UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Mtn Cur Color
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Dont allot of beatty dogs show quite a bit of white?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-26-2013 12:07 AM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

Actually...

quote:
Originally posted by tn russ
Dont allot of beatty dogs show quite a bit of white?

....Al Medcalf has one named "Wilder"... White-headed as best I recall and heavy Beaty-bred....

Old Post 07-26-2013 01:07 AM
mdmorrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdmorrison Click here to Send mdmorrison a Private Message Click Here to Email mdmorrison Visit mdmorrison's homepage! Find more posts by mdmorrison Add mdmorrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

And if streak was half feist, would he have looked allot like dottie? Just wandering? Lol i aint taking up for streak dogs or putting them down. Hes probably in the ped of all my dogs. I wouldnt think much of anyone who would hang papers on a dog. That kind of fraud lasts for years. Ive been asked for puppy papers myself, but they didnt get them or any more business from me. Theirs some great guys involved in these curs , some i dont agree with or like their dogs much but i do respect anyone who tries to improve the dogs . Or preserve the good uns

Old Post 07-26-2013 01:45 AM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lingarcur
Heres some pics i hope they work

those pups look a lot like the brittany spaniels I raised back in the 70's,see one is even pointing.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 07-29-2013 08:30 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

What are those out of jt?

Old Post 07-30-2013 12:20 AM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tn russ
What are those out of jt?

guess i didn't make that post clear. those aren't my britts-
they are lingarcur's pups.
my britts I was refering to were out of chopper & chass
don't have any pic's or I would post them.
my sandy fiest female looks a lot like the big fe. with lingars pup in first pic.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 07-30-2013 03:30 AM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

Curs that look like feist, curs that look like brittanies, curs that look like black labs, curs that look like plotts, when will the madness end!!!! Lol....

Old Post 07-30-2013 03:59 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lingarcur
UKC Forum Member

No briit fiest or jackrussell that i know of in atleast four generations on this pup in the picture this cross has been made several times and this if the first time this much white has ever croped out go figure but he'll make one heck of a squirrel dog even if he's half of what the other litters have made lol.

Old Post 07-31-2013 12:25 AM
Lingarcur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lingarcur Click here to Send Lingarcur a Private Message Click Here to Email Lingarcur Find more posts by Lingarcur Add Lingarcur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orchidhunter
Banned

Bubbas, Color Matters Not

Dear Bubbas, there was a time when the Mtn. Cur came in any color of the rainbow or any combo there of. In that day in time color was not high on breeders list of what to breed for. Back in the day, small game hunters liked dogs with alot of white on them where as to make them better to see in the woods, be it day or night, big game hunters wanted their dogs to be dark in color as to be harder for the Bears, Hogs, and Cats to see at the bay. The Famous Dog Man says, "when breeding, try to keep color on the ears, and around the eys, what color, matters not" , so says the Famous Dog Man, and yes the season never ends on Big Sand Mtn.

Old Post 07-31-2013 01:07 PM
orchidhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orchidhunter Find more posts by orchidhunter Add orchidhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdmorrison
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bubbas, Color Matters Not

quote:
Originally posted by orchidhunter
Dear Bubbas, there was a time when the Mtn. Cur came in any color of the rainbow or any combo there of. In that day in time color was not high on breeders list of what to breed for. Back in the day, small game hunters liked dogs with alot of white on them where as to make them better to see in the woods, be it day or night, big game hunters wanted their dogs to be dark in color as to be harder for the Bears, Hogs, and Cats to see at the bay. The Famous Dog Man says, "when breeding, try to keep color on the ears, and around the eys, what color, matters not" , so says the Famous Dog Man, and yes the season never ends on Big Sand Mtn.

Post up some photos of your and Ole FDM's curs so we can check out their colors.........

Mark.

Old Post 07-31-2013 01:51 PM
mdmorrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdmorrison Click here to Send mdmorrison a Private Message Click Here to Email mdmorrison Visit mdmorrison's homepage! Find more posts by mdmorrison Add mdmorrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

There's an invitation that will never be accepted!

Old Post 07-31-2013 08:18 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote