UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Stephens Stock Curs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

Stephens Stock Curs

Have any of you guys hunted with Stephens Stock dogs? Just wondering how they compare to hounds for coonhunting? Do they make decent squirrel dogs? Do they get up to 40-45 pounds? Most of the pictures I've seen of them they looked pretty small. Thanks for any info

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-02-2021 01:45 AM
Texcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texcooner Click here to Send Texcooner a Private Message Click Here to Email Texcooner Find more posts by Texcooner Add Texcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyblackdogman
UKC Forum Member

They are great tree dogs have a good nose like a hound but they hunt closer usually around 400 or so yards they get around 40 lbs mine are about 30 pounds they are open trailers with good change over at tree mostly chop mouth they can hang with any hound biggest difference they hunt for you and with you

I noticed you live in Texas the president of Stephen breeders Association lives in Texas google southern stephens breeders association he would be glad to take you Coon hunting I’m sure

Psalms 119:89

Last edited by kyblackdogman on 01-02-2021 at 03:45 AM

Old Post 01-02-2021 03:40 AM
kyblackdogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyblackdogman Click here to Send kyblackdogman a Private Message Click Here to Email kyblackdogman Find more posts by kyblackdogman Add kyblackdogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I did google him as you suggested . He's about 350 miles from me. I looked at his web site and it looks like he has some good dogs. Thanks again

Old Post 01-02-2021 04:37 AM
Texcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texcooner Click here to Send Texcooner a Private Message Click Here to Email Texcooner Find more posts by Texcooner Add Texcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilson59
UKC Forum Member

I HACE COON HUNTED FOR 50 YEARS, MY STEPHENS IS THE MOST ENJOYABLE DOG I HAVE EVER HUNTED. NOT A COMPETITION DOG BUT WHAT APLEASURE TO HUNT.

Old Post 01-08-2021 09:36 PM
wilson59 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wilson59 Click here to Send wilson59 a Private Message Click Here to Email wilson59 Find more posts by wilson59 Add wilson59 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

I'm a pleasure hunter. I like a good dependable dog. I don't want him to leave the county but I do want him to get out and hunt. I don't like a silent track dog . How big is your dog? What's his breeding ? I know the president of the Stephens association lives in Texas but I wonder if there are any other Stephens guys in Texas. Maybe I should join the association and try to get a yearbook. They would probably have a list of members in each state

Old Post 01-08-2021 09:45 PM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Some hunt farther than others. I have a female here that absolutely has no return. Her half brother will check back after about a half mile. I started both of mine on squirrels before switching them over to coon. The male would have made an excellent squirrel dog.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 01-11-2021 01:41 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texcooner
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info Nccatfisher. I wish there were a few close around here I could hunt with. The closest guy that I've found that has any is 350 miles from me. I might go and check them out after deer season is over

Old Post 01-11-2021 02:56 AM
orlis roberts
UKC Forum Member

IF ANYONE HAS A REAL NICE FEMALE COON DOG THAT THEY WILL PART WITH, PLEASE CALL ME THANKS 863 557 4968

Old Post 01-13-2021 07:35 PM
orlis roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orlis roberts Click here to Send orlis roberts a Private Message Click Here to Email orlis roberts Find more posts by orlis roberts Add orlis roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orlis roberts
UKC Forum Member

if no one has a trained dog for sale, let me try possible a young started dog, or would consider a nice female pup. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Old Post 02-03-2021 01:09 AM
orlis roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orlis roberts Click here to Send orlis roberts a Private Message Click Here to Email orlis roberts Find more posts by orlis roberts Add orlis roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwillett
UKC Forum Member

Female Squirrel dog

Looking for a nice bred Stephens female that is started some on squirrel or might look at nice Stephens female pup. Any help is much appreciated located in Arkansas can text 501-615-3253. Thanks

Jason Willett

Old Post 02-06-2021 10:53 PM
jwillett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwillett Click here to Send jwillett a Private Message Find more posts by jwillett Add jwillett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyblackdogman
UKC Forum Member

I’m not sure who has pups right now but the spring Stephens hunt is in Hazen Ark March 12-13 you might find something there

Psalms 119:89

Old Post 02-06-2021 11:27 PM
kyblackdogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyblackdogman Click here to Send kyblackdogman a Private Message Click Here to Email kyblackdogman Find more posts by kyblackdogman Add kyblackdogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote