UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Gas Prices
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Gas Prices

Tank filled up and no place to go!!!!!!

I'm loving these prices, the way it should be.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-15-2020 02:37 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Wink

I just get out and ride around every day now. I used to wait and run all of my errands in one day to save gas. I even put 93 octane in my tank yesterday.

Old Post 04-15-2020 02:59 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

We hit the bottom low I believe especially surprisin for Illinois crooks but here in Charleston $1.24.9

Old Post 04-15-2020 08:09 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Bottom low???? The price of a barrel of crude oil went negative today. Big oil speculators now have to pay someone $30 to take the barrel of oil because there is nowhere left to store it. In the past they just stored it in big tanks until the need/demand went back up. But the tanks are full and there is nowhere to put the new oil that they are pumping out of the ground. It is just like the milk that farmers are being forced to dump on the ground but because of the EPA you cant dump oil. They are going to have to start paying us to come and fill up our truck's gas tanks before long.

Old Post 04-20-2020 08:42 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Well I sure don't feel sorry for 'em .... maybe just maybe people will wake up & see if we bond together we can take our Nation back & Make America Great Again.

Old Post 04-21-2020 12:13 PM
bigtimberkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigtimberkennel Click here to Send bigtimberkennel a Private Message Find more posts by bigtimberkennel Add bigtimberkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If big oil didn’t save some of that money they gouged us bless their heart !!

But they make more out of oil than gasoline like that $4 stack of styrofoam plates you eat on.

Tar

Old Post 04-21-2020 12:48 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Yep your right oil produces diesel fuel,grease,motor oil,propane,gasoline, tar,road oil,paint had a trucker told me today he seen gasoline in Wisconsin 94 cents a gal.

Old Post 04-21-2020 01:07 PM
yadkintar
Banned

In the 70’s I bought gas for 50 cents a gallon and they made money. I also worked for $1.87 an hour to and lived on it lol.

Tar

Old Post 04-21-2020 01:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

Yep I could make $50 or a bit more,buy gas,get some beer,and have money left over for a week or so. $100 today don't travel that far anymore,it just travels faster.

Old Post 04-21-2020 02:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Today there are 18 states where gas is less than $1.00/gal.
Tarbaby back then the there wasn't a tax on gas.
Where does that $100 travel to? How much goes to gas tax and sales tax? In Tn $9 for sales tax would go to the state rght off the top. And what about driver's license fee and auto license just so that you can drive your car? Government sure has gotten a lot bigger and more expensive than it was in the 70's. I wonder what happened? Who in the world decided that we needed to double or triple the size and cost of the government? In the 70's we talked about our government spending millions of dollars. Now we talk about them spending trillions.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-21-2020 at 03:51 PM

Old Post 04-21-2020 03:37 PM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

You know if we ever rebound to pre-corona virus levels, this plunge in oil prices is going to be painful. All of the refineries that go bankrupt and shutdown because of this surplus of oil will not be producing gasoline when the rubber band snaps back, if it does. That will create a shortage of fuel (pretty rapidly the way we consume it) and you will see over $5/gallon.
Our whole economy is going to work this way with goods and services. Milk is being dumped because there is no way to package or a shortage to ship it. Our protein supply is taking a hit when processing facilities are shutdown. Farmers are culling beef, pork and chicken because they have no way to sell it to processors and it cost more to feed them than they can bare. We will see a shortage of it for some time and you will see the prices be extremely higher than what we are used to.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 04-21-2020 05:01 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

My nephew came up from Louisiana yesterday to pick up a dog. He said that it was the cheapest trip he made coming up here. But it's no good for him since he's in the oil business his operations will shut down Friday and he will be in the unemployment line. So good for some not good for the ones getting it out of the ground.

Old Post 04-22-2020 06:16 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtimberkennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Harder
You know if we ever rebound to pre-corona virus levels, this plunge in oil prices is going to be painful. All of the refineries that go bankrupt and shutdown because of this surplus of oil will not be producing gasoline when the rubber band snaps back, if it does. That will create a shortage of fuel (pretty rapidly the way we consume it) and you will see over $5/gallon.

That I don't dought because big oil will see to it that gets what they want we have to (rape) charge the high price to off set (greed) cost of production. 2 reasons I say this #1 don't pi** up my back & tell me it's rainnin #2 I've been around the tin cup enough times to know where the handle is.

Old Post 04-22-2020 08:24 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Re: Gas Prices

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Tank filled up and no place to go!!!!!!

I'm loving these prices, the way it should be.

So Strap should be benching himself with all of your spare time?

Old Post 04-27-2020 03:50 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Was gonna show him in Highland last weekend but there wasn't a show. I will wait until next year and maybe try again!

Old Post 04-27-2020 07:09 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Right.......ok Gus!

Old Post 04-28-2020 04:38 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote