UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Fast dogs !!!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Fast dogs !!!

How to train to make a dog fast at everything...strike track and tree ??. Anyway to make a dog fast ?? I can imagine it's tough but if a person was to attempt to make a fast dog what's the ways to make it happen ??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:02 AM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

This should be interesting, gonna follow this.

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:17 AM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Do you care about accuracy or just want em struck and treed quick

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:32 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Struck and treed quick !!! I want a fast dog that runs wide open and peeled back wired 440 !!! accuracy will develop with experience and woods time !!

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:35 AM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

Rat attack threw a bunch that were so fast they would often beat the coon to the tree! As far as training goes most dogs get faster the more they are hunted but I don't think you can train one to be faster than they genetically wired to be.

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:56 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Use your four wheeler or pick up truck to lay drags.Faster you drive the faster they'll chase. Don't drag coon hide on ground tie it on like a flag on a pole get them runnin with head up not down.

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 10-13-2017 at 05:16 AM

Old Post 10-13-2017 05:12 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Fast

Put a little cocaine on his feed. You must start off with very small amounts to allow him to get used to the rush. Once he gets the party out of him it will be all business. Coke is pricey, but you will see speed out this dog like no other. The feed bill with off set the coke note to the dealer. Don't fall for some cheap knock off drug like meth. It will make his hair fall out, teeth rot out, and age him in no time flat. You want this dog to look his best. You're going to stay in the winners circle with this animal. Good luck and go for the gold.

Old Post 10-13-2017 10:24 AM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

WOW

Please pass the popcorn!

Old Post 10-13-2017 12:48 PM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Big spike hamme
Struck and treed quick !!! I want a fast dog that runs wide open and peeled back wired 440 !!! accuracy will develop with experience and woods time !!
i have know idea were you came with the idea accuracy will come with woods time but that isn't likely.
accuracy comes from breeding and proper handling, so does speed but let me make a suggestion don't give up what is really important to try to win hunts or impress someone else. accuracy should be at the top of most everyone's list.

Old Post 10-13-2017 01:40 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Cocaine is too expensive for us old retired guys. You can hop them up on steroids and thyroid pills a lot cheaper. You can wire them 220, 440 or whatever you can handle. Make sure to give them a good supplement also. But they will burn out in a year or two and you will have to retire them.

Old Post 10-13-2017 02:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Why y'all want them fast ? Dog won the world hunt possum treeing a little ole kitten coon then spent the rest of the hunt trying to hang on to his points !!!

Old Post 10-13-2017 02:34 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Tar his last project was bloodhound/majestic. He wants FAST

Old Post 10-13-2017 02:45 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Lol I know😂

Old Post 10-13-2017 02:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

TIE WEIGHTS ON THEM EACH TIME YOU CUT THEM LOOSE FOR A MONTH START OUT WITH 1 POUND AND INCRESE TO 5 POUNDS THEN ONCE WEIGHT IS REMOVED THEY WILL BE FAST

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-13-2017 03:55 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Breed them to a super fast walker. That is what the bluetickers are doing.

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:25 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

Hoosier,,get a big bag of popcorn so you can share,,,,,,this is gonna be good.especially when Tar and ole Richard get through.

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:37 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

When wiring for 220 or 440 speed be careful about the wires. Doing it wrong will reverse the direction you want to go. LOL

Old Post 10-13-2017 04:39 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Make sure you have a heavy enough gauge wire or they will short out and burn up.

Old Post 10-13-2017 05:07 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Or if you get them wired too hot they will turn and shock you... And believe me it hurts. You might have to get stitches and a tetanus shot.

Old Post 10-13-2017 05:10 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

First I would go to the greyhound races and buy a really fast greyhound. Then I would look for a TOP slick treeing coon hound. Then I would cross the two and find the fastest one of the pups. You should end up with a really fast track dog and they'll be going so fast that they will go right past most of the slick trees. That and lots of luck should do it.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 10-13-2017 05:44 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

First thing,

Call Jimmie Johns!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 10-13-2017 10:33 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Cocaine is too expensive for us old retired guys. You can hop them up on steroids and thyroid pills a lot cheaper. You can wire them 220, 440 or whatever you can handle. Make sure to give them a good supplement also. But they will burn out in a year or two and you will have to retire them.
alright now, you're letting the cat out of the bag. Give'm a little piece of chocolate bout 30 mins before turning them loose.

Last edited by swamp1 on 10-13-2017 at 11:45 PM

Old Post 10-13-2017 11:42 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Tar his last project was bloodhound/majestic. He wants FAST

Would not have to be real fast to be faster than that lol ! Buuuuut when you are watching that garmin and the yardage is rolling off like numbers on a gas pump that's to fast for me. Most of the wired 440's I ever saw had a short in their wiring harness !!

Old Post 10-13-2017 11:47 PM
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Now I've learned my lesson on the majestic breed as a whole ....good dogs good trackers but no treeing instinct or prey drive in them at all !!! Smh ....im just trying to find my place lol...i have a red dog now acts good and has all the right equipment ....just want him to have the best shot at becoming top notch !! Cocaine / chocolate/ thyroid/ ......etc.... I'm just wanting training techniques on how to get him amped up and burning like fire !! I love a dog that's ready to go and will give it his all all the time !! But I will definitly keep all the advice given so far somewhere lol

Old Post 10-13-2017 11:52 PM
Coongrease
UKC Forum Member

Buy one that's silent and throw away the Garmin

Old Post 10-13-2017 11:52 PM
Coongrease is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coongrease Click here to Send Coongrease a Private Message Find more posts by Coongrease Add Coongrease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote