UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > "Oak Mountain Frito" - UKC Performance Sire
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jay brademeyer
why that no good sap sucker.........lol
I probably should cut my losses but am as determined as this dog.

We really got hit by that snowstorm and lost power at home for 1.5 days. Just came back on last night.

Went to TM country and lots of snow yet up here. Was feeling my age last night looking at all that snow again and decided to hunt Frito for one short drop. He looked real nice again: 3 tracks, 3 trees, coon eyes in all 3 trees. It was about 40 degrees, everything wet, a light steady wind. On nights like that he forgets about being a track dog and runs the wind. The trees come fast.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-04-2010 04:34 PM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

ya it is alot better tracking on that snow than dead woods of spring before anything starts growing. slammer and peg looked good sat night. she stole a tree from him. magi was gigling. mike and storm didn't fair as good. hunteed them after midnight and no more tracks. they tried, hunted them seperate, alone.blanks and mabe dens, one i could see in and it looked empty. their ain't much left of my lead after whippen them buggers of them slicks.lol

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 04-05-2010 04:05 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Ennen
I either have dumb coons or a fairly smart dog, because it's going well here, early or late, dry oak hills or wet bottoms.

Hunted the stunted oaks last night. He hammered the coons hard. Those trees are so small the coons can hardly get a dozen feet off the ground. I made 4 drops, he started 4 tracks, treed 4 times, 1 tree was a den, and total of 7 coons counted in the other 3 trees. I couldn't get all the coons in the lens. Home before 2. Great night.

Old Post 04-06-2010 11:45 PM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

ive got really smart coons and really dumb dogs. bad combination.lol

Old Post 04-07-2010 02:40 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito won the Laurel AKC hunt Saturday night with a score of 500+ and 0 minus. He got his AKC wins as follows: 3 in North Dakota, 1 in Indiana and 1 in Montana. This wins gives him UKC & AKC Nite Champion titles before reaching his third birthday.

Loaded and ready to go to town.

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 04-18-2010 at 02:52 AM

Old Post 04-12-2010 04:19 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

I DON'T EVEN LOOK ANYMORE...........................

Old Post 04-14-2010 02:18 AM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Finally got back into the woods a couple nights. Frito went back and tried to rerun a track he'd already treed on, and we had a good training lesson coming out of that event. He also treed four times and had a coon in each tree. He also caught one real late under the moon in a flooded diamond willow thicket. This coon thought nothing would come through his fortress of cold water and tangled wood branches. He was DEAD wrong.

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 05-01-2010 at 09:53 PM

Old Post 04-28-2010 06:05 PM
DownHomeKennels
UKC Forum Member

FRITO

Hey Rick! I been following FRITO every since I first seen him in the yearbook. You have done an awsome job with him. Sounds like he is a way above average coon treer. You have got my attention with him. Give me a call as soon as you get some female pups on the ground. Thanks and good luck in the future to you and FRITO.

Old Post 04-28-2010 08:07 PM
DownHomeKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DownHomeKennels Click here to Send DownHomeKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email DownHomeKennels Find more posts by DownHomeKennels Add DownHomeKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Treed him twice last night. First was a tree up against an old house that had so many chewed holes in the roof it looked like a coon condo. Second tree shown below with the meat. Guess that makes us only 50% for the night.

A look at his log showed me that I saw a coon over him 14 of the last 15 times he treed. Seems there's always a bad night somewhere in the month and this average probably won't hold.

Just having fun...nothing more...nothing less.

Old Post 05-18-2010 11:09 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

i hunted with frito friday night and he did a nice job on a couple. he come on those trees right and blowed the top out.

Old Post 06-13-2010 07:30 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Sloopy had 5 pups!! Her water broke early this morning and I wasn't comfortable with the look of the discharge so I immediately took her to the vet for observaton throughout the day. At 2 PM the vet said there were no contractions even with oxytocin, so we decided to get them out with a C-section ASAP. They were born without incident.

When I picked up the pups at the clinic, the vet looked at me and said "those are the loudest newborn puppies we've ever had in this clinic." That made me smile. These pups are already impressing folks and it's only the first day.

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 07-15-2010 at 03:03 AM

Old Post 06-23-2010 09:49 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Report July 4 and 5

I finally got out last weekend for some hunting with Frito. Only got three trees but he did them all just right.

Saturday night, sent him off the road toward Island Lake and then drove around the end of the lake to listen. He struck about 150 yards from the road and put the coon up quick. Man, the two big locates he let out as he fell treed made me involuntarily yell treed!!! I collected him from under the coon and moved him down the road a mile to send him in again. This time he opened on a cold track about 650 yards straight out, kept it moving with only a couple short losses for almost a half mile before falling treed. We’ve had a lot of rain in the wooded hills and I waded three stretches of thigh deep water to reach him under another coon. It was late so we headed home.

Next night, I sent him south along School Section Lake. Normally a sweet spot, I haven’t hunted it yet this year but tonight he worked himself back and forth between the shore and woods until he was .8 mile from me and he never made a sound. Then he turned around and moved away from the lake while working his way back toward me. 450 yards out he opened on a cold track along a fast flowing stream in the woods. He made a loss and then did one figure 8 through the spot before heading up stream toward me, looking for the coon. Just before getting to the road he decided that wasn’t going to work and he turned and angled southwest away from me looking for another track. He crossed woods, went around another lake, more woods and then found a track to run 1.6 miles SW from where I originally dropped him. I drove around that block of woods and found him on an ash tree under another coon.

I’ve not dropped a coon to him in a few months and decided to do so. Earlier, I lost the clip to my semi auto and it’s slow to load. So when it took two shots to knock out the coon I was pleased to see Frito not leave the tree and continue treeing during my shooting. When the coon started to wobble and fall out, I yelled at Frito and he left the tree and grabbed the dead coon just as it thumped the ground. After I got organized to walk back to the Jeep, I shouted “dead” and “heel,” and he promptly dropped the coon and walked out without me touching him. Everything clicked sssooo very well I decided to call it a weekend.

Old Post 07-07-2010 04:55 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

i think i need to come up there so there is a witness..lol pups sure look good rick

Old Post 07-07-2010 05:19 PM
redtick79
UKC Forum Member

pups

Are these pups for sale and if so how much will you want for them? Sounds like Frito is making a top hound, it seems like he has a lot of hunt and gives a good effort. In the end, that is about all that we can ask of them.

Old Post 07-22-2010 08:47 PM
redtick79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtick79 Click here to Send redtick79 a Private Message Click Here to Email redtick79 Find more posts by redtick79 Add redtick79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redtick79
UKC Forum Member

frito pups

Ok Rick, Good Luck with them and I will be watching Frito's career as he goes forward!

Old Post 07-23-2010 07:13 PM
redtick79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtick79 Click here to Send redtick79 a Private Message Click Here to Email redtick79 Find more posts by redtick79 Add redtick79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito was in his first hunt of the summer last night. He scored the only coon treed (two casts). Got a win toward grand (AKC).

Old Post 07-26-2010 01:16 AM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

...i hunted with rick and frito this past weekend in the turtle mtns. the turtle mtns . are a range of hills up on the canadian border, what a beutifull area. but now if you are a coon hunter it is not for the faint of heart..it is miles of hardwood hills lined with lakes ,swamps and beaver ponds .very thick hazelnutt undergrowth , that you might have to tear through all the way to the treed dogs. very unfogiving country.
...seems to be plenty of coons for a dog that will go hunting and one that has the gutts to run one in there. now to tree one that is a differant story. for the dog to be able to tree one in there he has to force the coon to climb in that mess . and that is were a hard nosed coondog comes in real handy. becuse walking and grubbing,and crawling for 3/4 of a mile or more to a slick tree aint going to work.
... coons don't den in trees up there cause there are no den trees. they den in the ground .
.. we had a real good hunt and ol frito looked like a machine programed to tree coons in those conditions . he was very impressive. he ran some running tracks , he ran cold tracks that he got up and forced to climb. every time we cut him he dropped in there ,got struck, worked, or run his track to a heated race and forced ricky racoon to climb. according to the garmin there was not a track he worked under 3/4 of a mile,and that was one track the others he moved a mile or more.rick doesn't shoot any coons to frito and those buggers have been run before.
.. i would have to say in over 24 years of coon hunting that was as fine a work as i have seen. he hunts on the run. he has one thing on his mind, he sounds like a million dollers ,runs with a big hollering bawl mouth that he will shorten up on a hot track , he locates sure, with a die dead quivering locate then turns it over to a very hard never ending loud chop on the tree and we never looked up that we didn't find his coon , and he never teed in the ground . he finnished every track bellied up on the wood with ricky raccoon looking down... the only thing i found about this dog that i would like to change is ownership. he would look real good at my place. very special hound . once in a life time dog.
....BOTTOM LINE THIS SON OF A GUN IS A COONDOG THE HARD NOSED KIND!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jay brademeyer on 08-02-2010 at 02:46 PM

Old Post 08-02-2010 02:31 PM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

like to see them pups...

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
TEAM ROCK BOTTOM SWEAT IT

CURT AHRING STUD BARN CENTRAL
5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

FOR REFFERENCE ON TRACKMAN & SWEAT IT
CALL BUZZ LYNCH @ 615-368-7319

CONGRATS TO CURT AHRING FOR BEING BREEDER OF THE YEAR 4 YRS AND RUNNING.

CONGRATS TO ALL GRAND TRACKMAN FOR BEING SIRE OF THE YEAR 3YRS AND RUNNING.

CURT WANTS TO THANK HIS WIFE KERRI FOR ALL HER HARD WORK AND LOVING SUPPORT OF CURT'S CRUSADES OVER THE YEARS. HE REALLY APPRECIATES HER AND LOVES HER DEARLY. THANKS KERRI FOR SUPPORTING TEAM TRACKMAN AND KEEPING OL CURT IN LINE... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE WITHOUT YOU.

COME JOIN TEAM TRACKMAN FB PAGE
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrackman

Nite-Time Hunting & Pet Supply
James, Benga, J.D. & Isabella Atwell
3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :
http://www.nitetimesupply.com

Old Post 08-10-2010 01:39 PM
Hokieman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hokieman Click here to Send Hokieman a Private Message Visit Hokieman's homepage! Find more posts by Hokieman Add Hokieman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

I like the last male the best...

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

CURT WANTS TO THANK HIS WIFE KERRI FOR ALL HER HARD WORK AND LOVING SUPPORT OF CURT'S CRUSADES OVER THE YEARS. HE REALLY APPRECIATES HER AND LOVES HER DEARLY. THANKS KERRI FOR SUPPORTING TEAM TRACKMAN AND KEEPING OL CURT IN LINE... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE WITHOUT YOU.

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 08-10-2010 08:57 PM
Hokieman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hokieman Click here to Send Hokieman a Private Message Visit Hokieman's homepage! Find more posts by Hokieman Add Hokieman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

9 weeks old.

The bottom pup's eyes bugged out when I showed him a coon tail last weekend. He tore it up.

Old Post 08-27-2010 02:42 AM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

RICK look at the ears on that one pup... great looking pups.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 08-27-2010 02:46 AM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Ennen
Ya, Hokie. The last pup's ears are at least as long too. you can wrap them around his nose and up the other side of the nose. I'll have to tape them back before I shoot a coon out to these pups.

I hear yah. Be sure to post more of the pup pixs as they get older.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 08-28-2010 07:01 PM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito's pups are 9 weeks old and when running in the woods today they found a cat. It looks like they inherited the right stuff.

Then there's Charlie...

My wife picked out one of the Frito/Sloopy pups when he was less than a month old and named him Charlie. I didn't know why and had dismissed him early because he developed a little slower than the other pups at first. Now he's first at most things. Charlie was first to bay the cat, first to walk around with his head up following drifting scent, first to run off with the coon tail, etc., etc. He didn't happen upon the cat first but he is the first to show what a treedog he may be someday.

Look out world...Here comes Oak Mountain Charlie.

Old Post 08-29-2010 12:57 AM
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

Rick, I tell you them pups the best looking pups I've seen. Charlie appears to be a natural, Keep working him... thanks for sharing.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN

5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :

Old Post 08-29-2010 01:06 AM
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Been finding coons and treeing them regularly although they are climbing around in the oaks now looking for ripening acorns and that has caused Frito to come up short on a few trees lately. The tree pictured below he got me good and wet back in a swampy area. Frito shows no reluctance when it comes to swimming and breaking through heavy swamp ground to look for coons, and the coons will try to lose him in that heavy stuff but it’s only a matter of time before the pressure is too great and they run up a ridge and climb.

It rained last night so we went out on the prairie to avoid the drippy underbrush. I ended up walking a ½ mile in a drippy sunflower field. Got a couple coons treed. The last track was a long one and he was driven off the track by two different coyote packs. The first time I got there quick and ended it and the last time they caught him a long way off the road in a sunflower field. When coyotes catch Frito he just sits perfectly still, doesn’t bark at all, and waits for me to arrive or the coyotes to leave. I didn’t hear an attack but hoofed it out there and just before I got to him the coyotes left and Frito immediately resumed running the coon track. He treed the coon a few minutes later.

I looked around where the Garmin showed he'd been sitting and there were coyotes tracks all over the spot. The coyotes slashed one shoulder wide open about 2.5 inches. It looks like you took a sharp knife and made a clean, straight slice. That was the first time he’s been injured by coyotes, but these confrontations happen to him several times per month and I’m amazed it doesn’t stifle his desire to hunt alone and deep.

Old Post 09-03-2010 02:04 AM