UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Give Thanks..Happy thanksgiving
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Give Thanks..Happy thanksgiving

We all can thanks for being an American..I don't care what the liberals say.. Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-22-2017 05:00 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

I thank the Lord Jesus for salvation and for my family

Old Post 11-22-2017 05:23 PM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Old Post 11-22-2017 05:40 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Old Post 11-22-2017 05:59 PM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old Post 11-22-2017 06:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I for one am very thankful. Safe travels to all. Hope everyone gets to spend some time in the woods with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving.

Old Post 11-22-2017 06:55 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TMR
UKC Moderator

So much to be thankful.
Wishing you and your families all a safe happy Thanksgiving!
Tanya Raab
United Kennel Club

Old Post 11-22-2017 08:41 PM
TMR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TMR Click here to Send TMR a Private Message Click Here to Email TMR Find more posts by TMR Add TMR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I want everybody to have a wonderfull thanksgiving what that means here is lots of turkey lots of honey smoked ham and tars world famous oyster dressing ( it's a south thing ). And pea salad , and cranberry sauce I can't wait lol.

Old Post 11-22-2017 08:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Happy Thanksgiving!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-22-2017 08:58 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Thankful.
I grew up in Newton NC during a time when neighbors knew each other's names and looked out for each other. We didn't eat fast food. We drank kool-aid, ate PB&J or bologna sandwiches, macaroni & cheese and hot dogs. We also ate what was set before us or we ate nothing at all. You sure could get a lot of candy for 75 cents. We made forts, climbed trees, and roller skated. We played hide & seek, war, kickball and tag. We rode swings and slides, and hung upside down from monkey bars on metal park equipment with no padding on or under it. If we fell & got banged up, we were given a bandaid & told to be more careful; nobody sued the park district. We walked to our friends house rode our bikes til the street lights came on . There was no bottled water, just the garden hose. We watched cartoons on Saturday mornings while eating a big bowl of cereal. We would ride our bikes for hours, the only helmets we knew of was what Football players wore, all without a cell phone or electronic games. We weren't AFRAID OF ANYTHING except our parents. If someone had a fight, that's what it was...a fist fight and you were back to being friends 10 minutes later. We never a thought of taking a life just because we were angry. School was mandatory not an option. We watched what we said around our elders because we knew if we disrespected any grown-up we would get our behinds busted. It wasn't called abuse, it was called discipline! Please, Thank you, yes/no ma'am & yes/no sir were part of our daily dialogue! never forget where you came from!
THOSE DEFINITELY WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS...

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 11-22-2017 09:29 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

X2 I grew up the same way! Thank GOD, I am so thankful for that. I Happy Thanksgiving to all. Dave

Old Post 11-22-2017 09:51 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Thankful.
I grew up in Newton NC during a time when neighbors knew each other's names and looked out for each other. We didn't eat fast food. We drank kool-aid, ate PB&J or bologna sandwiches, macaroni & cheese and hot dogs. We also ate what was set before us or we ate nothing at all. You sure could get a lot of candy for 75 cents. We made forts, climbed trees, and roller skated. We played hide & seek, war, kickball and tag. We rode swings and slides, and hung upside down from monkey bars on metal park equipment with no padding on or under it. If we fell & got banged up, we were given a bandaid & told to be more careful; nobody sued the park district. We walked to our friends house rode our bikes til the street lights came on . There was no bottled water, just the garden hose. We watched cartoons on Saturday mornings while eating a big bowl of cereal. We would ride our bikes for hours, the only helmets we knew of was what Football players wore, all without a cell phone or electronic games. We weren't AFRAID OF ANYTHING except our parents. If someone had a fight, that's what it was...a fist fight and you were back to being friends 10 minutes later. We never a thought of taking a life just because we were angry. School was mandatory not an option. We watched what we said around our elders because we knew if we disrespected any grown-up we would get our behinds busted. It wasn't called abuse, it was called discipline! Please, Thank you, yes/no ma'am & yes/no sir were part of our daily dialogue! never forget where you came from!
THOSE DEFINITELY WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS...

sounds like we were neighbors except for the street light our street light was the sun rising or setting in a Tabacco field

Old Post 11-22-2017 10:43 PM
whats up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whats up Click here to Send whats up a Private Message Click Here to Email whats up Find more posts by whats up Add whats up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jesus for everything and watch over everyone for safe travels.

Old Post 11-23-2017 10:22 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marty Vincent
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bowling
Thanks Jesus for everything and watch over everyone for safe travels.

X 2 MR BOWING, EVEN GREATER THANKS TO YOU & FAMILY.

TELL JAMES & JERRY HAPPY THANKSGIVING TOO.

GO TEAM DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS , MARTY...........

MARTY VINCENT,, 859/489/1421
259 GLENDALE AVE. LEXINGTON, KY.40511

Old Post 11-23-2017 12:29 PM
Marty Vincent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marty Vincent Click here to Send Marty Vincent a Private Message Visit Marty Vincent's homepage! Find more posts by Marty Vincent Add Marty Vincent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Mr, Osborne you made my eyes leak. I remember them days so well. There were kids in every house. Looking back we never knew what money was or really cared less. Occupying 20 kids with a can or just playing hide n go seek. Today you can't keep them busy unless they have 1000.00 dollar cell phone. Thanks for sharing. I would like to spend one more day with all those kids. But we are all 70 up

Old Post 11-23-2017 12:55 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Our "toys" were sticks, rocks and an empty can or a piece of rope. On non school days when it wasn't raining we left out right after breakfast and got back home just in time for supper. My mother had no idea where we were and didn't worry. Our grandmother would clean and cook any wild animal that we could catch, kill and bring home. We went fishing in the creek with our hands. Our only fishing pole was a pitchfork. We didn't have a worry in the world. Yes, those were the good ol' days. This time of year brings back those memories.
And our mothers didn't worry about "going shopping" this weekend. There was nothing to buy and they didn't have any extra money to spend anyway. A couple pair of jeans, a couple of t shirts and a warm jacket were all we needed. They only bought clothes for the oldest or biggest brother and these got handed down to us. And our "toys" were free.

Where did we go wrong? When did we decide that our kids just "had to have" so many material things?

Old Post 11-23-2017 01:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

When you had very little it didn't take much to make things special. I doubt the youth of today knows what it is like at 13 yrs old to work 12hrs a day out in the fields to help take care of the family. On the weekend you got enough money to go to the picture show but that is what you looked forward to all week and when you set down for a meal your plate was already made up the same as everybody else's somtimes there was not much on none of them I guess that's why I work with the kids of today as much as I do there is a lot of hungry kids out there that their parents don't seem to care about the school my wife teaches at is 85% assisted lunches they even sent weekend sacks home with some it tears me up.

Tar

Old Post 11-23-2017 01:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How many of y'all can remember sitting around the radio with your brothers listening to the Roy Rogers show. I was in the 6th grade when we got a TV. Maybe that was the start of our downward spiral. Up until the TV telling us what we just "had to have", we didn't know what we were missing.

Old Post 11-23-2017 02:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Never will forget the first time I ever seen the ABC peacock in color. And when Lawrence welk came on the grandparents rules the tv lol.

Old Post 11-23-2017 02:14 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Where did we go wrong? When did we decide that our kids just "had to have" so many material things?

We all wanted our kids to have more than we had, my thinking was the more they had the better there childhood, That way of thinking is what got us where we are today!

Old Post 11-23-2017 02:29 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote