UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog food prices
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Dog food prices

Anyone remember when fuel went threw the roof. Dog food companies used it as an excuse to raise the prices?
So now that fuel is coming down any chance the greed will follow? 🤣

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2020 03:14 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Dog Food Prices

I hate to rant but this un sticks in my crawl! They use inferior ingredients that are scraped off the floor and add all these additives which can't be good for anyone or anything with very little regulation from any agency and the federal government doesn't regulate their false advertising and ridiculous pics of raw meat and vegetables on the bags that should make people think that their furry friend is eating better than us. PUKE! Then look at all the health problems our dogs are having and dying from! Let's not forget the price gouging that we pay to feed this junk to our dogs. Basically just like smoking as I'm a former smoker until a wise ol fellow told me to I should quit as all I was doing was paying someone to kill me.... looks like we are paying someone to kill our dogs I guess. Don't get me wrong there are some decent feeds out there but they can do alot better. Sorry to ramble but woosa,woosa,woosa this one chaps me! There is a lot better sources of meat that can be used in our feed example what about the wild feral pigs that are killed or destroyed why don't dog food companies use that at least it's all meat? Just saying there are alternatives. Thanks for reading and happy hunting

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 03-20-2020 03:44 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

Just a PSI, if anyone orders the Sportmix 26/18 from Chewy.com they've got a data entry typo on the price. It's NOT the $99 price showing for a 50 lb. bag but you have to call them to make sure you get it for the right price. They were very good about fixing it for me but have not fixed the price on their site yet. They're also running over a week for deliveries instead of their usual 2 days so plan ahead. I assume all the companies that deliver are having similar delays.

Old Post 03-20-2020 05:06 PM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog Food Prices

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter747
I hate to rant but this un sticks in my crawl! They use inferior ingredients that are scraped off the floor and add all these additives which can't be good for anyone or anything with very little regulation from any agency and the federal government doesn't regulate their false advertising and ridiculous pics of raw meat and vegetables on the bags that should make people think that their furry friend is eating better than us. PUKE! Then look at all the health problems our dogs are having and dying from! Let's not forget the price gouging that we pay to feed this junk to our dogs. Basically just like smoking as I'm a former smoker until a wise ol fellow told me to I should quit as all I was doing was paying someone to kill me.... looks like we are paying someone to kill our dogs I guess. Don't get me wrong there are some decent feeds out there but they can do alot better. Sorry to ramble but woosa,woosa,woosa this one chaps me! There is a lot better sources of meat that can be used in our feed example what about the wild feral pigs that are killed or destroyed why don't dog food companies use that at least it's all meat? Just saying there are alternatives. Thanks for reading and happy hunting

I was always told that about the meat being first, They can put anything on the label because there are no regulations on any of it! Crooked, Crooked, Crooked! I know of a lot of different ways to make dog food that is a mile better they what they put in them bags!

Old Post 03-21-2020 05:10 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

I smell what you're steppin in!

Old Post 03-22-2020 01:56 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

My dog has kidney failure. The vet sold me a bag of purina kidney failure feed. my dog won't touch it. To me it smells like busted deer guts. I stopped feeding it and researched home made kidney failure recipes. I made a batch, and it was a lot of work, but she loves it. We've all heard about how we wouldn't eat hot dogs if we saw them being made. If we saw what went into dog feed, we'd either stop having dogs or figure out how to make feed ourselves. Dog feed is crap, pure crap.

Old Post 03-22-2020 06:30 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

If that is all you have to complain about, with all that is going wrong in the world. You are blessed Get rid of your dogs.

Old Post 03-22-2020 07:33 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

I'll complain bout anything I want too same as you, evidently you have nothing better than us to complain about...right?

Old Post 03-22-2020 08:55 PM