new Alpha has the in reach features avail.

Now if they can just figure out why the ground is so much harder to pick my feet up off of than it used to be and I will be so happy. Lol.

Am 71 and sure understand about those feet not coming off the ground as high as I think they are. Have hunted the last 6 years 90 % of the time by myself. A young man said he wanted to hunt so he started hunting with me and got a dog. Wants to hunt every night. I'm enjoying every hunt with him. Blessed to have him. (I do walk faster than him but I can slow down, lol.)

Old Post 08-19-2020 05:17 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I don't know about the new ALPHA. But I do know about INREACH. It is amazing for specific locations and safety. It is a satellite communication device. If your in remote locations or if you are offshore fishing. You have communication with your love one or can summon help through preset messages or text or with a SOS signal.
There is a monthly fee. But it starts with a basic fee then goes up with more features you purchase. Also you can start and stop your subscription based upon when hunting season might be. If your not using it you don't pay. Activate it for a month then you pay.

My son in law and myself spend a lot of time in remote Alaska , nobody leaves civilization up that way without one. Last spring on Kodiak we sent SOS beacon off for a person we found in need of rescue, 1 hour later the coast guard was landing beside us in helicopter! This feature will save someone .

Old Post 08-19-2020 06:26 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Great observation Sonny Phipps. Believe you are right.

Tom, I think the laws of gravity increase every year we age and every stop at the feed bag. Sigh.

Old Post 08-19-2020 08:20 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

Lol. If you had to hunt in these mountains, you would get a real dose of gravity vs feet. I think these mountains get steeper every year or at least my body thinks they do. I would love to have all that flat ground to hunt in, I always enjoyed my hunting trips up North, plenty of coons and easy walking. I may have to take a trip up there this year. Dave

Old Post 08-19-2020 09:22 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I trip over things that don’t exist. And may as well just go ahead and go down no matter how hard I try to stay up it don’t work.

So how much is the monthly fee going to be ?

Tar

Old Post 08-19-2020 09:39 PM
purgatoryblue
UKC Forum Member

At what age do you quit ?

Hang in there fellas , don't even think about quitting . I'm 74yrs. old and look forward every season to hitting the woods again with a new young hound in tow . This new feature from garmin is good for all , not just for old timers . Good luck to all of you this season .

Old Post 08-19-2020 10:09 PM
purgatoryblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purgatoryblue Click here to Send purgatoryblue a Private Message Find more posts by purgatoryblue Add purgatoryblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

It's 29.99 to know where the truck or dog is, 99.99 to know which side of the creek they are on. Pretty cheap if you can't swim! Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-20-2020 12:51 AM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Tar, there are multiple plans you can subscribe to. Just depends on how much access you want. Also you can do annual or month to month. There is a website with pricing on it. I still want to see if this is the real deal or another hoax.

Dave, I’m not sure where you are from, but if it’s east TN or KY type terrain I’d probably quit. I’ve spent some time in those areas and Lund nothing for me except the scenery. Lol. Tough country. Come on up here to the flat lands and we will show you a few coons. And easy walking!

Old Post 08-20-2020 12:58 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tar, there are multiple plans you can subscribe to. Just depends on how much access you want. Also you can do annual or month to month. There is a website with pricing on it. I still want to see if this is the real deal or another hoax.

Dave, I’m not sure where you are from, but if it’s east TN or KY type terrain I’d probably quit. I’ve spent some time in those areas and Lund nothing for me except the scenery. Lol. Tough country. Come on up here to the flat lands and we will show you a few coons. And easy walking!

Larry I was born in Saint Elizabeth hospital layfayette ind And left battle ground ind and moved to Texas when I was 9 yrs old.

I just want to know if the fee is just for the new units or are they going to try and charge us for the ones we already got.

Tar

Old Post 08-20-2020 01:07 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Hall

I live in upper East Tn right on the Virginia border and I hunt both Tennessee and Virginia all mountains and yes they are steep. Thank you very much for inviting me up to hunt, that may be a possibility this Fall. I sure would enjoy hunting up there with you in that flat country. Dave

Old Post 08-20-2020 01:58 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Do you seriously think GARMIN could charge you a fee for something you already have? The only way they could charge anything is to provide a new service that costs to subscribe to. No subscription no pay. Dave

Old Post 08-20-2020 02:13 AM