UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tree Aggression Breaking Book Coming SOON !!
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Shouldn't we read the book before we try to edit it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-02-2017 08:43 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Man made aggression

How does this happen ?

Old Post 10-03-2017 12:48 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
dogs aren't stupid and after being whipped or shocked for fighting they learn real fast when the lights coming so is trouble !

Its got nothing to do with it most times.

Dogs recognize who the boss is. Dogs know not to fight in front of the boss. The light means the boss is coming.

I had one that wouldnt lay a fang on anything if he knew I was close, and I never laid a finger on him for fighting.

Old Post 10-03-2017 02:24 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Man made aggression

quote:
Originally posted by gcblues
How does this happen ?
put your hound in a small crate and every time he sees ya poke him with a sharp stick . shock one in the dog box for barking with another dog in the box with him .

Old Post 10-04-2017 03:54 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

I HUNT WITH A GO PRO ON MY DOGS SOMETIMES YOU WULD BE SUPRISED AT SOME THINGS THAT GO ON YOU NEVER SEE

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-04-2017 04:49 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

Thank you !! ALL Comments are Greatly appreciated !!! And NO need to apologize I asked for your thoughts and theories.

What I need people to understand is I am AGAINST Aggressive dogs and Breeding Them !!!! Way MORE so than the average man, I believe.
I Do NOT Tolerate it NORE will I breed Anything that is genetically disposition to be Aggressive !!

I am so against ill dogs that I studied them relentlessly now for over 30 years, finding along the way a true understanding on how aggression ticks!!
After I started breaking Tree Aggression I realized how many Coon Hounds are put Down Needlessly, about Over 9 out of 10 !!!! Yes over 90% of hounds that Blow and Face bark and Fight at the Tree are Not (Off Stander-ed) Aggressive Genetically... And can be easily Broke !!!!

However How can we Tell ??? By Breaking it !!!! By Breaking a dogs aggression we can fully see how far OFF stander-ed it is.
Take Shyness for example, More dogs are culled for being shy each year than any other trait. However SHYNESS IS Aggression !! It's just the Other end of it !!!! Yet Every year I save Just as many Shy Dogs as Aggressive ones. Yet how do I know if they should be bred???
"By Breaking it I can truly see what it is"

This Book is a Breeding guide per say so ALL may look as Deeply into these faults as I can, Then we can make WISER decisions on the breeding choices we make. And NOT Cull for Man made and Socially Developed unwanted Behaviors.
In Over 80% of all Tree Aggression Cases I have studied,, The Now aggressive Hound had been CLEAN UNTIL Attacked by A Strange tree aggressor at least twice at a tree. This exactly means a simple LEARNT Behavior Caused Over 80% of the Tree aggressive dogs I have studied and broke, NOT Genetics !!! We are Culling the Best tree Dogs, They learn to fight back quickly, Because WE BRED THEM TO STAY and NEVER Leave and without this STAY PUT trait we have NOTHING......

Keep the comments coming !! My Goal is to enable any man that wants, To see what I see.

True aggression information is near impossible to get, The FEW people who are good at breaking it WANT and Intend on keeping their Monopoly.

I'm on a different mission then them !!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 10-10-2017 at 02:32 AM

Old Post 10-09-2017 08:13 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I believe that a lot of the tree aggression is truly fear. I had a really nice dog once that was 3 years old and had never had an issue. He was attacked in the yard by a big stray one evening that hurt him pretty bad. After he healed a guy brought a young male over that we didn't know was mean. That male got on him pretty bad at a tree. After that he would almost run from a dog around the tree but if they kept crowding him he would nail them. He was simply afraid of the other dogs and didn't want him around him anymore. It took a long time of hunting him by himself and then with dogs that I knew wouldn't bother him. I used a caged coon and stayed close to him and every time he would shy away from a dog I would pull him back up and let him know everything was ok. Took a long time but I thought he was worth it and it cured him.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-09-2017 09:54 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

I have used a couple of Willys methods on a few hounds and was even able to pass one on to a friend. I was happy with the results that l obtained. At this time l have nothing with an aggression problem but l may in the future. When your putting down with strange dogs in the hunts you will eventually run into some issues. I will buy Willys book to help me reconize some potential problems and how to cope with them.

Old Post 10-09-2017 10:14 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Hey Ron

Hey Ron How are you ? I heard that Hook made Grand Nite Champion !!!!
Checked my notes, we Talked about the 1st stage of my Razors Edge Accuracy 3 times, for a total of 37 min. on the subject within our Talks. (not aggression) In going over the 1st stage we changed Only two things, The Words We Say at the Tree and The Timing of Situations we put Him in.
Remember when I told you he Was so Close to Awesome, He just doesn't know exactly what you want?

Congratulations !! Awesome IS Because Awesome Does !! DO IT TO IT TILL DONE !!!!!!

Once Again, Awesome Joey Patients IS Genius !!! And You Did It To It Till
It Was DONE !!!!!!

Doesn't matter how you did it, rather that you BELIEVED thats where I start as well.

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 10-10-2017 02:17 AM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Most Common

The most common Man Made aggression issue IS truly installed by man, by 92% of ALL DOG OWNERS TODAY Starting nearly after birth. The Hand on puppies Mouth Shake, we think we're just playing, but puppies are Most serious And Impressionable At BIRTH. And then the puppy Nips....... n goes By,, By. Hold on lets wait a second,,,, when we shook his mouth with our hand we forced him to learn it is ok to bite the skin of the Very hand that feed him !!!!

Wild Willy's Way,,,, If I pick up a pup to play I also pick up a toy each and every time. I let the puppy bite the toy like others do their hand. When puppies Teeth Touch my Skin his first training session Begins !! I quickly but gentilly set the puppy on the ground and Turn my head Away... Just Like Mommy did when she was displeased with him and then when puppies Muscles are Big and his Teeth Razor sharp,,, Nipping Never Starts!!!

I Believe this Technique alone will Stop 90% of ALL Aggression toward Man Once it Becomes All Dog Owners Common Practice, as it teaches dogs from near birth NOT to Bite,,, and have been teaching this in more detail for free for around 25 years.

It Is A LAW HERE, "Don't Play With Puppies Mouth" Yet it is so hard not to do,,,,,,,, I had to scold someone today. LOL It is very hard not to play with our puppies mouth, I remember it by they Play behind the ear rule I make for myself.

Pm for DVD Video !!

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 10-10-2017 at 05:18 AM

Old Post 10-10-2017 03:45 AM
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Most Common

Other than the Number One Cause. (saved for the Book) The most common man made aggression with Coon Hound Puppies that I have found is Starting Them To Young.
I recorded this today.
As we know All puppies are different individuals, so it can be Very Hard to tell when its time to start them and early starting is our trend today.

What I've found is if we use another young dog or older Hound, to Suck puppies or young dogs into the fight on a cage Coon. When done at too young of an age, Witch IS Common Practice,,,, His Overall Insecurities of the entire situation Bleed His Aggression over Toward the Other dog,,,,,Witch is usually a Bigger Bolder Dog adding to His insecurities. Hence Misplaced Aggression Forms.

It's Created if the pup is not completely comfortable with the Exact environment or rather spot The fight Happens and The cage being a foreign object adds to these insecurities even if they are only small to begin with.

It can be only slightly Activated at first or Fully Triggered if desired. By the Motion of the Bolder dog That's being aggressive toward the Coon. When Movement is rapidly encountered by the young dog being Sucked in while he is also being aggressive toward the Coon,
His aggression toward the coon will bleed over to the other dog when the other dog bumps into him. IF the young dog is To Insecure of his environment This Can happen every Time.

I will record the way I believe is Safest for a young dog with this pups litter mate. I was able to do it wrong with my pup, because it IS an easy fix, yet only with the fix may we understand it. This is why I do what I do. We have to Break it to truly understand from where it Comes.

Pm for DVD Video !!

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 10-10-2017 at 05:12 AM

Old Post 10-10-2017 05:05 AM
Ozark Hillbilly
UKC Forum Member

I can't wait for this book! This is high level stuff! When do I send some money?

Old Post 10-11-2017 12:54 AM
Ozark Hillbilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ozark Hillbilly Click here to Send Ozark Hillbilly a Private Message Click Here to Email Ozark Hillbilly Find more posts by Ozark Hillbilly Add Ozark Hillbilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

Re: Most Common

quote:
Originally posted by wildwilly0161
The most common Man Made aggression issue IS truly installed by man, by 92% of ALL DOG OWNERS TODAY Starting nearly after birth. The Hand on puppies Mouth Shake, we think we're just playing, but puppies are Most serious And Impressionable At BIRTH. And then the puppy Nips....... n goes By,, By. Hold on lets wait a second,,,, when we shook his mouth with our hand we forced him to learn it is ok to bite the skin of the Very hand that feed him !!!!

Wild Willy's Way,,,, If I pick up a pup to play I also pick up a toy each and every time. I let the puppy bite the toy like others do their hand. When puppies Teeth Touch my Skin his first training session Begins !! I quickly but gentilly set the puppy on the ground and Turn my head Away... Just Like Mommy did when she was displeased with him and then when puppies Muscles are Big and his Teeth Razor sharp,,, Nipping Never Starts!!!

I Believe this Technique alone will Stop 90% of ALL Aggression toward Man Once it Becomes All Dog Owners Common Practice, as it teaches dogs from near birth NOT to Bite,,, and have been teaching this in more detail for free for around 25 years.

It Is A LAW HERE, "Don't Play With Puppies Mouth" Yet it is so hard not to do,,,,,,,, I had to scold someone today. LOL It is very hard not to play with our puppies mouth, I remember it by they Play behind the ear rule I make for myself.

Ok so i shouldn't crack a pup with my ball cap and tell him now when he starts chewing on my hands ?

Old Post 10-13-2017 10:33 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I think if you wouldn't take it so personal you'd get more from what he's saying. And maybe pay closer attention to what he wrote?

Old Post 10-13-2017 10:48 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ozark Hillbilly
UKC Forum Member

A book like this is what the coondog world is missing. The wick books are awesome, but I really like the way wild willy writes. I can tell I'd learn a lot. I personally can't wait.

Old Post 10-14-2017 12:25 AM
Ozark Hillbilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ozark Hillbilly Click here to Send Ozark Hillbilly a Private Message Click Here to Email Ozark Hillbilly Find more posts by Ozark Hillbilly Add Ozark Hillbilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rob thompson
I think if you wouldn't take it so personal you'd get more from what he's saying. And maybe pay closer attention to what he wrote? [/QUOTE

Maybe you oughta mind yer own dang bizzness

Old Post 10-14-2017 01:08 AM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Ya I have trouble with that some times

Old Post 10-14-2017 01:51 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Aggressive Behavior

Motivations are different for the same action that we see or hear. I'm sure the book will address a dogs thought processes and look forward it. I hate to give up on a dog that doesn't turn out the way I want it to and blame myself for not supplying the right motivation at the correct time in the dogs life, but when you work the dog in their life cycle is the only thing you really have control of. It is the DNA for superiority! That's my opinion. Ken Risley

Old Post 10-14-2017 05:08 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rob thompson
Ya I have trouble with that some times

Yeah, me to

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:00 PM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Making Friends...

Wildwilly...years ago an acquaintance I hunted with was wanting to sell me a dog that would run with my lead dog...the dog was an east Texas cur (Killer) and he was sold because he was too gritty for the type of dogs they hunted...so my friend bought him and was wanting to sell him to me for the same price...I agreed on the price...After the hunt he asked if he could tie my dog and Killer back because he wanted the two dogs to make friends...the dogs were about 8 feet from each other and Mike was about 12 ft from the dogs and he sat on the front deck of his 4 wheeler facing the dogs...I didn’t pay much attention but it seems he was sitting there kind of smiling...well those two dogs caught their fair share of hogs together and you could tell they enjoyed each other’s company..

One night I was roading them and they took a track into a large grassy meadow and I just followed them in my truck...they were zig zagging loping side by side and I could tell they enjoyed each other’s company...once they were in the woods I shut off my truck and listened...300 yards in the woods they had a big sow caught...besides being good friends they worked extremely well together...

Having said all that, do you have a method for dogs to buddy up? For me it is a hit or miss...I bought a dog about a month ago...he buddied up with one dog of mine and can’t get along with the other dog...I am working with the two dogs and it is slow going at this time but making head way...just looking for a better way...thanks

Old Post 10-16-2017 01:14 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

btt

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 11-23-2017 04:02 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote