UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cur in the hound hunt?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aritt Davis
UKC Forum Member

Cur in the hound hunt?

Is it possible? How would he be registered? Just curious

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2010 03:27 AM
Aritt Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aritt Davis Click here to Send Aritt Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Aritt Davis Find more posts by Aritt Davis Add Aritt Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
triker
UKC Forum Member

its not going to happen.just ask the hound guys.thanks ron

GRCH GRNTCH CARGILLS JEWELL

Old Post 03-14-2010 03:52 AM
triker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for triker Click here to Send triker a Private Message Click Here to Email triker Find more posts by triker Add triker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aritt Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by triker
its not going to happen.just ask the hound guys.thanks ron

Why is that?

Can't you hunt a cross breed in it?

Old Post 03-14-2010 04:05 AM
Aritt Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aritt Davis Click here to Send Aritt Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Aritt Davis Find more posts by Aritt Davis Add Aritt Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

UKC recognizes six breeds of hounds. A dog must be registered in one of these six breeds: Bluetick, Walker, Plott, Redbone, English, and Black n Tan. Things would have to change, drastically for a seventh to be added.
Right now the magic number is six. I don't know about other registries, or how they work.

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:02 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clint Welsh
UKC Forum Member

You forgot to add the Leopard

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:07 AM
Clint Welsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clint Welsh Click here to Send Clint Welsh a Private Message Click Here to Email Clint Welsh Find more posts by Clint Welsh Add Clint Welsh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clint Welsh

I didn't know that Leopards were recognized as a hound breed. I know UKC has several breeds in thier registry, but only 6 as hounds. If this is wrong, help me out. I've been wrong before: Twice I think; maby three times. lol!!

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:32 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keithbluemoon
UKC Forum Member

I had one

in my cast last year at the BBCHA Spring Hunt!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Clint Welsh

KEITH SWICK BBOA Zone 4 Chairman, BBCHA Ohio State Rep. OSSDA Rep. Home 1-740-967-5585 /1-740-817-1148 CELL Crystal Springs Blue Moon R.I.P my best friend Moon your in Heaven Middle Fork Bl. Jet My first Bluetick I was only 15 and didnt know what I had!!! and Smiley's Blue Kate I will see in Heaven/ BUBBA I will see you in heaven thanks for all the good times!!! /2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2013 Performance Sire Nite Ch Tuna Valley Blue Bubba/ Ch S and H Mid Ohio Babe / Swick's Blue Moon Bam Bam/ Nite Champion Grand Ch Swick's Blue Moon Rhiannon And coming soon Swick's Blue Moon Annie Mae / Lorenzo & Swicks Blu Iron Bell/ S&M Midnight Blue Moon Lady A/ BLUE MOON KENNELS JOHNSTOWN OHIO BE TRUE AND BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:34 AM
keithbluemoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keithbluemoon Click here to Send keithbluemoon a Private Message Click Here to Email keithbluemoon Visit keithbluemoon's homepage! Find more posts by keithbluemoon Add keithbluemoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

the leopard cur is the only cur they allow to hunt in the hound coon hunts.

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:47 AM
TOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOP Click here to Send TOP a Private Message Click Here to Email TOP Find more posts by TOP Add TOP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Craig Edwards
I didn't know that Leopards were recognized as a hound breed. I know UKC has several breeds in thier registry, but only 6 as hounds. If this is wrong, help me out. I've been wrong before: Twice I think; maby three times. lol!!

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/...sedJanuary12009

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:48 AM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

they

are 7 now not 6

Old Post 03-14-2010 05:54 AM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

AMEN DAVID

There are 7 now and make no mistake about it boys, these leopards are COON HOUNDS in every sense of the word. They are what I am huntin now, and they handle like a dream , and they are great lookin hounds[ several colors to choose from and built good ] I think you will begin to see more win at the hunts as time gos on. LEOPARD MEN LETS GET THEM OUT THERE TO THE HUNTS!! GOD BLESS YALL.

Old Post 03-14-2010 11:30 AM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVA_bluhunter
UKC Forum Member

John wick was instramental in getting this done. They changed the name from Leapord Cur to Leapord Hound and started registering them as a treehound breed. With all the walker in them I hear they hunt more like a hound than a cur. Aint never hunted with one before though.

GRNiteCH 'PR'Brownings Blu Dixie Dynomite
Pr'Nite CH Brownings Blu Judy...... Legend X Star qualified for 2017 Zones 4th place RQE and 2018 zones 1st place RQE

Old Post 03-14-2010 01:47 PM
WVA_bluhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WVA_bluhunter Click here to Send WVA_bluhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email WVA_bluhunter Find more posts by WVA_bluhunter Add WVA_bluhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aritt Davis
UKC Forum Member

I knew UKC recognized Leopards now. Can anyone who actually knows what they are talking about, tell me if you can hunt a cross-breed in a UKC Hound Event? I was told you could single register a cross-breed but I don't know

Old Post 03-14-2010 11:30 PM
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

In order to single register a crossbreed with UKC, you'll need to contact the breed association that you want to register your hound with for their rules and requirements.

Each association has different requirements concerning single registering. Some open the book at certain times of the year, while some are open year long, and 1 has closed the books.

Some require a known pedigree and etc..

2 things that you will find in the requirements of the breed association that accept single registration is the hound will need to meet the breed standards of the breed as well as prove that it can trail and treee a coon.

You'll also need to be a member of the breed association you intend to single register the hounds with.

Old Post 03-14-2010 11:40 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

for it to be single reg. it will have to look like what breed you are single registering it with.
a cur with a bobtail aint gonna fit many single registering criteria.
there is no such thing as a crossbreed in the ukc hound hunts.

there is a treeing cur catagory in the curs though.

Old Post 03-15-2010 01:09 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POP

Yes, there are crossbreeds being hunted in UKC Nite Hunts.....they were single registered -- the papers may say they are one breed, but at the end of the day, the blood running through their veins is crossbreed.

Old Post 03-15-2010 01:56 AM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Style

quote:
Originally posted by POP
for it to be single reg. it will have to look like what breed you are single registering it with.
a cur with a bobtail aint gonna fit many single registering criteria.

there is a treeing cur catagory in the curs though.

Have you never seen a bob tailed hound?

Old Post 03-15-2010 02:10 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aritt Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Style
Have you never seen a bob tailed hound?

Not only have I seen it but I've seen more than one pretty bobtailed walker! LOL Some of the big game guys bob their tails.

Almost sounds like somebody might be scared a little ol cur dog might show'em up??? LOL

Old Post 03-15-2010 02:25 AM
wayne f
UKC Forum Member

a cur is not a hound we call our hounds coonhounds.
does ukc allow coonhounds to hunt in the cur hunts
i have a labrador that will tree and track a coon should we let her hunt in the coonhunts and she will bark tracking and treeing by the way she duck and pheasants hunts also
i have a jack russell thats a tracking machine shall we let her coonhunt also she is only 8 months old and will bet she will start treeing soon as she looks in the trees for squirrels too bad she is a 13 inch not to good in the deep snow

Old Post 03-15-2010 02:54 AM
wayne f is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wayne f Click here to Send wayne f a Private Message Click Here to Email wayne f Find more posts by wayne f Add wayne f to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fox Valley
UKC Forum Member

Curs, Cross Bred's

Aritt,

No, Curs and cross bred's are not allowed in the U.K.C. Hunts,

Yes, You can single register your cross bred, but it just dosn't sound like to me, that U own it yet.

Instead of trying to get aroung the rules, why not just hunt a hound?

By the way, PKC will let you hunt your cur's and cross bred's, if that is what your hunting.

Old Post 03-15-2010 03:16 AM
Fox Valley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fox Valley Click here to Send Fox Valley a Private Message Click Here to Email Fox Valley Find more posts by Fox Valley Add Fox Valley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aritt Davis
UKC Forum Member

LOL ya'll sure are a touchy bunch! LOL Its just a little ol' cur dog. Nothing to be scared of. LOL

I was just messin around mostly but I really was curious if I could hunt my dog in a UKC Hunt.

For those of you who answered and actually knew what you were talking about, thanks!

Old Post 03-15-2010 04:27 AM
jdw2920
UKC Forum Member

if you can register it has a leopard hound rather than a cur yes you can hunt it in Ukc hunts but it has to be in one of the 7 hound groups to hunt.

Old Post 03-15-2010 05:09 AM
jdw2920 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdw2920 Click here to Send jdw2920 a Private Message Find more posts by jdw2920 Add jdw2920 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Yes, there are crossbreeds being hunted in UKC Nite Hunts.....they were single registered -- the papers may say they are one breed, but at the end of the day, the blood running through their veins is crossbreed.

yes...a single reg dog is usually, not always, a crossbred dog.
i never said there wasnt crossbred dogs in ukc, but there is not a BREED called crossbreed for them to fall under.
sorry to have p@ssed off the correction police....hahaha!!!

Old Post 03-15-2010 08:37 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VA.REB
UKC Forum Member

DO YALL

Ever read UKC s list of hound breeds? Its been a while now since the leopard has been added to the list of UKC hounds. Boys, these dogs aint new to the hunting world, they have been around a long time. They have been used for coon,bear,bobcat,cougar,hogs, you name it. They have also been purebred for a long time [1960] by the AMERICAN LEOPARD CUR BREEDERS ASSOCIATION. Please go to the site that UKC has that describes the hound breeds that they allow to compete in there events. I think UKC has done a fine job so far with the leopards gettin them in , and a special thanks also has to go to JOHN WICK FOR helpin it to happen. Boys these dogs are coon dogs that can tree a coon without havin to leave the country to do it . They handle like a dream, and they seem to hunt for you not themselves, and they have the guts and grit you need in a hound. So do some research and go hunt with one, you might like them, plus they come in several colors [ for you color blind fellers] so that should help. I personally know of a 10 month old lep that the Poff boys have here in these Va. mts. that has been gettin it done since he was 5 months old [by him self]. You will see him in the future. So fellers lets get off our high horse and hunt with these fine hounds before you start downin these hounds and the men that hunt them. GOD BLESS YALL.

Old Post 03-15-2010 11:34 AM
VA.REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VA.REB Click here to Send VA.REB a Private Message Click Here to Email VA.REB Visit VA.REB's homepage! Find more posts by VA.REB Add VA.REB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
late round lady
Banned

go cur lol lol

Old Post 03-15-2010 12:09 PM
late round lady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for late round lady Click here to Send late round lady a Private Message Find more posts by late round lady Add late round lady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote