UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Average club attendance for UKC events
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
just2fierce
UKC Forum Member

Average club attendance for UKC events

As club president, I'm constantly trying to improve numbers for the club in both UKC and PKC. Our PKC events are averaging 12+ dogs for the last year straight. Our UKC numbers are 4-6 dogs.

What is the average attendance for your UKC hunts? Do you offer trophies or plaques?

I think I'm going to start offering 30.00 gas cards to the 2 highest scoring cast winners to hopefully draw in some more hunters.

check us out on facebook- 2Fierce kennels

Phillip and Hannah French
Lexington TN
731-307-8431

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2019 04:20 PM
just2fierce is offline Click Here to See the Profile for just2fierce Click here to Send just2fierce a Private Message Click Here to Email just2fierce Find more posts by just2fierce Add just2fierce to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave1
UKC Forum Member

My local club draws a decent amount don't know exact numbers. As far as them giving out anything they dont! None of the club's I go to do. I really wish they did! It would be nice to have something to show your acomplishment. I do is take a pic of score card when hunt is over. It really sucks if you ask me. I think you giving out the gas card is a really nice thing to do. But I would about bet most guys would rather have a trophy.

Old Post 10-16-2019 05:00 PM
Dave1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave1 Click here to Send Dave1 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave1 Add Dave1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I’m wrong a lot, so keep that in mind, but

I think you might up your short term and long term attendance if you hold regular youth events. I think this would increase overall activity in the club, including non-youth UKC hunts. I’d be curious if someone from UKC could chime in on this. Are the clubs hosting regular youth events having a higher average turnout in non-youth events than clubs who do not host youth events?

Old Post 10-16-2019 05:26 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

Youth hunts will help. But along with that trophies should draw even more people. I compare it to back when we ran rodeos, people would show up by the hundreds for a fancy buckle, saddle, plaque. I know a lot of clubs are struggling to keep afloat but the price of trophies now makes them a really small price to bring in more entries.

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 10-16-2019 05:30 PM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
just2fierce
UKC Forum Member

We have a monthly pkc youth hunt that usually has a cast at least. We have several youth hunters that would rather hunt in open than youth.

We're working to get more active in the community to have more participation. Lots of pleasure hunters that just don't compete at all in any registry.

check us out on facebook- 2Fierce kennels

Phillip and Hannah French
Lexington TN
731-307-8431

Old Post 10-16-2019 06:00 PM
just2fierce is offline Click Here to See the Profile for just2fierce Click here to Send just2fierce a Private Message Click Here to Email just2fierce Find more posts by just2fierce Add just2fierce to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

Perhaps some sort of financial reward for cast winners, or have some kind of contest for the dog that wins the most cast for the entire year, kind of a dog of the year, picture/add in magazine. That may would generate interest i. People coming back more than one time. If it was a financial reward something worth running for you may generate more interest. People like to be recognized for there accomplishments. Went to a ukc hunt a couple weeks ago, 3 dogs, that was it.

Old Post 10-16-2019 07:51 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Strippers

Get a couple and attendance will skyrocket.

Old Post 10-16-2019 09:30 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Re: Strippers

quote:
Originally posted by blue blue

Not recommended for youth events

Old Post 10-16-2019 11:34 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

We started a club last year. I’ve found out that the one hour hunts are proven to better than a two hour or a 90 minute hunt. I also give out trophies to first place winners and NTCH winners. We have a lot of young guys and I think the trophies help get them motivated. Our one hour hunt are averaging 14 each night

Old Post 10-17-2019 12:23 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdiezel79
UKC Forum Member

When i first got into competition hunting I hunted UKC for the trophies and i still like them. It gives you something to put in a room and show your children and grandchildren. That alone has sparked tons of interest in coon hunting over the years. And now since trophies have went away there is not much to draw the younger generation. We really need to do something to draw the next generation or we will see our beloved sport fade away very quickly.

Jeremy Harris

Old Post 10-17-2019 12:59 AM
bigdiezel79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdiezel79 Click here to Send bigdiezel79 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdiezel79 Find more posts by bigdiezel79 Add bigdiezel79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Just

Cutting up with Philip we are friends.

Old Post 10-17-2019 01:28 AM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Re: Strippers

quote:

Marcus tried this a few years back with mini strippers.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 10-17-2019 01:52 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Htx

A couple of clubs around here are having great success with the htx hunts. Ranging from 4 dogs to 12 per hunt. Normally around 8 dogs per hunt. I think it apeals to people that are going to hunt that night anyways, plus it's a good way to show your dog off. What better way to show off a dog than cut it and watch it go, by 3 different people. Just a thought. I try to make the ones around here and let my boy handle the dogs when he can. But I don't think I could make very many of yours. Little to far apart.

Old Post 10-17-2019 02:23 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Re: Just

quote:
Cutting up with Philip we are friends.

I knew you were joking, I was just adding in.
I’m not sure they’d make it too far with the briars we have around here

Old Post 10-17-2019 03:43 AM
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

If the local ukc clubs would have mini slams, slam whatever ukc’s money paying hunts are I would attend some. Next year I’ll atlesst try to get 5 CW to go the to big dance. Maybe numbers will be better after Jan 1.

Old Post 10-17-2019 03:08 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Not that I like the one hour hunts but the double header slam hunts has drawn best number I have saw so far this year. You go to a club has double header slam they will have 12 dogs. Go to same club have 2 hour poor boy hunt and they will have 5 dogs.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 10-17-2019 03:12 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

No mater what way you slice it I am just not a fan of 1 hr hunts in any registry.

Old Post 10-17-2019 03:49 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
No mater what way you slice it I am just not a fan of 1 hr hunts in any registry.

X2

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 10-17-2019 05:15 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

In theory, a whole lot of people are not in favor of or don't like 1 hr hunts. But in practice 1 hr doubleheaders are what draws the hunters to hunts. Isn't that weird? People say that they don't like them but that is what they show up to hunt in. I guess that is just human nature. Or maybe they don't like them but they realize that they are a neccessity.

Old Post 10-17-2019 05:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
In theory, a whole lot of people are not in favor of or don't like 1 hr hunts. But in practice 1 hr doubleheaders are what draws the hunters to hunts. Isn't that weird? People say that they don't like them but that is what they show up to hunt in. I guess that is just human nature. Or maybe they don't like them but they realize that they are a neccessity.

I drew you at late round p k c redbone days this year , I’d rather that been a 2 hr hunt so my dog could recover from the slick he made

Old Post 10-17-2019 06:13 PM
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Well just because I prefer 2 hour hunts doesn't mean I wont hunt 1 hour hunts. Better support your local clubs even if its 1 hour hunts or you will be driving 2 hours to a 1 hour hunt.

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 10-18-2019 01:57 AM
WalkerPower21
UKC Forum Member

$30 2hr

Cast winners get their entries back!

Old Post 10-19-2019 07:10 PM
WalkerPower21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WalkerPower21 Click here to Send WalkerPower21 a Private Message Find more posts by WalkerPower21 Add WalkerPower21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rickp
UKC Forum Member

I think trophies are a good idea I know people that hate them because they had won a lot and got tired of them. If the winner doesn't like them they can give them back to the club to be given away at the next event . Don't date the trophy and it can be used at any event.

GRNITECH GRCH PRUITT'S REBEL RED(GRNITECH GRCH PR KEYS OUTLAW RAZOR RED XGRCH CCH TREE RIZIN SOME KINDA WONDERFUL)
GRNITECH PRUITT'S BUCK (NITE CHAMPION PRUITT'S CHIEF X PRUITT'S MISS MOLLY)
NITE CHAMPION PRUITT'S CHIEF ( GRCH GRNITECH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE CH SOGGYBOTTOM LOCKET DOWN )
NITECH CH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' RAZOR'S RUSH ( RIP )(GRNITECH GRCH' KEY'S OUTLAW RAZOR RED X GRNITECH GRCH'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM T-TOP SHADOW)
NITECH PRUITT'S MAGGIE MAE (GRNITECH THE RED ROCKER X GRNITECH CH PR GUITAR'S GHOST MISSISSIPPI )
PRUITT'S MISS MOLLY ( CH YELLOW RIVER RED COPPER X FICKEN'S LATE NIGHT STAR )

Old Post 10-19-2019 08:12 PM
rickp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rickp Click here to Send rickp a Private Message Click Here to Email rickp Find more posts by rickp Add rickp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you hired strippers, only the single guys would show up. If you found a way to get the wives to show up then their husbands would have to come. The same goes for the Youth. If you get them to hunt, then their dads would have to hunt also. So attract the kids and wives and the dads want have an excuse not to show up. Each club member should have to bring his wife and kids. If there are several wives they will sit around and gab. If there are several kids they will entertain themselves.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 10-20-2019 at 02:42 PM

Old Post 10-20-2019 02:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Hunted in, or been at four local club hunts so far in 2020, one was terrible weather with not a good turnout but the average so far is 16.25 dogs

Last edited by sleepy head on 02-26-2020 at 01:09 PM

Old Post 02-26-2020 01:02 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote