UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Redbone Studs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sox12
UKC Forum Member

Redbone Studs

Been looking the studs dogs in the redbone list, there are a lot of tough bloodline studs dogs on the list,like G,Boone Danno,Kong,Haze,T,Cyanide,Moonshine,Cooter,tree talking jt,Hobo Herb,Doctor feel good ,Coffmans males ,Rip,and many more I haven't listed.it makes it hard to pick and study pedigrees and to match up to the right females to produce world champions and get them in the right hunters hands to push and promote them hard,

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2020 06:47 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedScorpion
UKC Forum Member

Good Post

Mr Steffes. It seems like no one is interested in responding to your very important post. I hate to see that.

I hope even though there is no activity on these boards that people are still working to better the breed. The first step is to talk about decisions on studs like yours, and to take notice of what not only the studs are producing, but the crosses that are working.

I don't know most of the studs first hand that you mention, but I have been around coondogs for over 60 years and I know the foundation of some of the studs that you mention. There is a solid background in many.

I am still at it, but can't get after like a used to. But I can tell you that there are certain traits that are hard to come by in redbones these days...and it isn't only the go. I have seen alot of go in some of the modern redbones.

What I haven't seen lately is a colder nosed redbone that is open on track. I haven't seen many bawl-mouthed dogs either. The ones I have worked in the last five years or so were chop-mouthed and either quiet or real quiet on track.

It is probably too late for me to make much of an impact in the breed, but it would be nice if we could move the breed in the direction of a more bawl-mouthed track dog that is open on track. A dog like this does not have to be slow. I have had plenty that weren't.

Good luck with your search Sir.

Last edited by RedScorpion on 08-24-2020 at 03:49 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2020 09:57 PM
RedScorpion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedScorpion Click here to Send RedScorpion a Private Message Find more posts by RedScorpion Add RedScorpion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote