UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Close hunting lines of hounds
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jw1984
UKC Forum Member

Close hunting lines of hounds

I’m a pleasure hunter and I enjoy walk hunting my dogs. Are there any close hunting laid back lines of hounds out there anymore or is everything just deep and lonely type of hound.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-2024 03:19 AM
jw1984 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jw1984 Click here to Send jw1984 a Private Message Find more posts by jw1984 Add jw1984 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Purple12
UKC Forum Member

I have a 1-1/2 year old black and tan female I am going to sell that would probably be what you are looking for

Old Post 04-03-2024 03:28 AM
Purple12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Purple12 Click here to Send Purple12 a Private Message Click Here to Email Purple12 Find more posts by Purple12 Add Purple12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jw1984
UKC Forum Member

Is she started

Old Post 04-03-2024 03:52 AM
jw1984 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jw1984 Click here to Send jw1984 a Private Message Find more posts by jw1984 Add jw1984 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Purple12
UKC Forum Member

Take a look at the black and tan classifieds I just put her on there I described her best I could

Old Post 04-03-2024 03:55 AM
Purple12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Purple12 Click here to Send Purple12 a Private Message Click Here to Email Purple12 Find more posts by Purple12 Add Purple12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Im like you.The blk and tan sounds like a good deal.I have a stock of blueticks that would make you happy.They hunt but are smart and tone break well.My female is a combo sq and coon dog and my male is a smart coondog.Pups due apr 15. First time litter.You might enjoy a good mt curr .

Old Post 04-03-2024 02:43 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Im like you.The blk and tan sounds like a good deal.I have a stock of blueticks that would make you happy.They hunt but are smart and tone break well.My female is a combo sq and coon dog and my male is a smart coondog.Pups due apr 15. First time litter.You might enjoy a good mt curr .

Old Post 04-03-2024 02:43 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jw1984
UKC Forum Member

I’ve tried a couple of curs but didn’t have much luck getting them on coon and I like listening to a hound a lot more

Old Post 04-03-2024 04:11 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

A real GOOD curr will tree alot of coons and ussually handle good.The real good ones are rare just like with hounds.Ive had a couple that opened on track tho but still not like a good hound.Good luck finding you a dog.

Old Post 04-03-2024 05:05 PM
jw1984
UKC Forum Member

Thank you you’re right about the curs but the ones I’ve tried only wanted to tree squirrels

Old Post 04-03-2024 06:15 PM
buff1978
UKC Forum Member

Yes I would like to know also but in the walker breed. Iam looking for something that hunts a few hundred yards,checks back in and has brains to breed to my female.

Old Post 04-04-2024 01:10 AM
buff1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buff1978 Click here to Send buff1978 a Private Message Find more posts by buff1978 Add buff1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry
UKC Forum Member

I have hunted Leopards for close to 50 years. Most hunted and handled good. Most are open and hunt close to medium. They young female I have now hunts by herself under 600 yards. Good mouth and nose. Most nights I make 2-3 trees and back to house round trip 2 hours. They are like any other tree dog. Really good ones are hard to come by. I have been blessed with more than my share over the years. Thanks Perry

Old Post 04-04-2024 02:09 PM
perry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry Click here to Send perry a Private Message Click Here to Email perry Find more posts by perry Add perry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

Some dogs can be taught kinda to hunt in closer with tone and light shock.Smart ones can learn in time about how far youll let em get.Or at least keep up with where you are.I have a good handle on my blue hounds but sometimes theyll strike kinda deep and trail off the other way .Then i just let it happpen.But they know i mean buissness when i tone and call.Id hate to turn a dog loose without a track and train collar.Finding a coon hound line thats bred to hunt close wont be easy to find if not impossible.

Old Post 04-04-2024 02:53 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by perry
I have hunted Leopards for close to 50 years. Most hunted and handled good. Most are open and hunt close to medium. They young female I have now hunts by herself under 600 yards. Good mouth and nose. Most nights I make 2-3 trees and back to house round trip 2 hours. They are like any other tree dog. Really good ones are hard to come by. I have been blessed with more than my share over the years. Thanks Perry
Mr Perry? Do you know of a good leopard breeder in Tn,Al. ?thanks.

Old Post 04-04-2024 03:38 PM