UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Will the three minute tree rule and no leash lock punish the deep and lonely dog?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
A low end strike dog isn't gonna leash lock nothing if the handler can help it.

I hunt quarter strike dogs all the time, and I rarely tree mine until they turn loose. Last thing we need is to open that strike back up.

Josh mine are not low end strike dogs only when I am in a hunt do I get outstruck.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-31-2019 03:31 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Coon were moving good in Michigan tonight. Had three different scenarios over the three drops.

First one 700 yards straight line across the swamp and treed in the oaks in about 12 minutes. Believe he winded the coon or he would typically skirt the swamp. Big swamp, probably 20 acres. Hot track and tree.

Second he stuck due west in the timber at 450 yards. Trailed the coon 500 yards diagonally across a picked bean field into a wet hole. Worked it there a bit and then took it another 240 and crossed the road. Treed 130 yards from the truck. Bout 15 minutes overall. Big oak with the coon laid up.

Last drop was a 150 yard pop up on a field edge.

Knocked the last one out and came home. Big boar with white leather. Skinned him out.

We will see how it all plays out next year. I’m optimistic the new format will favor more of a coon dog vs a conditioned scorecard dog. My opinion and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee. FWIW. Thanks for the interesting comments.

Old Post 10-31-2019 04:52 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

Re: Will the three minute tree rule and no leash lock punish the deep and lonely dog?

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hall
Further will the rule help promote a trailing type dog vs a blow thru the country and pop up a hot one?

Lot of discussion as of late about the new rule changes for UKC that are coming up..

Can you score dogs logically out of order on the way to a dog treed deep if it happens?

Bored - took a couple nights off hunting and about to go stir crazy..

I feel this will punish the me too dogs more than anything else. My dog is treed, we goto him and start scoring my tree find my Coon. Pull him off and you tree your dog 800 yards deep. No leash lock so I cut mine he pulls to your and trees at 3:05, right wrong he’s minuses 75.

I agree with this punishment. It will only help as whole.

DUAL GRAND GRNITECH'GRCH'PR'NITRO'S BIGTIME GOMER
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/bigtimekennels/th_null_zpsaf6e7c86.png

Old Post 10-31-2019 05:29 AM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Good point Mr Ayers.. and in my useless opinion the dog that covers at 800 yards needs to be minused.. Certainly not looking for his own coon at that point, just being a carpet bagger and taking advantage of the other dogs work..

Old Post 10-31-2019 02:03 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Will the three minute tree rule and no leash lock punish the deep and lonely dog?

quote:
Originally posted by MARSHALL AYERS
I feel this will punish the me too dogs more than anything else. My dog is treed, we goto him and start scoring my tree find my Coon. Pull him off and you tree your dog 800 yards deep. No leash lock so I cut mine he pulls to your and trees at 3:05, right wrong he’s minuses 75.

I agree with this punishment. It will only help as whole.

Wouldn't the dog only get -25? Reason I'm thinking this way is because of the countdown.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 10-31-2019 08:50 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

be 50 minus wouldn't it? he'd have to be struck in for 25 and awarded the tree position of 25 and both minused?

Old Post 10-31-2019 09:04 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I haven’t seen the new rules yet but word on the street was after 3 minutes a delete you can’t bust a dog if you pull off and you have to cut back to a dog treeing a 100 or 200 yards away.

After a conversation a while back with the brass and after looking at the bloodlines that whole rule on misusing a dog after the 3 minutes is gone I just called Jennifer to make sure and I think it is a delete.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 10-31-2019 at 09:49 PM

Old Post 10-31-2019 09:26 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I haven’t seen the new rules yet but word on the street was after 3 minutes a delete you can’t bust a dog if you pull off and you have to cut back to a dog treeing a 100 or 200 yards away.

After a conversation a while back with the brass and after looking at the bloodlines that whole rule on misusing a dog after the 3 minutes is gone I just called Jennifer to make sure and I think it is a delete.

Tar

I have not saw the finalized rules but I do know that the next available change that passed at Autumn Oaks rules meeting is was NOT listed in Bloodlines rule change vote. I believe it has been ixnayed by the higher ups as it won't work well with 3 other changes in combination (2 min countdown, no leash lock and 3 minutes on tree time).
The finalized 2020 rules will be out soon for all to see until then everyone should just keep calm and hunt on.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-01-2019 01:46 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
be 50 minus wouldn't it? he'd have to be struck in for 25 and awarded the tree position of 25 and both minused?

yes I was referring to minus points on tree.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 11-01-2019 12:28 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:

yes I was referring to minus points on tree.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 11-01-2019 12:28 PM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I have not saw the finalized rules but I do know that the next available change that passed at Autumn Oaks rules meeting is was NOT listed in Bloodlines rule change vote. I believe it has been ixnayed by the higher ups as it won't work well with 3 other changes in combination (2 min countdown, no leash lock and 3 minutes on tree time).
The finalized 2020 rules will be out soon for all to see until then everyone should just keep calm and hunt on.

I would be willing to bet this one will not be in the printed book.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-01-2019 12:41 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

A write up on half of the rule changes going into effect will be coming out in the coming days in the November issue of Coonhound Bloodlines and on the website under the Advisor tab. The situation mentioned above will be covered in there.

Last edited by trevorwade09 on 11-01-2019 at 01:41 PM

Old Post 11-01-2019 01:39 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by trevorwade09
A write up on half of the rule changes going into effect will be coming out in the coming days in the November issue of Coonhound Bloodlines and on the website under the Advisor tab. The situation mentioned above will be covered in there.

Trevor it took me 6 yrs to learn how to type and navigate this website and your going to make me buy the magazine to know anything really lol !!!

Tar

Old Post 11-01-2019 01:50 PM
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

Haha, save this link and check it every month or so! https://www.ukcdogs.com/coonhound-news

Old Post 11-01-2019 01:52 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by trevorwade09
Haha, save this link and check it every month or so! https://www.ukcdogs.com/coonhound-news

I can done tell y’all forced our hand ! Secret agent no 1 and I are going to have to go deep undercover and get this top secret , highly classified, special operations, hush hush imformation.

We have a mole at headquarters we call him Ricky leaks !!

Tar

Old Post 11-01-2019 02:03 PM
yadkintar
Banned

We have just received the sealed doseeyay ( Oklahoma code talk ) we are going to let ukc house speaker lambert go over it with a fine tooth comb ! Ricky leaks confirms that there is going to be a shake up you can’t makeup!!

Tar

Old Post 11-01-2019 09:31 PM
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Will the three minute tree rule and no leash lock punish the deep and lonely dog?

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Wouldn't the dog only get -25? Reason I'm thinking this way is because of the countdown.

I asked the same question when the new rule proposals came out and was told after the tree was closed next available would be as normal. 75,50,25

Old Post 11-02-2019 02:44 AM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Will the three minute tree rule and no leash lock punish the deep and lonely dog?

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65

I asked the same question when the new rule proposals came out and was told after the tree was closed next available would be as normal. 75,50,25

Old Post 11-02-2019 02:44 AM