UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Lets Talk Grand Masters.
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Jim I am just asking because I don't know did we have that big of prize package last time that might change a lot of things.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-30-2018 11:54 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Great program if ran right

I don’t know any little Johnny that if they want to go can’t
I go to every major hunt in the country and most of the guys that say little Johnny can’t afford it are there
I see the $45000 trucks packing $500 dog boxes with the drivers wearing $300 lights, $150 waders, $50 coon squealer, putting a $250 tracking collar on a $3500 dog receiving the dogs coordinates on a $450 handheld all while staying at a $90 per night hotel eating at the steakhouse with their buddies before the major event.

Now where are all these poor fellows that can’t go? There are some I guess somewhere but I never knew of a man or woman that packed what they thought was a winner shy away.

But, if you going on a pipe dream, and I do lol, then it’s just wise economics to stay at home and say the little man can’t compete. But, get a real live winner and it’s amazing how quickly little man starts finding money to take Ol Final Four Joe to the hunts.

Just my observations and opinion.

Old Post 07-01-2018 03:46 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Billy Carter

You got it right Mr. Billy, if one has a winner [or thinks they do], they will find the money to go to those hunts. When I was younger and hunting competition, I went when and where I wanted to hunt, because I was hunting one that could win. These super slam hunts are priced for the average working man, and should be full every hunt. All those who want UKC to be more like the $KCS should bust the backsides to hunt in these super slams and Grand Master Hunt. Dave

Old Post 07-01-2018 05:04 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

First of all I think there is no guarantee of an entry to the GA unless your a cast winner and so far in this program there has never been close to 64 cast winners. I agree with Bruce that if that happens UKC will have a problem on their hands that they may or may not be prepared for. As far as the big boys coming in and running off the little man I don't see the connection. This is the 4th year of this program and the average hunter has not filled the 64 dog limit yet. So I think UKC was on the right track to try and raise the purse so that this hunt would appeal to more hunters. I am by no means a big money guy but I do enjoy hunting for money and I like the elimination style format.

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 07-01-2018 05:29 AM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Although nobody ever admitted I was right before I was !!! And I will be right again on this one !!

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 09:44 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

This is my favorite UKC format. I just need a dog that can compete. The more bigchitts and littlechitts the better

Old Post 07-01-2018 12:36 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I think some days you drink too much Red Bull or Monster Energy Drinks with those Honey Buns. Leave those drinks to the 20 year olds. They drink them like water. Which leads me to another question. Just how much energy does a 20 year old need?

Old Post 07-01-2018 12:48 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Tar drink your energy drinks and eat your honey buns. People will learn to sit up and pay attention to TARS PROPHESY. lmao

Old Post 07-01-2018 01:00 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

All I am going to say is I am going to be right but this time I am going to gloat and make everybody admit it !!!

Right after the lightning strike !!!

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 07-01-2018 at 01:12 PM

Old Post 07-01-2018 01:09 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar you ramble back and forth so much can you remind what your going to be right about.

Old Post 07-01-2018 03:16 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then just baffle them with bullchit.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-01-2018 05:34 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You started it Bruce you tell them by time it happens maybe if I am wrong they will have forgot about me going to be right and I will blame it on you and Jim lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 05:38 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
You started it Bruce you tell them by time it happens maybe if I am wrong they will have forgot about me going to be right and I will blame it on you and Jim lol.

Tar

Part of me finds this comment to be brilliant, but a part of me, maybe a even larger part finds this to bullchit. The way it stands now,.if you claim to of been right at some point it would hard to disprove

Old Post 07-01-2018 06:02 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ok right now as it stands probly the cast winners at the slams have the option to have first dibs at the top 64 spots then if not all are filled the people that hunted in a slam that did not win a cast will fill out the rest buuuut I think I seen two $100 entry slams in Oklahoma advertised this month so Sombody seen that $20,000 grand masters and paid attention so what you going to do if you got more qualified than you got spots don't think a money man won't enter 5 of his own dogs to have a shot at it they already do in the other kc's tar ain't no dummy although y'all might think I am.

Now I am right later maybe not lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 06:30 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I think that is a problem they WANT to have. In fact, I think they are begging to have that situation where they got more than 64 entries. And when and if they ever do get more than 64, I'm very sure they will be prepared to deal with it. You act like they are amateurs.

Old Post 07-01-2018 07:55 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Tar, I think that is a problem they WANT to have. In fact, I think they are begging to have that situation where they got more than 64 entries. And when and if they ever do get more than 64, I'm very sure they will be prepared to deal with it. You act like they are amateurs.

No Bruce said I just backed him up lol. But we gonna blame it on you if it goes south lol.

Your out voted.

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 08:19 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

If it ever got to where the number of entries from cast winners exceeded 64, they could invite them in the order of total money won in SS events. Now how difficult was that?

Old Post 07-01-2018 08:28 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
If it ever got to where the number of entries from cast winners exceeded 64, they could invite them in the order of total money won in SS events. Now how difficult was that?

Thats exactly what will happen. I haven't kept up do you pre enter the Grand masters year end hunt?

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-01-2018 08:33 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

Ok but I was just throwing this around in my head and it would only make it bigger take the cast winners of the slams to fill the 64 if it exceeds the 64 have a separate hunt the same nights for non cast winners that were just entrants and take the winners from that and lump them together in the semi finals with the extra revenue it created the purse is bigger and everybody gets to hunt I see this getting bigger quicker than you think Jim I am not bashing by no means.

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 08:39 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You seem to be assuming they want the GM to be bigger and I'm betting they don't. My guess is they want it to be a 64 dog event so they can run it off in two nights like a Pro Hunt. I'm sure they'd love to fill it at 64 but I doubt they want any more than a two night event can support.
I'm guessing the ultimate goal is to get it to where it is an exclusive event which would greatly increase the number od SS events and SS entrues as we all try to get a dog in the event. Something along the lines of the other KC's Truck Tickets. You think PKC wants those Truck Hunts to host more than 64 entries? Heck no. They do it to raise entries at those club level hunts that earn the money to qualify.
How many clubs do you think would be putting on Tuesday night hunts and how many would show up if there were no Truck Tickets?
I'm sure UKC's long range goal is to increase SS events and SS entries in the effort to earn a ticket to the 64 dog GM. Get it?

Old Post 07-01-2018 09:11 PM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You seem to be assuming they want the GM to be bigger and I'm betting they don't. My guess is they want it to be a 64 dog event so they can run it off in two nights like a Pro Hunt. I'm sure they'd love to fill it at 64 but I doubt they want any more than a two night event can support.
I'm guessing the ultimate goal is to get it to where it is an exclusive event which would greatly increase the number od SS events and SS entrues as we all try to get a dog in the event. Something along the lines of the other KC's Truck Tickets. You think PKC wants those Truck Hunts to host more than 64 entries? Heck no. They do it to raise entries at those club level hunts that earn the money to qualify.
How many clubs do you think would be putting on Tuesday night hunts and how many would show up if there were no Truck Tickets?
I'm sure UKC's long range goal is to increase SS events and SS entries in the effort to earn a ticket to the 64 dog GM. Get it?

Spot on.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 07-01-2018 09:36 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Grandmasters Attraction

I've hunted in the GM the past three years and I'm attracted to it because it takes some of the luck of the draw out of having a chance to win. You only have to beat three dogs to advance. I've experienced high ethical standards from the judges and safe places to hunt from the guides. I'm not a competition hunter, but I enjoy comparing the dog that I've raised and trained against the best dogs in the country. The money is nice, but not the main attraction. If the entry increases beyond 64 I would probably not attend as the quality of the judges and hunting areas decreases. See you on 8/24 and good luck to everyone who participates. Ken Risley

Old Post 07-01-2018 09:44 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Jim and Ken Risley have made excellent posts, this hunt should be limited to 64 of the best dogs. Quality over quantity, hopefully this hunt will become one of the premier hunts in the country. Kudos to UKC for creating this format and to the hunters that have and are participating in these hunts. Best wishes to ALL. Dave

Old Post 07-01-2018 10:13 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I don't agree but I guess I am out voted by the out voted lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 10:21 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

Don't think it could be explained much better than this.
I get it! I wish tar did

Old Post 07-01-2018 11:02 PM