UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New light opinions
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Re: double death!

quote:
Originally posted by critter
Got one on the way.Hope you all are right!

Please give us your thoughts after you try it out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2017 05:06 AM
Budly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Budly Click here to Send Budly a Private Message Click Here to Email Budly Find more posts by Budly Add Budly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

ok

Will do,good or bad.hopefully all good!

Old Post 10-05-2017 04:58 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lukeimhof
UKC Forum Member

reaper double death

i just got my double death last week i had the sunspot horizon before i am more than happy with the double death, fantastic walk light and the brightest colors on the market, great burn time out of it as well. if the coon is there the double death will find it!

Old Post 10-06-2017 11:35 AM
lukeimhof is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lukeimhof Click here to Send lukeimhof a Private Message Click Here to Email lukeimhof Find more posts by lukeimhof Add lukeimhof to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: light

quote:
Originally posted by Chad Francis
Big Dog makes a great light. Very light plenty bright and the best color for me. The balance is perfect and If you can't find the coon with a big dog light it's not there.

This is actually one of the Lights I have never seen in Operation in the Woods.
But I have noticed that you Never see a used one on here 4-sale.....?
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 10-08-2017 03:56 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: ok

quote:
Will do,good or bad.hopefully all good!

Have you received your Double Death yet ?
If so, have you used it and how you like it ?
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-08-2017 06:11 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

Still waiting

Been a week today,hoping it still comes today.

Old Post 10-09-2017 08:07 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

got it

Ordered the Double Death on 10-2,finally got it on Friday the 13th.Absolutely worth the wait!Worries,the weight,balence,confort ,more than 1 switch.After 10 minutes in the woods,NO WORRIES!One word description,AWESOME! Nuff said.

Old Post 10-14-2017 06:07 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: got it

quote:
Ordered the Double Death on 10-2,finally got it on Friday the 13th.Absolutely worth the wait!Worries,the weight,balence,confort ,more than 1 switch.After 10 minutes in the woods,NO WORRIES!One word description,AWESOME! Nuff said.

That's Great......Glad you like your DD......
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-15-2017 02:44 AM
Maves 22
UKC Forum Member

Who has the longest burn time , I like cap lights but in the fall I use a belt light because they have much longer burn times would like to find a cap light with a longer burn time

Grnitch'Pr' Like no Dawn J

Grnitch Pr' Maves' Nightmare Ms. Monster 2012 Top 100

Grnitch GRCH'Pr' Rebels War Cry 2015 Top 100

'Pr' M&S' Big Rig

'Pr' M&S' War Smoke

Cody Maves
715 579 2187

Old Post 10-15-2017 03:31 PM
Maves 22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maves 22 Click here to Send Maves 22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Maves 22 Find more posts by Maves 22 Add Maves 22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I get disappointed in these light post and somewhat confused. I just got done Gator Hunting for five nights in a row. We had three lights in the boat and we hunted pretty much all night every night. We had a bright white led that I have wired to my power plug on the boat. This LED is one from the lights a couple years ago. It is bright and shines great till you compare it to the newer versions. If it was the only light out there you would be amazed with it, especially if you didnt have one of the newer LEDs to compare it two. The other two lights were a dedomed warm white color light and the dedomed white LED. Put them both on a woodline not far away and the white one is impressive. So impressive it gives the owners the impression its the brightest light out there. Truth is the dedomed warm white light without a doubt out performs the white light hands down in my opinion and how I see things. Three other guys in the boat that were not familar with lights and it was obvious which one they wanted use. If i had just gave them one of the lights they would have raved about it.

Old Post 10-15-2017 04:43 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights....

quote:
Originally posted by Maves 22
Who has the longest burn time , I like cap lights but in the fall I use a belt light because they have much longer burn times would like to find a cap light with a longer burn time

You are in luck.....there are Several Caplights out there that you won't run down from just one night of hunting, most you won't run down from several nights of hunting....UNLESS you go thru the woods with it cranked up on high.

Laser Torch Pro= 7 hours on highest setting
Bushwhacker Pro= 6 hours on high
Brighteyes Double Death 5-6 hours on high
Boss SE = 3.5-4 hours on high
Some others are 2.5 to 3 hours on high, which is still plenty of Burntime.

Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-15-2017 05:06 PM
Ray Watson
UKC Forum Member

How much is the double death reaper?

Old Post 10-16-2017 12:51 AM
Ray Watson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Watson Click here to Send Ray Watson a Private Message Find more posts by Ray Watson Add Ray Watson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

DD Reaper....

quote:
Originally posted by Ray Watson
How much is the double death reaper?

It's $340 if you get the double Burntime......$325 for regular Burntime.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 10-16-2017 at 02:05 AM

Old Post 10-16-2017 01:59 AM
Maves 22
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Grnitch'Pr' Like no Dawn J

Grnitch Pr' Maves' Nightmare Ms. Monster 2012 Top 100

Grnitch GRCH'Pr' Rebels War Cry 2015 Top 100

'Pr' M&S' Big Rig

'Pr' M&S' War Smoke

Cody Maves
715 579 2187

Old Post 10-16-2017 05:58 AM
Maves 22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maves 22 Click here to Send Maves 22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Maves 22 Find more posts by Maves 22 Add Maves 22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHC's Walkers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
Several options for good lights out there today. Boss, Sunspot, Big Dog, Superior, Bright Eyes, all great lights. You just gotta try them out and see which one is best for you. What puts the Reaper Double Death at the top for me is the main beam. I want a light that has a good white walk light, and two colors like red and amber. Sunspot has a great walk light and two colors but it's main beam is the soft white color. I know a lot of guys like that but I don't. I cant see detail nearly as well in big tall trees in the winter time with the soft white light. I like a bright white main beam and the Double Death has that along with the other options that I mentioned above.

Thank you. How big round is the bezel of the head? Is it a heavy head & battery?

Old Post 10-17-2017 02:19 AM
SHC's Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHC's Walkers Click here to Send SHC's Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by SHC's Walkers Add SHC's Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHC's Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Wow!! I didn't expect to get this many replies. Thanks for everyone's opinions. I'm planning on going with the double death reaper of it Co eat in a cap light & isn't too awful heavy.

Old Post 10-17-2017 02:25 AM
SHC's Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHC's Walkers Click here to Send SHC's Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by SHC's Walkers Add SHC's Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Reaper DD....

quote:
Originally posted by SHC's Walkers
Wow!! I didn't expect to get this many replies. Thanks for everyone's opinions. I'm planning on going with the double death reaper of it Co eat in a cap light & isn't too awful heavy.

It's not any heavier than other Caplights that are available.
The Amber on the DD is absolutely Awesome.....!!!
The Walklight is one of the Best that is out there.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-17-2017 02:54 AM
critter
UKC Forum Member

hard hat

quote:
Originally posted by SHC's Walkers
Just a suggestion,if you have trouble wearing a cap light I would suggest ordering it on a ridgeline hard hat.The soft cap with the liner seems to set higher on the head and feels like it may fall off when trying to lookup while shining a tree.Other than that a great light,

Old Post 10-17-2017 05:37 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I get disappointed in these light post and somewhat confused. I just got done Gator Hunting for five nights in a row. We had three lights in the boat and we hunted pretty much all night every night. We had a bright white led that I have wired to my power plug on the boat. This LED is one from the lights a couple years ago. It is bright and shines great till you compare it to the newer versions. If it was the only light out there you would be amazed with it, especially if you didnt have one of the newer LEDs to compare it two. The other two lights were a dedomed warm white color light and the dedomed white LED. Put them both on a woodline not far away and the white one is impressive. So impressive it gives the owners the impression its the brightest light out there. Truth is the dedomed warm white light without a doubt out performs the white light hands down in my opinion and how I see things. Three other guys in the boat that were not familar with lights and it was obvious which one they wanted use. If i had just gave them one of the lights they would have raved about it.

That's always been my point that nobody seems to get.
Warm White light is far superior to the 'brightest White light{s}' on the planet...... in the Coon hunting world.

Old Post 10-18-2017 03:32 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
That's always been my point that nobody seems to get.
Warm White light is far superior to the 'brightest White light{s}' on the planet...... in the Coon hunting world.

The warm white is only superior if the CRI is higher.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 10-18-2017 04:03 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

I am primarily a daytime coon hunter so I am not a professional when it comes to light. I do a little predator calling and used a lot of red lights in the old days and now using more green when using colored lens.
I will say that the Elusive Wildlife Technologies Kill Light (headlamp) is all that I ever need for coon hunting. Focus from very wide to extremely tight and high, medium and low setting. With the charging system, batteries, light all for $70.00, tough to beat a deal like that.
I am not a competition hunter so I don't need to spend $300-$400 on a light. I would rather spend on dog food or ammunition....
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 10-18-2017 05:48 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Roberson
I am primarily a daytime coon hunter so I am not a professional when it comes to light. I do a little predator calling and used a lot of red lights in the old days and now using more green when using colored lens.
I will say that the Elusive Wildlife Technologies Kill Light (headlamp) is all that I ever need for coon hunting. Focus from very wide to extremely tight and high, medium and low setting. With the charging system, batteries, light all for $70.00, tough to beat a deal like that.
I am not a competition hunter so I don't need to spend $300-$400 on a light. I would rather spend on dog food or ammunition....
Adios,
Gary

Gary I know the light you are talking about, I used to do some business with those guys. A lot of it is the terrain you hunt. In most of the coon hunting world the trees are a lot taller then where you are. Requiring a lot brighter light.

As far as the warmer light vs the more white light Sam is correct. It's only better for detail if it's one with a good CRI. The only "yellow lights" that are brighter than the other more white leds are the ones that have been dedomed. It takes some of the ambient light and concentrates it to the spot giving it a higher lux reading. Currently they do not have an led that can give you as high of a lux reading ( in the same reflector) as the same model led in a non dedomed or flat dome led. It's all about preference and what you like. Well over 90% of my costumers like the color and brightness of the dedomed leds better. Sam's costumers seem to like the more white led. Like the song says. It takes all kinds of kinds.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-18-2017 07:46 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Michael, you are correct, the trees where I prefer to hunt are 20 feet tall as they are mesquite and live oak. I could hunt along the creeks and rivers but coons typically don't run there, just pop up a tree and that ain't my style.
Some of the big pecan trees along the San Saba River are over 50 feet tall and they will have a lot of vegetation unless winter months. Another reason that I don't like to hunt there.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 10-18-2017 08:05 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I hunted that area a few times when I lived down there. Way different country for sure. A 50 foot tree here would be a bush. I enjoyed Hunting down there was fun, it was just a lot different than what I'm used to.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-18-2017 08:23 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Where did you live down here???
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 10-18-2017 09:13 PM