UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just a salad.
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that some people just don't know the difference. Smoke a nice rib eye on that grill and let them have a few bites. Then see how fast they go after that bologna.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2017 06:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

You have 3 groups of people
The steak group
The bologna group
And the whine and cheese group!

A good cook can convince the steak group that bologna is the big ticket today.
A good cook can convince the bologna group steak is the big ticket today so he digs a little deeper in the pocket!
But the whine and cheese group will always be the whine and cheese group!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-14-2017 07:18 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I was taught by a couple of the best in the buisness I can feed a hog a ham sandwich if I want too lol.

Old Post 10-14-2017 07:33 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tar, you can make him eat it But you can't make him like it.
And whoever said that a good cook could convince a steak man that a slice of bologna was a rib eye steak lied. No matter how you season it as soon as the steak man takes a bite of the bologna he will know that he has been lied to.

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

And now you know the rest of the story, steak is the only way to go cause you get what you pay for.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:16 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ok I am going deep this time lol. I love ribeyes steaks. Buuuuuut does the price of the steak ensure how good it is or does it depend on how hongry you are like haven't eaten in two weeks hongry !! You go without treeing a coon for a couple months when you finally tree one oh what a glorious occasion. Seen some of those dream dogs struggle down here when the local guys common bred dog treed coon after coon.

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:24 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Falls back on the cook, don’t matter how much it cost if he ain’t a cook then it’s just common.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:37 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I know me and you and several others on here can cook we were taught how by some of the greatest what we are lacking of is enthusiasm by the younger bunch to slide up to the table and eat what we are cooking but I might have one more run left lol. I hunted some of the sorriest dogs known to man when I started these young guys got a lot better dogs to start of with then we had and don't even get me started on the difference in equipment lol.

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:45 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You need to go fishing, I hear catfish and hushpuppies make salads more akin to steaks. Lol. Dave

Old Post 10-14-2017 08:54 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I been waters to hot got them turned off I can't get them to bite tried everything lol.

Old Post 10-14-2017 09:01 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Tar I spent many nights sleeping in the truck cause the dogs got treed out of hearing or I could not get across the river but come daylight they would wake you up when they hit the box and I would head to work, iv lead many dogs out of the woods with a dogwood branch hooked to there coller cause I didn’t have a lead, i could run one down on a deer race and I promise that would be there last deer race LOL, I don’t miss them days but would not trade them for anything either.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-14-2017 09:12 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Oh well, maybe next week! Hows Fred doing? I think that I would like to squirrel hunt in some of those pecan orchards, especially with a good squirrel dog. Dave

Old Post 10-14-2017 09:14 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Right now would be the time to do it Dave nobody hunts squirrels down here much I got two this morning wasent gone long got them soakin in the refrigerator wife won't eat deer but loves squirrel you got me on that one when that water cools off the fish will bite I got plenty in the freezer Fred's got kennel cough I been treating him I learned a long time ago don't hunt them till they are over it or they will relaps.

Old Post 10-14-2017 09:24 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, here come the naysayers trying to crush our dreams. If you don't dream, then you will never have a World Champion. And if you only eat bologna, you will never know what a steak tastes like.
Lol, and you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****, don't matter how much cooker or chef cost. Its been tried over and over,all because some people fall for the crap,only to have their dreams crushed. All because someone paid a lot for something don't make it worth a lot,period. Let's see how long we can keep pulling this scam off before they figure out the truth and just maybe we'll get rich doing it,please. If ya ain't eat on 3 days and someone gives ya some $20 stale crackers,know what kind they ate? Good"en!!! Besides quail is better. Soooo,all y'all folks that got more sense than to pay $1000s of dollars for pups keep your $200 pups at home so them high $ rollers can dream crush ya. That's the difference.

Old Post 10-14-2017 10:01 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Osborne, I too remember the days when we only had beans and taters to eat. My mom could make the best tater soup. Some nights we only had ketchup sandwiches. Try feeding that to these youngsters today. Like you I wouldn't trade those days for anything but I sure wouldn't want to go back to them. They sure do make you appreciate a good steak. Maybe that is the problem with the youngsters of today.

Old Post 10-14-2017 10:04 PM
yadkintar
Banned

We was on kamodities at the end of the month all you had left was that big one gallon can of hominey I cant even swallow it now lol. But boy was life simpler go to the club eat all day on $5.00 I think when I started entry fees were $6.00 club still made enough for trophys it wasent bad memories life was simpler because we didn't expect to much people got there and visited all day.

Just like a few of are doing on here today. Visiting is the most important part of coonhunting it makes everything else happen.

Old Post 10-14-2017 10:18 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tar, you can make him eat it But you can't make him like it.
And whoever said that a good cook could convince a steak man that a slice of bologna was a rib eye steak lied. No matter how you season it as soon as the steak man takes a bite of the bologna he will know that he has been lied to.

Lol, that's the best part of it to some, decieving the hungary. The old my cooks better than yours and they ain't even the cook to start with,Lol. But they want to be. Dream crusher, just plain pup being searched for again that was fried bologna some thought. Kinda reminds me of a great
Dog years ago.

Old Post 10-14-2017 10:24 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Lol, that's the best part of it to some, decieving the hungary. The old my cooks better than yours and they ain't even the cook to start with,Lol. But they want to be. Dream crusher, just plain pup being searched for again that was fried bologna some thought. Kinda reminds me of a great
Dog years ago.

Dang swampy tell it like it is who you mad at you got me wanting to go put him in the Mongolian death lock !!

Oh by the way I am the only one left alive that knows how to apply it lol.

Old Post 10-14-2017 10:51 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Hold on a minute-with skills like that Trump could use you as a secret weapon! Lord knows we could use a few to use in NKorea. P.s. might want to take some of that hominy with you, you could say you thought he was choking if something went wrong with the Mongolian manuever. Lol. Dave

Old Post 10-15-2017 12:01 AM
yadkintar
Banned

I was being diplomatic Dave lol.

Old Post 10-15-2017 12:06 AM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Dang swampy tell it like it is who you mad at you got me wanting to go put him in the Mongolian death lock !!

Oh by the way I am the only one left alive that knows how to apply it lol.

Lol, ain't mad,Tar. no harm intended toward him. Just stating the facts,their not directed at him,just a sounding board. I'm just gonna sit and watch for them filet mei Yong's to show up in the front row. Should make nt chps in under a year and be on cover of magazine after winning big show ole bout 2 yrs old,Lol. I ain't excepting no less being their of such high rolling $$$$ quality,far superior to these others, yea right. Anyway I'm going out on deck and drink some wineeeeeie and eat me some cheesey and pull down my cheapy sunglasseys. already know better.have a goodnight.

Old Post 10-15-2017 12:44 AM
yadkintar
Banned

You know how I like to tell stories I know a guy can afford the best but works at it really hard I talk to him twice a week we tiff on here but it's just for show he puts a picture of puppies on the board so I can pick mine out he is the type of guy that would do anything for anybody just loves the sport but like me if you keep hitting that nerve (well mine is under really thick hide lol) somtimes a man might come off wrong and on here it is hard to tell anyways you know what I mean.

Old Post 10-15-2017 12:58 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Y'all talk to much.. You're gonna ruin the stew

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-15-2017 12:59 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

About time you woke up now I can go to bed lol.

Old Post 10-15-2017 01:09 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Before you go to bed, let me know what we are eating? Stew, salad, steak, catfish or what? Don't matter to me, I can eat anything ( and do ). Horse stepped on my foot this week, so I am holed up. Hope to be back in the woods next week. Lol. Dave

Old Post 10-15-2017 01:17 AM