UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Lights that attach to tracking collar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

Lights that attach to tracking collar

Anyone using the lights that slide onto the Garmin collar? I saw them online this week and though about ordering a couple. Just curious how they work and if anyone is using them. Some of my spots are turn outs right off the road, granted they’re country roads and not busy but the road still makes me nervous.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:22 AM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Used them on my beagles when I used to run at night, seemed to keep the coyotes at a distance and helped me find them easier, this was before I had a tracking system. Don't use them on the coon hounds but do use the built in lights on the T5,TT10 & 15 collars.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:31 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

Before I had the tracker and even now with the tracker. I use slide on blue and white or red and white lights set on on flash, makes the dog easier to find and possibly will catch someone's attention to slow down maybe. I don't hardly cut them on since the shocker I run has a light I can control remotely.

I used the sportdog version I believe they are called beacon? They are a pain in the butt to cut off but for 15 dollars a piece it's worth a shot.

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:43 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Bryan
UKC Forum Member

I use them on all my dogs when I hunt. Mainly for my concern on the roads. But we also hunt alot of open land so I know by what color I see which dog it is without using my hand held but has also made cars slow down when they see them flashing lights.

Old Post 01-18-2018 12:49 AM
Matt Bryan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Bryan Click here to Send Matt Bryan a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Bryan Find more posts by Matt Bryan Add Matt Bryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stonewall24
UKC Forum Member

I use them on all of my collars. I've had some people try and get me minused for a dog coming back from a strike. You can still see the light at 50 to a 100 yards away. Mainly PKC hunts just to get you out of the hunt. I enjoy them I feel more comfortable with them on knowing there are more cars on the road no a days.

Old Post 01-18-2018 01:47 AM
Stonewall24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stonewall24 Click here to Send Stonewall24 a Private Message Find more posts by Stonewall24 Add Stonewall24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hopm
UKC Forum Member

Mine wear 4 flashing blue anytime i turnout

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:08 AM
hopm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hopm Click here to Send hopm a Private Message Find more posts by hopm Add hopm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

I use them pleasure hunting all the time.

I have different colors and I can tell which dog is leading and which ones are free loading, besides the safety factor involved.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 01-18-2018 11:40 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Led Flashing

Have slide on collar type on my Dc 30 collars.Still using 320 handheld too.
Blue,White,Green seem to Keep Coyote away.Never had a Coyote interaction yet,other than booger barking 200+ yards away.

Local Hog farmer had 'flashing' airport style lights around perimeter of piglet lot.Said it really cut down them 'disappearing'.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 01-19-2018 at 03:58 PM

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:42 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

If you are using the Garmin Alpha why not just turn the lights on that are on the collars? That's all I use on mine.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:44 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

How long will the collar battery last with light turned on?

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:37 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
How long will the collar battery last with light turned on?

I haven't noticed it hurting mine any. But I couldn't say for sure.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:12 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
If you are using the Garmin Alpha why not just turn the lights on that are on the collars? That's all I use on mine.

Just thought something a little brighter might help if they got out on the road.

Old Post 01-19-2018 04:38 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

me & my buddy have been useing them for quite some time he use the 1s from nitelite my are the sportdog lites we use the strobe mode we have alot of yotes have never had any come in on the dogs but have had them yipin a few 100 yrds out won't hunt without them jmo

Old Post 01-20-2018 01:20 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote