UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > -----Bone Collector Pup Question-----
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

-----Bone Collector Pup Question-----

Do they hunt hard enough?

I feed and recommend: Retriever Hi-Energy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2014 09:05 PM
Ol Grump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ol Grump Click here to Send Ol Grump a Private Message Click Here to Email Ol Grump Find more posts by Ol Grump Add Ol Grump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devan131313
UKC Forum Member

Everyone I've hunted with do

Old Post 07-29-2014 10:21 PM
devan131313 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for devan131313 Click here to Send devan131313 a Private Message Find more posts by devan131313 Add devan131313 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: -----Bone Collector Pup Question-----

quote:
Originally posted by Ol Grump

I bet there is one that does......and I bet there is one that doesnt.

How many pups does Bone have on the ground now? I am sure that there is a bone pup that would suit anybody.

Old Post 07-29-2014 10:21 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Bone Collector

The man I hunt with has a young hound by him and going hunting is not one of his problem's

Old Post 07-29-2014 10:46 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Only seen one in this area.He was a fast hard hunter that sure treed them coons.Very impressive.Im sure they not like that.I asked Doug Compton this same question and he said if the female is lazy it's possible but most go hunting good.

Old Post 07-29-2014 11:45 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

You should PM........

John Dummer I believe hunts Bone Collector dogs. It seems as though he's plenty impressed by them but I can't speak for him. I'm sure he'll tell you whatever he can.

Old Post 07-29-2014 11:55 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

I hesitate to generalize because the female is half of the equation, the bone pups that i have been around were a little slow to get gone when they first started but all turned into a dog that went as deep as it took to get struck.
I am hunting a 2 year old right now, she is not a real deep hunting dog, but we usually get struck within a couple hundred yards around here. She has been in 2 hunts, i withdrew in 1 (rough dog) and she got a 1st in a walker sectional just last week.
All the ones i have been around made nice treedogs and used their mouth right. I like em.

Old Post 07-30-2014 12:41 AM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Compton
UKC Forum Member

OL Grump, they will go as far as you can throw a biscuit

If there not full!!!

Old Post 07-30-2014 03:00 AM
D Compton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Compton Click here to Send D Compton a Private Message Click Here to Email D Compton Find more posts by D Compton Add D Compton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenney Clark
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by D Compton
OL Grump, they will go as far as you can throw a biscuit

If there not full!!!

Lol. Mine will go at least that far Doug. I like mine good enough I bred 2 more to Bone. But my male takes his tracks as he comes to them. He don't blow threw the country 1000 yds then hunt. He takes his tracks as they come . but just goes till he finds a track and runs it. But 500-600 yds here and a dog usually gets struck. My pup is only 17 months old and he doing quite good for his age. Won a few casts. Gets split treed and holds. I like his looks and his mouth. And accuracy.

RIP - GR.NT.CH. , PKC CH. AKC NT.CH. SPIDERMAN SAM.

Contact Kenney Clark - 330-738-3019 CELL- 330-205 3299

Old Post 07-30-2014 03:35 AM
kenney Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenney Clark Click here to Send kenney Clark a Private Message Find more posts by kenney Clark Add kenney Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Bone throws plenty of drive, no qualms there.

Old Post 07-30-2014 05:50 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

I seen in the Cooner where they do a lil winning every now and then

Old Post 07-30-2014 03:49 PM
Ol Grump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ol Grump Click here to Send Ol Grump a Private Message Click Here to Email Ol Grump Find more posts by Ol Grump Add Ol Grump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Re: -----Bone Collector Pup Question-----

quote:
They hunt to hard, beat me bout everytime I draw out with one.

Old Post 07-30-2014 09:55 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

Man told me you could chunk rocks at them all night long

Old Post 07-30-2014 10:18 PM
Duke Proulx
UKC Forum Member

Come to CT and ill show you a 3 legged Bone dog that will walk your feet sore lol

Old Post 07-31-2014 01:45 AM
Duke Proulx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Proulx Find more posts by Duke Proulx Add Duke Proulx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Compton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Man told me you could chunk rocks at them all night long

Tell him lead works a lot better than rocks and you only have to do it once

Old Post 07-31-2014 03:15 AM
D Compton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Compton Click here to Send D Compton a Private Message Click Here to Email D Compton Find more posts by D Compton Add D Compton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

We'll see soon enough, supposed to have a belly full of lil Boners....

Old Post 07-31-2014 03:54 AM
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

He only hunted with 2 of them, said you could hut 'em with a rock all night..... But they won the cast by treeing them raccs

Old Post 07-31-2014 04:14 AM
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Our Bone pups have plenty of go.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 07-31-2014 07:48 AM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

Bone pups hunt and act a whole lot like their owner.

"Honest"

Old Post 07-31-2014 02:15 PM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

Talking

Yeeeeoooow

Old Post 07-31-2014 09:37 PM
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

^^^

Old Post 07-31-2014 11:51 PM
mahicks31
UKC Forum Member

I bet they hunt harder than you Ole Grump!

Old Post 08-23-2014 08:54 AM
mahicks31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mahicks31 Click here to Send mahicks31 a Private Message Click Here to Email mahicks31 Find more posts by mahicks31 Add mahicks31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe E. Gray
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by D Compton
Tell him lead works a lot better than rocks and you only have to do it once

Doug I don't think Ive had a problem with this yet. lol She likes to get treed

(Qualified for 2014 UKC World, Top 24 2014 CHKC little World)
GRCH CCH NTCH OKLAHOMAS RED DIRT RANGER

"PR" Easy To Hate A Trader

Old Post 08-26-2014 08:01 PM
Joe E. Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe E. Gray Click here to Send Joe E. Gray a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe E. Gray Find more posts by Joe E. Gray Add Joe E. Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chayes
UKC Forum Member

bone cross

How would bone collector an my 3 yr old nt ch female cross? She is yadkin river on top an clover on bottom!

Old Post 09-01-2014 12:47 AM
chayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chayes Click here to Send chayes a Private Message Find more posts by chayes Add chayes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote