UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Trespassing?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

No attacking going on from me, that’s why there was a laughing face Dave. There was no need for me to add anything. As usual, you gave plenty of advice. Although, I have been wrongly written up for trespassing, but not in OH. My situation was many years ago. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings Dave. I was simply joking. I’ll leave this thread as a “safe space”. 😉

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-26-2024 09:25 AM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

My advice would be, start saving your pennies. I'm in Ohio and have owned or operated a butcher shop for 31 years. And have worked at another deer shop part time for 20 years. I've seen several deer get confiscated for this very reason. I've never seen anyone get the deer back, every one of them lost there license and most had to pay trophy costs.

Joe Levan

Old Post 02-26-2024 09:50 AM
Joseph L. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph L. Click here to Send Joseph L. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph L. Find more posts by Joseph L. Add Joseph L. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Boondok Kennels
No attacking going on from me, that’s why there was a laughing face Dave. There was no need for me to add anything. As usual, you gave plenty of advice. Although, I have been wrongly written up for trespassing, but not in OH. My situation was many years ago. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings Dave. I was simply joking. I’ll leave this thread as a “safe space”. 😉

Bob, You did not hurt my feelings in the least. Any info I gave Trevor was just that info he could use or ignore. I understood Trevors frustration regarding what happened to him, but having gotten a attorney he should listen to that attorney. NO need for him to post on social media as anything he says could be used against him in the future. Sometimes ones emotions gets the best of them. I hope every thing works out for the best with Trevor. Jealously causes a lot of problems in the hunting arena and we need to stay united not bickering among ourselves. Trespassing has to be done willingly in Ohio and all states for a trespassing charge to be valid. While I do not know ALL the facts based on Trevors account he DID NOT willingly trespass. There were no clear property lines for him to willingly trespass. Property survey may even indicate he was on his own land. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-26-2024 at 10:03 AM

Old Post 02-26-2024 10:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

I was in a cast at Butler county, Ohio Coonhunter’s club. Dean Grubb was the guide , 1990/91 . The entire cast was arrested and charged with criminal trespass. I was arrested (not booked, not charged because I was a minor ) and was released with Dean Grubb , with my grand parent’s permission. Dean was the only guy that could post his bond! Guide knew he wasn’t allowed to be there , we did not ! I don’t know what they pled guilty to, but they paid fines.

Land in Ohio doesn’t have to be posted, everybody has said I thought so and so owns it, land owners try to run you off state ground here, because they own two acres beside the state ground. People shoot other people , cleaning their guns or didn’t know it was loaded, still get charged .

Last edited by ScottCK 6 on 02-26-2024 at 03:14 PM

Old Post 02-26-2024 01:09 PM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ScottCK 6
I was in a cast at Butler county, Ohio Coonhunter’s club. Dean Grubb was the guide , 1990/91 . The entire cast was arrested and charged with criminal trespass. I was arrested (not booked, not charged because I was a minor ) and was released with Dean Grubb , with my grand parent’s permission. Dean was the only guy that could post his bond! Guide knew he wasn’t allowed to be there , we did not ! I don’t know what they pled guilty to, but they paid fines.

Land in Ohio doesn’t have to be posted, everybody has said I thought so and so owns it, land owners try to run you off state ground here, because they own two acres beside the state ground. People shoot other people , cleaning their guns or didn’t know it was loaded, still get charged .

You make several valid points Scott. Most the people fron your example I'd venture to say, did not fight the charge. Meaning they did not seek legal assistance. Also, being charged is one thing. Being found guilty is another.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-27-2024 02:46 AM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

All I’m saying is , “not knowing “ doesn’t release anyone from responsibility. Good luck !

Old Post 02-27-2024 10:27 AM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
All I’m saying is , “not knowing “ doesn’t release anyone from responsibility. Good luck !

Maybe in a wildlife officers opinion. However, the law specifically states "knowingly".

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-27-2024 03:42 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

Ok, I’ll say it this way , someone “saying” they didn’t know is not a viable defense . It’s used in most offenses.

Old Post 02-28-2024 06:49 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trespassing

quote:
Ok, I’ll say it this way , someone “saying” they didn’t know is not a viable defense . It’s used in most offenses.

Scott, do you know what due process means? In short at this point Trevor has not been charged with trespassing and even if he gets charged, he will have his day in court. Everyone is entitled to due process and are considered innocent until proven guilty. In the absence of defined property lines proving he knowingly trespassed will be very difficult. I wish Trevor the best. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-28-2024 at 10:40 PM

Old Post 02-28-2024 10:31 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

Re: Trespassing

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Scott, do you know what due process means? In short at this point Trevor has not been charged with trespassing and even if he gets charged, he will have his day in court. Everyone is entitled to due process and are considered innocent until proven guilty. In the absence of defined property lines proving he knowingly trespasses will be very difficult. I wish Trevor the best. Dave
Absolutely do Dave, I’m not accusing of anything , said it numerous times that I’m rooting for him, he posted the law , all I’m saying is not knowing is not going to work! You should know that Dave.

You’re wrong on the property lines , they are readily available on Huntstand app, Huntstand Garmin maps , County website , maybe lost in the woods you end up lost or running from an attacker , get some place you shouldn’t be . However in this situation , wildlife officer are saying it was on other peoples land, that’s their position . But , under this situation the responsibility lies with the hunter to know the land boundaries , even in his initial post , he stated his family owned couple hundred acres in that block. So , he has knowledge of the area! Last thing if the deer was on other place , it’s an uphill battle , the drone is gonna be the problem. If that operator went with him, he’s just as culpable . When someone posts something for debate, should be ready for honest opinion, why lie about it , that’s not doing anybody any good. For the last time I hope it works out for Trevor.

Last edited by ScottCK 6 on 02-28-2024 at 11:13 PM

Old Post 02-28-2024 10:49 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Trespassing

quote:
Absolutely do Dave, I’m not accusing of anything , said it numerous times that I’m rooting for him, he posted the law , all I’m saying is not knowing is not going to work! You should know that Dave.

You’re wrong on the property lines , they are readily available on Huntstand app, Huntstand Garmin maps , County website , maybe lost in the woods you end up lost or running from an attacker , get some place you shouldn’t be . However in this situation , wildlife officer are saying it was on other peoples land, that’s their position . But , under this situation the responsibility lies with the hunter to know the land boundaries , even in his initial post , he stated his family owned couple hundred acres in that block. So , he has knowledge of the area! Last thing if the deer was on other place , it’s an uphill battle , the drone is gonna be the problem. If that operator went with him, he’s just as culpable . When someone posts something for debate, should be ready for honest opinion, why lie about it , that’s not doing anybody any good. For the last time I hope it works out for Trevor.

Scott, that's why we have courts to determine ones guilt or innocence. Opinions mean nothing. You, me and most everyone that coons hunts have trespassed without even knowing it following our dogs and crossing unseen or unmarked property lines. Just to be clear, I do not agree with your statement regarding property lines that are NOT clearly marked. I respect your opinion, but do not agree with you. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-28-2024 at 11:45 PM

Old Post 02-28-2024 11:42 PM
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

10-4

Old Post 02-28-2024 11:49 PM
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Few years ago buddy of mine coon hunted land with written permission, before all the GPS, not knowing the dogs crossed property line only by a few yards. He was found guilty of trespassing, there was no posted signs or visible fence. The game warden said he saw boot marks on property, no snow, frost must been a tracker from way back

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 02-29-2024 12:54 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Ask Donald J. Trump about due process, the courts are a joke

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 02-29-2024 01:00 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
Few years ago buddy of mine coon hunted land with written permission, before all the GPS, not knowing the dogs crossed property line only by a few yards. He was found guilty of trespassing, there was no posted signs or visible fence. The game warden said he saw boot marks on property, no snow, frost must been a tracker from way back

Cheyenne, every case is based on its own merits. At times the cost of legal fees outweigh the cost of a small fine. Pleading guilty and paying a fine may be the cheapest option and some may choose this route. However, that does not mean they would lose in a court of law should they get legal help and fight the charge. Everyone has to make their own choices and decide what's best for themselves. Sometimes it is just economics not who is right or wrong. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-29-2024 at 01:54 PM

Old Post 02-29-2024 01:09 PM
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: Trespassing?

What ever happened, did you get the deer back?

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 04-18-2024 01:53 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote