UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Babbling rules now
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Babbling rules now

Saw dog cut loose barked when cut never stopped carried the barking until it treed every time. It was always alone unless another dog backed. Not quite up on this new babbling rule. Dog was a great dog just didn't know how to handle that. Turned loose in big timber every time as well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2020 09:08 PM
AKE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AKE Click here to Send AKE a Private Message Find more posts by AKE Add AKE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Hillenbrand
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like an automatic strike dog but it would be hard to determine. I hope I never draw out with this dog, looks like he is good for 225+ every turnout. I do strike my dog if he opens under the 60 seconds because he does not babble. This has never cost me any points. Did have a judge whine about an early call but while he was griping, my dog located and treed one. I treed him on his locate and the discussion was over. The young feller was kinda tight mouthed after that. Knowing your dog does not babble can be a real advantage.

Old Post 03-22-2020 03:06 PM
Ed Hillenbrand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Hillenbrand Click here to Send Ed Hillenbrand a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Hillenbrand Find more posts by Ed Hillenbrand Add Ed Hillenbrand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Now the cast can vote to minus.. and if vote is tied, line drawn through strike... Then if restruck, even honest again, takes last strike. . Even if you have a cold nosed or a loner.. I don't like this rule. Easier to get rid of a good dog.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 03-22-2020 04:40 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Not much you can do if vote doesn’t go in your favor. No matter what rule is set in place. The dog is doing what it’s allowed to do. The problem is the owner not being honest with what he’s bringing to the hunt. Half the time I believe the owner believes his dog is true every time it leaves barking like a fool. Make sure your dog trees coon an don’t worry about it is what I do. People are the problem, not the dogs.

Old Post 03-22-2020 04:55 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davery
UKC Forum Member

Rules

ukc will loose on this rule no way a man can smell and tell if a dog is after a coon or not yAll better use y’all head and change this rule back

Old Post 03-22-2020 05:15 PM
davery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davery Click here to Send davery a Private Message Click Here to Email davery Find more posts by davery Add davery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rules

quote:
Originally posted by davery
ukc will loose on this rule no way a man can smell and tell if a dog is after a coon or not yAll better use y’all head and change this rule back

Really? If you're hunting a dog that you know absolutely only opens on a track and you're hunting with dogs that are running around barking randomly, enough to keep the 8 broke, and your dog strikes and the others quit where they were and come a couple hundred yards to run that track, what were they doing?? I see this often and you know the handlers know what's going on, but you'll never get the vote.

Old Post 03-22-2020 08:51 PM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

tntelkhntr

I've pleasure and comp hunted with a dog like you mentioned he'll open for five to ten minutes leave not bark for few hundred yards and do the same thing over and over untill you go get him or he gets treed.what can you do ?

Old Post 03-22-2020 09:54 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

He didn't stop barking he barked most the whole time. Farthest he treed was about 700 yards. Even when they took him away from the tree and recast him back out same thing went opposite way as other dogs trailing and treed. Like I said dog was pretty darn good treed 3 singles by himself and treed one more and was backed by another in the cast.

Old Post 03-22-2020 10:22 PM
AKE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AKE Click here to Send AKE a Private Message Find more posts by AKE Add AKE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AKE
He didn't stop barking he barked most the whole time. Farthest he treed was about 700 yards. Even when they took him away from the tree and recast him back out same thing went opposite way as other dogs trailing and treed. Like I said dog was pretty darn good treed 3 singles by himself and treed one more and was backed by another in the cast.
The dog has to do it while pleasure hunting. How in the world can that be enjoyable. That’s my whole point. This sport will continue to decline an dogs will continue to get worst. A mans greed an ignorance to not acknowledge right from wrong is a bad thing. An it’s a normal thing is this world today.

Old Post 03-22-2020 10:51 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

I asked him after hunt if he always barked like that and he said always rather he took him by himself or on a hunt. It would get annoying but if he is always under a coon like he was I could get use to it maybe haha. I know pkc dogs that have won thousands of dollars that bark every breath the second they are released.

Last edited by AKE on 03-23-2020 at 12:23 AM

Old Post 03-23-2020 12:19 AM