UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > The Gardening Thread
Pages (18): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Planted

Planted all of my sweetcorn yesterday afternoon. Little concerned since we have had frost the last 5 nights. 2 nights it froze dogs water bowls over. Weather channel says heat is coming and so is rain. Will know right or wrong in 10 days. And still have time to do it again. LoL!

Randi

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-13-2020 12:21 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Rain rain go away come again in like 2 weeks or maybe a month lol! My tomato plants have some yellow leaves I'm pretty sure it is from way too much rain. I think next year I'm going to try to elevate them in something in the bed I plant in.
Over the weekend I planted squash and cucumber seeds and I think where they are at they are safe from being washed away lol. I also did my second seeding of lettuce to start a continual summer crop.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-22-2020 05:02 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Rain rain go away come again in like 2 weeks or maybe a month lol! My tomato plants have some yellow leaves I'm pretty sure it is from way too much rain. I think next year I'm going to try to elevate them in something in the bed I plant in.
Over the weekend I planted squash and cucumber seeds and I think where they are at they are safe from being washed away lol. I also did my second seeding of lettuce to start a continual summer crop.

Mrs tars tub plants are a little yellow but we used miricle grow raised bed and I think they got their mix a little hot they are doing better.

Tar

Old Post 05-22-2020 12:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Slow!

Sweet corn is coming up! Not real good stand yet. The deer are getting impatient. Fresh tracks in it bout every morning.

Randi

Old Post 05-29-2020 12:06 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

The apple trees didn't freeze so we hope to have lots if apples. My asparagus did well and I need to check the blueberries. I was camping and riding last week and played catch up with housework most if this week.

Old Post 06-06-2020 01:28 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Everything I've planted is looking really good except the bell peppers and they look horrible and just a few inches tall. I don't think they've grown an inch since I put them in the ground.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-06-2020 11:25 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I usually had nice bell peppers. Years ago, we sold a lot of stuff out of our garden and a little boy was in awe over the size of a pepper. I told him it took lots of horse manure to make it grow that big. I still wonder if he ate any of it.

Old Post 06-07-2020 01:04 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rex Ridge
I usually had nice bell peppers. Years ago, we sold a lot of stuff out of our garden and a little boy was in awe over the size of a pepper. I told him it took lots of horse manure to make it grow that big. I still wonder if he ate any of it.

Lol! That's funny. I remember last year it took them a long time to get going but I don't think they looked this bad. The tomato plants right by them are doing good. I'm beginning to wonder if they just don't like that beds soil. Next year I'm going to find a whole new area for them.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-07-2020 05:05 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

My little helper Miss Addi Marie having fun digging in the dirt today.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-10-2020 01:07 AM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

She looks like a good helper. Does she coonhunt, too?

Old Post 06-10-2020 05:47 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rex Ridge
She looks like a good helper. Does she coonhunt, too?

She does go with us sometimes. She is around those ornery boy cousins almost daily and is the boss lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-10-2020 03:40 PM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Ground Mole

Need to get rid of a Mole in my wife's flower bed without the use of poison.

Old Post 06-13-2020 06:13 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Pat

A guy I worked with had moles bad. He was told to use Juicy Fruit gum. I think he was to chew it just enough to make it gummy. Don't get all sugar out. said they can't digest it. Put it in burrows. Sounded crazy but he had spent a fortune on baits and traps.

Good Luck

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 06-13-2020 07:58 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

We have 3 cats... the only moles I see are dead. I don't know where they find them all because our yard doesn't have any holes in it. Must be getting them out in the woods.

Pat, if you use the gum let us know if it works.

Old Post 06-13-2020 11:45 PM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

I'll try it

Its certainly worth a try. Especially considering we always have juicy fruit gum on hand. I've never had to worry about them myself. We had a Patterdale/Jagd terrier cross that always took care of em! I'll post results!

Old Post 06-14-2020 01:11 AM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Ground Mole

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Miltons
Need to get rid of a Mole in my wife's flower bed without the use of poison.

My grandpa used mole traps.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-14-2020 04:39 PM
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Everything I've planted is looking really good except the bell peppers and they look horrible and just a few inches tall. I don't think they've grown an inch since I put them in the ground.

several years ago My peppers were sorry. an old gentleman told me to put 3 heads off kitchen matches in with each plant when planting .
seemed to work for me..
Don Cummings

Old Post 06-15-2020 12:05 AM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Driftwoodblue
several years ago My peppers were sorry. an old gentleman told me to put 3 heads off kitchen matches in with each plant when planting .
seemed to work for me..
Don Cummings

Thanks I will give it a try! The way they look now it sure can't hurt them.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-15-2020 05:12 AM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Garter

Will Garter snakes leave the ground slightly raised and cracked anything like a mole does?

Old Post 06-17-2020 12:02 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Garter

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Miltons
Will Garter snakes leave the ground slightly raised and cracked anything like a mole does?

I just had to Google this because I had no idea but University of Nebraska says no they do not create burrows they may utilize other holes, burrows and crevices. So if you have these in your yard it's probably just moles. Get some metal traps if they are bothersome.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 06-17-2020 04:48 AM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to research and post. I just happened to see a Big Garter slide in the mole hole and wasn't sure what I had going on! I'll try the trap. Thanks again

Old Post 06-17-2020 09:30 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I have a friend that is said she used mouse traps to kill moles. She said she heard of using gum, but never tried it. The cats had a dead chipmunk for me this AM.

Old Post 06-23-2020 05:17 AM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Anyone use Castor Bean plants to deter moles? I sprouted some seeds to plant a couple of them to see if that helps. I read that it was a deterrent just wondering if anyone’s tried and was it successful.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 06-25-2020 08:33 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir. And I can tell you they do work. However they are bad to reseed themselves. Unless you gather all the beans you"ll have more than you need next year but you won't have any moles. Be careful and don't get them mixed up with your pinto beans. Not healthy

Old Post 06-25-2020 08:58 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I cooked some cabbage on the grill Monday night from my garden. Sliced it in patties then sprinkled it with salt and pepper and drisled with olive oil. Best I can say is I prefer it fried with bacon lol.
The cabbage worms got part of my crop while we were gone to Indiana and some of the broccoli too. I hadn't noticed any before we had left ☹ and I'm a little disappointed they were finally making big enough heads to eat. The chickens will be happy, happy, happy! Saturday I dug up a few potatoes for green beans and new potatoes and my contribution to mom's 4th of July dinner.
Tomatoes are looking good this summer and lots of green ones but no ripe except for the cherries so far.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-07-2020 07:43 PM