UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Why, Why, Why?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Why, Why, Why?

Never been addicted to anything in my life except coon hunting and maybe this message board. LOL We have had a tremendous amount of rain lately and the woods are not fit to be in, more or less hunt. Well about 11 last night I was stuck in the middle of a washed out road waiting for help to come pull me out. LOL

Due to the heat and skeeters, I decided not to take the side by side. About 11pm I was asking myself how that worked out for me. To make it worse the young dog was running trash when I got stuck. The good news is that I had a lot of time to catch him and correct him, waiting for help to come.

I am over hunting till it starts to get dark tonight. I will give a different dog the chance to show up and NOT show out tonight.

Then when you think it can't get worse. I read where the government has a bunch of Skeeters they have infected on purpose with a virus to turn loose to combat the Zika virus our skeeters now have. In ten years that infection will be killing us because I am sure they haven't figured out a cure for the virus they genetically produced. LOl
To top it all off as I was sitting on my tailgate waiting for help to come pull me out. I was scrolling through Facebook. That had a panther killed on the highway in South FL. A Biologist was saying they are talking about bringing some to N. FL and turning them loose. I was sitting in the middle of a Bear infested section of woods already in the middle of the night that the game commission says are NOT there. Now I need to worry about genetic skeeters and panthers. Wish the Government would quit trying to help so much.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-26-2018 01:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Or you could have two old hunting buddy's that just want to tree one more that last one is always a mile from the truck at 4:00 in the morning lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2018 02:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let's see...fog and kill the infected mosquitos or raise and turn loose more mosquitos to kill them. I wonder who all of those mosquitos are going to bite? Sounds like a typical government solution.
Around here we killed off all of the rattlesnakes. So the government put them on the endangered species list and caught a bunch and released them. Now we have to kill all of these new ones.
If you will get you an older Jeep Grand Cherokee with air conditioning you can ride in comfort and not worry about getting stuck.

Old Post 06-26-2018 02:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I understand the addiction to coon hunting. It is by most reasonable standards too hot to hunt here in Arkansas but everyday my wife ask "are you going tonight". I say no it's just too hot, then it gets dark and I say maybe just a turnout or two. It sure beats sitting on the couch watching TV. By the way, Bruce, I enjoy your post and appreciate your great customer service. Order a BL2 bark collar. It only comes with the hookup to charge it from a computer port. Called and was sent the connection for a wall receptacle, no charge and here in 2 days. Thanks.

Old Post 06-26-2018 03:28 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I love the way my wife rolls her eyes when she ask who I am going with and i say I am going alone.

Old Post 06-26-2018 04:22 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I'm only 69 but I hunt alone 99% of the time. I like it and I guess the wife's ok with it. Most times she's asleep and doesn't even know when I get in bed.

Old Post 06-26-2018 05:13 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Being ok with it doesn't mean you don't still get a lot of eye rolling and "looks".

Old Post 06-26-2018 05:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I haven't gotten stuck in my kayak chasing fish this Summer at all.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 06-26-2018 07:40 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I went with Darrell Hagood Friday, The worst mosquitoes I have seen in years. I seen something I had never seen before. We were looking at a coon and he shook for a second. Trying to get the mosquitoes off! When the dogs treed their backs were just covered in them. I blamed it on Trump, the tariffs China put on beans caused all the farmers to plant Rice. Now they are turning them loose too!

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-26-2018 09:38 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Our mosquitos are so big here we bait our trot lines with them for catfish !!

One on each hook!!

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2018 09:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I didn't know Marietta was in Texas! Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-26-2018 10:06 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am 11 miles north of the Texas border lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2018 10:21 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I went with Darrell Hagood Friday, The worst mosquitoes I have seen in years. I seen something I had never seen before. We were looking at a coon and he shook for a second. Trying to get the mosquitoes off! When the dogs treed their backs were just covered in them. I blamed it on Trump, the tariffs China put on beans caused all the farmers to plant Rice. Now they are turning them loose too!
guided a 2 dog cast to rainy break friday night . skeeters ate us up .lol i should have went to the hills and ticks .lol dogs made one legitimate circle tree . treed 2 on the outside . 2 x-bred hounds. lost cast 300+ to 450+ . dogs were snapping at the ones on their backs even after being sprayed before cutting . lol long 2 hours . lol . i blame it on being their for the club to judge and guide and alzheirners. lol congrats. out to jon stanley and rose who won the cast finishing her to night champ .with this heat wave looks like dog will be getting a break for awhile .feel like temp 84 at midnight tonight .

Last edited by thomasg on 06-27-2018 at 12:16 AM

Old Post 06-27-2018 12:10 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote