UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Diamond Dog Food
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

i feed diamond naturals extreme athlete and love it.

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2011 12:28 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Hi-Standard Dog Food

quote:
Originally posted by tmlyon
I tried Diamond several times but never had any good results with their products.

I have been feeding Hi-Standard for the last three years and the price is great. In fact I gave a sample to US government FBI agent and he sent it to a US Government forensic person.

The forensic person broke it down under a micro scope and said that this is best dog food on the market. They compared it over 20 different kinds and it came out on top.

They are feeding it to all the sniff dogs at the airport and the all the k-9 patrol dogs.

In my area it is going for $25.00 per bag unless you buy a pallet than it is $23.00 per bag.

Good Luck

Too funny. LOL!! Please explain to me what a forensics person knows about animal nutrition.

If it has corn in it, it is JUNK and is hurting your dog.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...
GRNITECH Hawk's Traxx Attack X Stylish Pete/ Wipeout Female

Old Post 02-08-2011 01:43 PM
Traxx Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traxx Addict Click here to Send Traxx Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Traxx Addict Add Traxx Addict to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hi-Standard Dog Food

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
Please explain to me what a forensics person knows about animal nutrition.

More than you do would be my guess.

Old Post 02-08-2011 02:50 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Regan H
UKC Forum Member

corn Traxx

traxx this may blow your mine but when I was a kid I made my own dog food and it was ground corn mostly. I bought a recipe from Richard McDuffy Of the lep. curs. I think the dogs did better on that than on com. dog food and they didn't over heat in the summer nether. I also boiled coons and added corn, rolled oats [oat mill] and some vitm. the dogs did great on it. So somethimes I think the corn thing is a sells pitch to get you to buy their.

Old Post 02-08-2011 06:54 PM
Regan H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Regan H Click here to Send Regan H a Private Message Click Here to Email Regan H Find more posts by Regan H Add Regan H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: corn Traxx

quote:
Originally posted by Regan H
traxx this may blow your mine but when I was a kid I made my own dog food and it was ground corn mostly. I bought a recipe from Richard McDuffy Of the lep. curs. I think the dogs did better on that than on com. dog food and they didn't over heat in the summer nether. I also boiled coons and added corn, rolled oats [oat mill] and some vitm. the dogs did great on it. So somethimes I think the corn thing is a sells pitch to get you to buy their.

Sorry..but I make a living studying animal nutrition. Corn is USELESS for a dog.

Their digestive system isn't made to digest a corn based diet. it stresses their kidneys and digestive system and is the culprit behind many of the kidney related deaths of dogs.

Corn is only 6-8 % protein at best. To get their junk feed to 20+% protein, they have to add "by products" such as chicken feathers, hair, hooves, etc. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand that eating hooves, feathers and hair isn't natural and by the time the dogs kidneys get done breaking down that feed, they are only getting 8-10% protein at best.

People hate to hear the truth and accept the fact that if they are feeding a junk feed that is hurting their dog and possibly shortening their life.

Common sense says a diet based on meat and real , digestible protein is more natural and healthier for a dog than a diet based on corn, feathers, hair, etc.

If folks can understand that, how do they make it thru everyday life?? It isn't rocket science. It is common sense.

Feed corn to chickens, hogs and cows. Feed MEAT and REAL PROTEIN to dogs.

God made them that way for a reason.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-08-2011 09:08 PM
Traxx Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Traxx Addict Click here to Send Traxx Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Traxx Addict Add Traxx Addict to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Hi-Standard Dog Food

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedogman
More than you do would be my guess.

I doubt it. What's wrong BLUEDOGMAN....Too ignorant, stingy, and lazy to feed a decent dog feed? Hate the facts being laid out in simple, every day terminology?

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-08-2011 09:10 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I fed Diamond Extreme Athlete to my bitch starting 4 weeks after she was bred and continued until she weaned her pups. I started her pups out on EA and that is all they have ever had in their feeder. The bitch was hog fat all through her prenacy and stayed just as fat all through the 5 weeks she nursed her pups. And the pups are fat as any I have ever had. But they are now going on 12 weeks old and blowing through a bag a week at $30.00 a bag. Sorry pups but the gravy train is over. After they finish this last bag of EA, they go on the cheap stuff. There is a point where economics have to take over.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-08-2011 09:31 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: corn Traxx

quote:

Feed corn to chickens, hogs and cows.

They didnt evolve on corn either......just 'sayin

Old Post 02-08-2011 10:04 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmlyon
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hi-Standard Dog Food

quote:
Too funny. LOL!! Please explain to me what a forensics person knows about animal nutrition.

If it has corn in it, it is JUNK and is hurting your dog.

This person could take a sample of your blood and tell you exactly what you ate the day before and she does all of her own vet work on her animals, plus she tells the doctors what wrong with herself when she is sick.

I get a kick out how you say corn is bad for a dog. When I lived on the farm all of our dogs got corn, oats, and some calf pellets to eat and not one of those dogs died before they where 18 years old. I never had one over heat or lay down on me. They all hunted up to 16 years of age.

Good luck.

Old Post 02-09-2011 03:12 AM
tmlyon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmlyon Click here to Send tmlyon a Private Message Click Here to Email tmlyon Visit tmlyon's homepage! Find more posts by tmlyon Add tmlyon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
There is a point where economics have to take over.

If that was the case all you would feed was Diamond Extreme Athlete.

A young pup shouldn't eat more than one cup a day. No matter how you do the math, it takes less Diamond EA to sustain a dog than it does the cheap, corn based feeds.

Less feed per serving = making feed last longer= less money spent.

I am feeding 4 dogs right now and I can make a bag of Diamond EA last nearly as long as 2 50# bags of the cheap feed I used to abuse my dogs with.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-09-2011 04:22 AM
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Hi-Standard Dog Food

quote:
Originally posted by tmlyon
This person could take a sample of your blood and tell you exactly what you ate the day before and she does all of her own vet work on her animals, plus she tells the doctors what wrong with herself when she is sick.

I get a kick out how you say corn is bad for a dog. When I lived on the farm all of our dogs got corn, oats, and some calf pellets to eat and not one of those dogs died before they where 18 years old. I never had one over heat or lay down on me. They all hunted up to 16 years of age.

Good luck.

Please explain to me where this "forensics expert" got their animal nutrition degree from.

I also believe the story that every dog you owned lived to be 18.....and I have some oceanfront property here in Tennessee for $500/acre.

Does your mommy know you are on the internet this late by yourself?

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-09-2011 04:25 AM
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Re: Re: corn Traxx

quote:
Originally posted by josh
They didnt evolve on corn either......just 'sayin

Corn is no different that acorns from a tree.

If you want to deny sound scientific facts and keep feeding a feed to your dog that costs you more money over time, while slowly destroying your dogs kidneys and health....GO FOR IT.

Better feed fed=Less feed fed=money saved

Pretty simple.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-09-2011 04:28 AM
l.lyle
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: corn Traxx

quote:
...GO FOR IT.

Better feed fed=Less feed fed=money saved

Pretty simple.

Lobster @ 25$ vs chicken necks and backs @ 35cent? Care to re-evaluate the $ saved thing?

Old Post 02-09-2011 09:36 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: corn Traxx

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
Lobster @ 25$ vs chicken necks and backs @ 35cent? Care to re-evaluate the $ saved thing?

I thought we were talking dog food?

How much simpler can I make it Mr. Lyle??

When you feed a true meat based feed you feed 1/3 to 1/2 of the amount of feed to keep your dogs in the same shape that you would of the corn based "junk".

At the same time you are NOT poisoning their kidneys and stressing their digestive systems. Ever heard of Aflotoxins killing dogs because of MOLDY CORN??

Why is this so hard for you to understand?? You pay $10/more a bag and it lasts nearly twice as long as the Corn based feed. Do I need to get a 8 year old to do the math for you??

One question....Are you an alcoholic or on any medication while posting on here?

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Last edited by Traxx Addict on 02-09-2011 at 01:17 PM

Old Post 02-09-2011 01:13 PM
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: corn Traxx

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle

2nd grade math: 5-6 cups a day of cheap feed($20 per bag) vs. 3 cups of quality feed($30 per bag) Not too hard to figure out that the bag costs more but the feedings cost less or at the least equal.

Old Post 02-09-2011 01:14 PM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: corn Traxx

quote:
Originally posted by ahinsch
2nd grade math: 5-6 cups a day of cheap feed($20 per bag) vs. 3 cups of quality feed($30 per bag) Not too hard to figure out that the bag costs more but the feedings cost less or at the least equal.

Common Sense and 3rd grade math isn't a strong suit for Mr. Lyle.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-09-2011 01:19 PM
Houndhuntin
UKC Forum Member

Let me tell you guys something Traxx knows what he is talking about here, you want to take an listen. Most our problems with buying feed is that you sont want to spend the intial $$ to buy the better feed. But in the long run your hounds look and are doing better and your pocket book is ding better. Most of us just see whats in front of our face.

Old Post 02-09-2011 02:13 PM
Houndhuntin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Houndhuntin Click here to Send Houndhuntin a Private Message Click Here to Email Houndhuntin Find more posts by Houndhuntin Add Houndhuntin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Houndhuntin
Let me tell you guys something Traxx knows what he is talking about here, you want to take an listen. Most our problems with buying feed is that you sont want to spend the intial $$ to buy the better feed. But in the long run your hounds look and are doing better and your pocket book is ding better. Most of us just see whats in front of our face.
Traxx is just one the more recent fakes to join the ranks of this board. I wouldn't put a great amount of confidence in his advise about animal nutrition.

Old Post 02-09-2011 03:31 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COYOTE-HUNTER
UKC Forum Member

I do not buy the top dollar feed made expensive buy the "elite coonhunting world" But the feed that I am feeding must work well. I run my dogs 4-5 days a week and at times up to 8 hrs a day in almost waist deep snow. They are in great shape, full of energy, run all day, never tire, and ready for the next.

Old Post 02-09-2011 03:54 PM
COYOTE-HUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COYOTE-HUNTER Click here to Send COYOTE-HUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email COYOTE-HUNTER Find more posts by COYOTE-HUNTER Add COYOTE-HUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by COYOTE-HUNTER
I do not buy the top dollar feed made expensive buy the "elite coonhunting world" But the feed that I am feeding must work well. I run my dogs 4-5 days a week and at times up to 8 hrs a day in almost waist deep snow. They are in great shape, full of energy, run all day, never tire, and ready for the next.

I don't doubt what you are saying one bit. Fact is, thousands of dogs hunt hard on a regular basis while being fed Ole Roy, Dog Chow and and a whole host of other grain based econo foods. So there is plenty of undeniable fact that those feeds can and do sustain hard working dogs. Are the premium foods better? I'm sure they are. Are they alot better? I think so. Do you have to feed them to get good results? Absolutely not.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-09-2011 04:17 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedogman
Traxx is just one the more recent fakes to join the ranks of this board. I wouldn't put a great amount of confidence in his advise about animal nutrition.

Keep that head buried to your neck in your sphincter. Ignorance is bliss

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-09-2011 08:29 PM
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:

What you wont see, until it is too late, is the damage and stress breaking down and digesting corn and protein by products has done to your dog.

Maybe you have one of those one in a million dogs that is genetically able to digest corn and chicken feathers efficiently with no damage to their kidneys.

Only time will tell. Your odds arent that good.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Old Post 02-09-2011 08:32 PM
Traxx Addict
Banned

quote:
I do not buy the top dollar feed made expensive buy the "elite coonhunting world"

Good grief folks....Did anyone here graduate 8th grade??

When you feed better feed, you feed LESS of it.

I can take a $34 bag of Diamond Extreme athlete and make it last nearly as long as 2-50#, $25 bags of Black Diamond, Hi-Standard, PRIDE or the other junk corn based slop they pawn off as dog food.

Okay class...Lets do the math.

One 40#bag of DIAMOND EA 32/50 = $34

Two 50# bags of CORN BASED JUNK = $50

One bag of Diamond EA lasts as long as 1.5 bags of CORN BASED JUNK.

It is costing you $37.50 to feed dogs the junk for the same amount of time one bag of $34 Diamond EA would last.

The last time I checked, that ends up with a savings of $3.50 for feeding your dogs DIAMOND EA.

Not to mention the health benefits you are giving your dog.

I SAVE MONEY BY FEEDING BETTER FEED. YOU WOULD TOO IF YOU WOULDN'T BE SO PROUD, ARROGANT, AND UNABLE TO ADMIT YOU AREN'T DOING RIGHT BY YOUR DOGS AND BUY BETTER FEED.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Last edited by Traxx Addict on 02-09-2011 at 08:41 PM

Old Post 02-09-2011 08:36 PM
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

I'm starting on my second week of feeding Extreme Athlete after being loyal to Pro-Plan for several years, 4Health most recently. A couple of my hard keepers are looking a little heavier on it than the Performance 4Health blend, but I won't make my final decision on whether to continue using it for a few more bags. I've had generally good results with 4Health, with my dogs keeping a muscle tone I never saw with Pro-Plan. I like that it has no corn, wheat, or soy as well.

My only gripe thus far with EA is that I gave the hound I keep indoors about 1/4 a cup with his regular 4Health food last night, thinking I may switch him over. Long story short, I was up all night running him in and out because of severe diarrhea. Maybe it just didn't sit well with him, but I doubt he'll be eating the EA from now on.

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 02-09-2011 10:07 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by cwest
junk dogs went off feed lots of crap switched to ultra better bang for the buck

Thanks for ur input.

Old Post 02-09-2011 10:11 PM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote