UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC's Striking Rule
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Just scratch all the silent dogs and babblers and all us who dont have or tolerate either can enjoy COONHUNTING
That’s the best answer. But with the entries being so low nowadays if did that then it would be even lower . So that ain’t gonna happen . But what gets me the most is the people that have a lot of respect for as knowing of being have great dogs are the ones that carry crap like this to a hunt . Heck how many times you even see on the site of selling a GrNite but it’s silent ? I always thought a dog has to open on the track to be a GrNite. Last time I hunted at b&t days in a 4 dog cast in the all black hunt . 3 out 4 was babblers , one guy told the judge “ the 8 has got mine once “ the judge tells him laughing “ the 8 ain’t never got mine “ ! So you either play the game or get out ! Then you see the dog leading in pkc hunts as well . People are so focus on winning now days and could care less at the quality of their hounds .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2019 05:14 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
I’ve hunted in some AKC casts under that rule and it is the easiest and most effective rule I’ve hunted under and just made it about the dogs.

This and if you can tell without a doubt they are babbling still minus them. Saves a lots of bickering.

Old Post 03-04-2019 05:21 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Some food for thought. National sporting dog hunts are all about treeing coons. There is no strike points. Tree point breakdown is a touch more difficult to follow in your head, but can be done. If everyone is worried about the gamblers winning so much try these hunts out.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-06-2019 07:03 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

A strike rule has been presented, we will see what happens.

319-201-8445

Old Post 03-06-2019 10:15 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The 3 minute rule was a tuff rule most trained their dogs to be a good distance before they struck. So if a dog left barking and nothing else did it was like bow wow wow your minused. Bow wow wow your dog ain't twenty feet away your minused agin your minused twice for 6 barks because after the third bark you had to strike him both times now if he barks again bow wow wow yippee yo yippie yey he is only 25 ft away your minused again lol.

We trained them not to babble and they could be trained not to babble today.

Tar

Old Post 03-06-2019 10:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
The 3 minute rule was a tuff rule most trained their dogs to be a good distance before they struck. So if a dog left barking and nothing else did it was like bow wow wow your minused. Bow wow wow your dog ain't twenty feet away your minused agin your minused twice for 6 barks because after the third bark you had to strike him both times now if he barks again bow wow wow yippee yo yippie yey he is only 25 ft away your minused again lol.

We trained them not to babble and they could be trained not to babble today.

Tar

I was around back then too but my question is if the 3 minute rule worked so well why was it changed to the 1 minute rule? My recollection is that the babbling rule caused more arguments than a dog moving after it was called treed.

Old Post 03-06-2019 10:52 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That I can't tell you. I know that was about the time $$$ started and they might have been trying to compete with them a little. But that's just a guess it's like we just woke up one day and they changed things I was younger so I just might not been paying attention lol.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 03-07-2019 at 01:18 AM

Old Post 03-06-2019 11:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
I was around back then too but my question is if the 3 minute rule worked so well why was it changed to the 1 minute rule? My recollection is that the babbling rule caused more arguments than a dog moving after it was called treed.

It was changed because people with babblers were able to get it changed through the proper channels.

The excuse was we don't need to keep people from hunting a nice young dog that just barks a little off the chain.

Where I hunted at babbling was absolutely not tolerated because if you had one you can bet all drops after the firs one would be in a field where the judge could shine a light on the dog and make it take its medicine every three barks or until it reached the scratch limit (can't remember if they were scratched after the second time babbling but I think so).

Even if they didn't get scratched 100 minus right out of the gate is hard to overcome.

Bottom line was the rule worked and worked well it took the judgement out of it and it took the arguing out of it cause you had the light on the dog when it was doing it.

They didn't bring those to town until they got them broke.

Old Post 03-07-2019 01:14 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote