UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Question on my dog?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jbo30
UKC Forum Member

Question on my dog?

So I have a question for other beaglers. I have a 10 month old male he is running awesome but he has one fault I have seen he will stop in the middle of the track when the dogs are flat out smoking and just sit there and howl and howl. Not sure what he is doing when he does this does anyone have any idea or ever had this problem? Hope you guys can help thanks!

Cottonmouth's Hot Toddy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-20-2015 02:47 AM
Jbo30 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jbo30 Click here to Send Jbo30 a Private Message Find more posts by Jbo30 Add Jbo30 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
st line beagle
UKC Forum Member

solo

solo that pup get his confidence back solo as much as possible

hbch straight line screaming trixie
chumney's straight line AL Capone
chumney's straight line zenyatta

Old Post 08-20-2015 04:30 PM
st line beagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for st line beagle Click here to Send st line beagle a Private Message Click Here to Email st line beagle Find more posts by st line beagle Add st line beagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jbo30
UKC Forum Member

Ok man thanks! It's always after a long day of running towards the end

Cottonmouth's Hot Toddy

Old Post 08-21-2015 03:56 PM
Jbo30 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jbo30 Click here to Send Jbo30 a Private Message Find more posts by Jbo30 Add Jbo30 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

just like the big kids running off and leaving him in the mall when he can't keep up anymore he will lay down and start to cry ---

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 08-21-2015 07:28 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jbo30
UKC Forum Member

But he runs in the front 3 dogs every time most of the time

Cottonmouth's Hot Toddy

Old Post 08-21-2015 08:44 PM
darin carpenter
UKC Forum Member

tired..

Old Post 08-22-2015 01:35 AM
darin carpenter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darin carpenter Click here to Send darin carpenter a Private Message Click Here to Email darin carpenter Find more posts by darin carpenter Add darin carpenter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjd
UKC Forum Member

With pups never let them get bored , never wear them out , always pick them up wanting more

Old Post 08-22-2015 01:50 AM
mjd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjd Click here to Send mjd a Private Message Click Here to Email mjd Find more posts by mjd Add mjd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jbo30
UKC Forum Member

He will stop and then 2 mins later he is back hammering down with thee other dogs and he won't stop the rest of a day.

Cottonmouth's Hot Toddy

Old Post 08-22-2015 03:27 AM
John L
UKC Forum Member

I have seen this a few times.
This sounds like a seizure to me.
Usually low blood sugar related.

Might have to give the dog a little bit of high protein food or peanut butter, meat etc. before a run.

I have also seen it when a dog was on a certain feed.

We had a dog that when put on chicken and rice food would do this. Put her on a higher quality higher protein feed and she was fine,

Also saw a couple just grow out of it.

Old Post 08-22-2015 10:27 AM
John L is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John L Click here to Send John L a Private Message Click Here to Email John L Find more posts by John L Add John L to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

10 months old

Sounds to me like he likes the front but the pressure is a little to much for him. Like someone else said, solo the dog...

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 08-23-2015 07:56 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote