UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > More dog food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
grntinokla
UKC Forum Member

More dog food

I have fed Purina since way back when it was hi-pro and have been in the pro-plan program and liked it,but I guess since they're golng to the scan receipts way now and I really pretty much don't do that kind of stuff,I'm gonna try something else.Going to try Victor 1st and thought I'd see what y'all think about it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-16-2018 04:00 PM
grntinokla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grntinokla Click here to Send grntinokla a Private Message Find more posts by grntinokla Add grntinokla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Victor purple bag year around.

Tar

Old Post 08-16-2018 04:05 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Victor Hi Pro plus - really a top notch dog food

Old Post 08-16-2018 04:21 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Extreme Dog Fuel

Old Post 08-16-2018 04:47 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grntinokla
UKC Forum Member

What is the dog fuel?Is it Victor?I can get Victor locally and I figured on finding whatever compares with the 30/20 Purina.

Old Post 08-16-2018 04:51 PM
grntinokla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grntinokla Click here to Send grntinokla a Private Message Find more posts by grntinokla Add grntinokla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Its its own brand. A guy that trains dogs for a living developed it. Look on their website you can find a map of the locations that sell it. I was feeding victor and just gave it a try. I think its better feed and a lil cheaper.

Old Post 08-16-2018 05:08 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KentuckyKid96
UKC Forum Member

Victor is great dog food, I liked it better than purina pro plan when I fed it. Got to be too expensive for my taste, around a dollar a pound where I'm at. I switched to Valu Pak and like it almost as much Victor, for about half the price.

Old Post 08-16-2018 10:54 PM
KentuckyKid96 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KentuckyKid96 Click here to Send KentuckyKid96 a Private Message Click Here to Email KentuckyKid96 Find more posts by KentuckyKid96 Add KentuckyKid96 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Valu-Pak is a high quality food, 100% grain free. If you have a dealer close I’d give it a try. Comes in a 50lb bag and is about $15 a bag cheaper the Putin’s and Victor. It’s all I feed now, use to feed Victor and can’t tell any difference except in my wallet.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 08-17-2018 02:14 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

What color valu-pak y’all feeding? I’ve been wanting to try it and a dealer near me just picked it up.

Old Post 08-17-2018 03:25 AM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by barnescreek
What color valu-pak y’all feeding? I’ve been wanting to try it and a dealer near me just picked it up.

Mainly black bag 28/20, have used the blue 26/18 and orange 22/12. Right now I'm using the orange because I'm not getting to hunt much, don't need the extra protein/fat when's its upper 80's and humid sitting in the kennel.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 08-17-2018 04:44 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Food....

I wish we had a Dealer close to Peru for the Valu-Pak...so we can try it. I have heard its pretty good food.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 08-17-2018 11:35 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grntinokla
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the input.I'm gonna chneck into these.I've got a friend feeding diamond,but I fed it for a bit a few years ago and didn't like the results.Also fed Black Gold and really liked it but had to go to far out of my way to get it.

Old Post 08-17-2018 01:51 PM
KentuckyKid96
UKC Forum Member

I feed the black bag as a puppy food, the blue bag when its colder and I'm able to hunt like I want to, and I'm feeding the orange bag as a maintenance feed over the summer right now. Its all grain free. Been very happy with it, especially for the price. At my feed store even the blag bag is only about 26.50 a bag, blue bag is 24.50 and orange bag is 23.50 if I'm remembering correctly

Old Post 08-17-2018 02:07 PM
KentuckyKid96 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KentuckyKid96 Click here to Send KentuckyKid96 a Private Message Click Here to Email KentuckyKid96 Find more posts by KentuckyKid96 Add KentuckyKid96 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: More dog food

quote:
Originally posted by grntinokla
I have fed Purina since way back when it was hi-pro and have been in the pro-plan program and liked it,but I guess since they're golng to the scan receipts way now and I really pretty much don't do that kind of stuff,I'm gonna try something else.Going to try Victor 1st and thought I'd see what y'all think about it?

JMO
Stay away from Victor Red bag.
MULTIPLE guys on here {incl myself} had female that had 'female problems'.Heat cycles messed up,false pregnancy and not having pups.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...ighlight=victor

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 08-17-2018 02:38 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

I feed the Victor Purple bag almost all year long with good Results. Mostly feed the Teal bag to bred gyps and pups. Tried the Valu-Pak with my foxhounds, liked it at first, but does not hold them up when running then hard ( twice a week) like the Victor does. Can't speak for others, but have never had any problems with gyps not coming in or having trouble with them having pups. Have two in the brooders now with pups, another one due in a week or so and four in heat right now. Dog food opinions vary like the wind blowing, find something you like and stick to it.

Old Post 08-17-2018 09:17 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Nothing to scanning the receipts for the PP. I got our first check back. I called and they walked me right through it.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 08-17-2018 09:22 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grntinokla
UKC Forum Member

Cleo that's probably true about nothing to it,but I am really bad about just sticking my receipt in a pocket or tossing it in the seat and forgetting them,and I also usually have someone else pick up my dog food for me and it's just not working for me.Not blaming anything except the fact I'm an old coot.lol.Just gonna try something simpler for a while.

Old Post 08-17-2018 09:37 PM
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

I totally understand!!!!

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 08-17-2018 10:25 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

VICTOR

Go Victor Purple Bag and you won't regret it. Year Round. Hounds will look Great and Very little to clean up. It don't take much, just watch your hounds and adjust accordingly.

Old Post 08-18-2018 11:28 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote