UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > $50,000 furtity
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

$50,000 furtity

I have been looking back at some old coonhound magazines from 1979 on up to 1997, just scattered issues of all different publications.
I remember reading about I believe a $50,000 furtity put on by the owner of Southern Blue Pride and I believe a Black and tan promoter of the day.
I have never run across any results of this big event, does any one remember this and what were the results?

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2020 12:01 AM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronman
UKC Forum Member

T. E. Neely owned Southern Blue Pride.

Old Post 08-19-2020 12:17 PM
Ronman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronman Click here to Send Ronman a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronman Find more posts by Ronman Add Ronman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I sure could be wrong on this one but I thought John treadwell owned pride and the futurity ended up being Tennessee hardrock vs hillbilly Mac been to long ago I can’t remember.

Old Post 08-19-2020 12:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Pride was owned by a family in la.,hillbilly Mac and Smith's hardrock were shown to hunters around the country some and hunted I think they paid 20.000 for pride

Old Post 08-19-2020 01:15 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronman
UKC Forum Member

I stand corrected

I had my dogs crossed up.

My cousin had a good dog by Pride back in the 80’s. He would bring the coon to you when you knocked it out. It got intense if the coon wasn’t dead.

I still have one hound that goes back to Pride.

Thanks again for correcting me on that. Man that’s been a long time ago. Brought back some great memories.

Old Post 08-19-2020 02:15 PM
Ronman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronman Click here to Send Ronman a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronman Find more posts by Ronman Add Ronman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

PRIDE was owned by John Treadwell when he was having a futurity with him,no idea where he bought him. I do believe the price was 20,000?Don't know about the Hardrock/Hillbilly Mac thing.JesseJ

Old Post 08-19-2020 03:04 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Ran a full page ad in American Cooner. I seem to remember it was boasted at time a record price for a coon hound. I seem to remember they posted the price right in the ad 15 ,000 or 16,000. Too many dog prices but 20 grand could be right.

Here is some good readin
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=455986

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=91898

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 08-20-2020 at 01:28 AM

Old Post 08-20-2020 01:11 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Mr. Falcon sold pride for 16500.00 to Mr Treadwell in 1980

Old Post 08-20-2020 04:07 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

PRIDE

There you go whatever it was it sure was a lot of $$ at that time. I tried to find price but no luck. Thanks. JesseJ

Old Post 08-20-2020 02:06 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

And to think 1 just sold not long ago for 100k

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 08-21-2020 12:58 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
And to think 1 just sold not long ago for 100k

Which one ?

Old Post 08-21-2020 01:06 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Little Z supposedly just sold for the 100k.

I know of a few more that recently sold for 30k-40k

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 08-21-2020 01:10 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

Z

The Z dog that Dustin Weed hunts?

Old Post 08-21-2020 05:08 AM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

Re: Z

quote:
Originally posted by AAThoundhunter

I hope that billionaire keeps weed away fom his daughter and wife if he has one lol.

Old Post 08-21-2020 01:07 PM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Z

quote:
Originally posted by AAThoundhunter

Yes.......that's the one in speaking of.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 08-21-2020 08:29 PM
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

Z

Weed always has a real one

Old Post 08-22-2020 02:09 AM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Was told the same man that bought z offered 150,000 for another one but it was a no sale.

Old Post 08-22-2020 03:18 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

100K dog

While I could spend that much money on a coon dog, I NEVER would. Coon hunting is my hobby and something I enjoy, I could NEVER enjoy hunting a dog that I paid 100K for, I would be afraid something would happen to that dog. You never know when you cut one loose if you will get the dog back alive or not. Dogs are NOT an investment I DO NOT CARE what anyone says. I can and do invest in things that are safer and offer a much better return on my money. I don't want to loose anything, but loosing a few thousand is nothing like loosing a 100K. Turning down 150K is where 2 fool's met the buyer and the seller, both need a mental evaluation. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-22-2020 03:33 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I once knew a group of men that on the way home it seemed some zeroes seemed to appear on the end of the purchase price. I was there when the dogs were purchased and they were so good at it the almost had me believing it and I seen the money change hands.

Sombody needed a tax write off.

Tar

Old Post 08-22-2020 12:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote