UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ukc Owes Us
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ukc Owes Us

NOTHING, They are a registry plain and simple! We pay for the registry service and they deliver exactly what we pay for, my dogs papers tell me everything I paid for. Anybody that thinks just because they attend a hunt or act as a MOH is benefiting UKC alone is just plain stupid. Putting titles on dogs benefits the dogs owners more than it does UKC, selling pups and dogs benefits the owners more than it benefits UKC. No one forces anybody to do business with UKC, it is by choice, either you like it or you don't. It's simply amazing to see the SAME FEW GUYS get on this board and bash UKC, like UKC OWES them something, well they don't. UKC is under no obligation to sponsor Hunt, Shows or any other program, but the do. If you don't like these programs, don't participate. Pulling percentages out of the air to sound impressive only to look stupid. Reality a few crybabies don't speak for the UKC Community. You want to cry and complain, get on Facebook, the dollar registries don't even want you, wonder why? Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 04-04-2019 at 12:53 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-2019 09:51 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Gee Dave seems like you was hinting that you think someone is stupid. Must be raining in TN also.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 04-03-2019 10:00 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Nathan

Not hinting at all. Lol. Beautiful day in Tennessee, hauled a load of hay for my horses, spring has sprung. Just getting some things off my chest, if ignorance is really bliss, we have a few of the most blissful people in the world. If it smell like a skunk, has stripes like a skunk, it may just be a skunk, I hunted in UKC HUNTS for 20 plus years, had a lot of fun, won some, lost some, BUT UKC OWES me NOTHING. I got every Champion certificate I earned and my papers were always processed promptly and are in order. UKC done EVERYTHING they were supposed to do for me, what fees UKC gets barely covers their cost. I DONT want some idiot speaking for me and I am sure most of Happy Customers of UKC feel the same way. If one thinks UKC is so bad, they need to find a new playground. I might never hunt in another competition hunt, but I have nothing but good to say about UKC and my local Clubs. Dave

Old Post 04-03-2019 10:56 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ukc Owes Us

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
NOTHING, They are a registry plain and simple! We pay for the registry service and they deliver exactly what we pay for, my dogs papers tell me everything I paid for. Anybody that thinks just because they attend a hunt or act as a MOH is benefiting UKC alone is just plain stupid. Putting titles on dogs benefits the dogs owners more than it does UKC, selling pups and dogs benefits the owners more than it benefits UKC. No one forces anybody to do business with UKC, it is by choice, either you like it or you don't. It's simply amazing to see the SAME FEW GUYS get on this board and bash UKC, like UKC OWES them something, well they don't. UKC is under no obligation to sponsor Hunt, Shows or any other program, but the do. If you don't like these programs, don't participate. Pulling percentages out of the air to sound impressive only to look stupid. Reality a few crybabies don't speak for the UKC Community. You want to cry and complain, get on Facebook, the dollar registries don't even want you, wonder why? Dave
I see your point but if I do business with a company, I expect reasonable service for my money. Jan 4th. I Showed my Hound the points were posted April 2nd. I understand there has been a change in rules but this is not good business( I hope there will be no new rule changes in my lifetime). I know some are going to say well what does it matter you have it now but what if your Bank, Dealership or even your Schools operated like this? I order Coonhound Bloodlines and UKC receives Fees from every Local Club, Judges pay to be Certified and ads for Coonhound Bloodlines Subscriptions. I also understand life happens.

Old Post 04-03-2019 11:11 PM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Agree with you except the part about UKC not needing us... let's all stop going to hunts and shows for a year and see how they do...

I do agree with not bashing UKC but my lord Dave you need an entire roll of TP to clean off your brown nose

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 04-03-2019 11:16 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Roco

NOTHING in life is free, the fees the Clubs pay barely cover the cost of the paperwork. A MOH is strictly ones choice, do it or not, but don't complain if you choose to be a MOH, don't hold UKC responsible for your choices. Holding competition hunts is for the benefit of the Clubs and those hunting in the hunts, surely, one doesn't think UKC makes their money off these hunts, again these are choices WE make. I have Horses registered in different Registeries and paid some big money just for the Registration Papers, nothing else. Those registries owe me NOTHING, they done their part. I have several UKC registered dogs and UKC OWES me NOTHING, they have done their part. If I hunt in none or 100 hunts in the coming years, again UKC OWES me NOTHING, but any awards I might earn. Dave

Old Post 04-03-2019 11:23 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Ratman

I don't brown nose anyone, save the TP, I just call a spade a spade. Quit going to the hunts and the hunts will die, but UKC Registry will be alive and well. Coondogs are a small number overall in the registry. Try and sell your dogs or pups without papers, even the dollar registries see a need for the UKC registration. We have a mutual relationship hunters and UKC but it means more to us. Let the badmouthers tear their papers up or change registries, see if the other registries put up with their nonsense. YES, I am fed up with the circus, this forum is not Facebook or anyone's personal diary. Dave

Old Post 04-03-2019 11:32 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I feel they owe what any good business owes it's loyal customers. How long would any business stay in business if their attitude was they owe their customers nothing? Not very long I'm thinking.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-04-2019 12:09 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jim

You said a mouthful, when you said good and loyal customers. UKC OWES us exactly what they promise, correct registration papers and record keeping on same. Choosy beggars seem to think UKC OWES them way more than that. Shop any market for anything, make your selection and pay for it, if the item does not have a warranty and you got what you paid for, then they owe you NOTHING. You get what you pay for, what more can one expect. Hunting in a hunt or being a MOH doesn't warrant any special treatment that some think they deserve.Dave

Old Post 04-04-2019 12:39 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Dave your statements blow their "Total Dog" and family friendly events philosophy to he//.
UKC was built upon as a working dog registry and for more than half a century has used this as a basis for a variety of events that showcase dogs in their working environment through competitions. It has grown to include all sorts of various breeds from I believe it's 7 catagories all each with it's history of purpose as working abilities even as companions.
Hounds may only make up a smaller percentage of the total of dogs they register but are the #1 overall out of all the breeds.
Unlike other some other registries their use of this "Total Dog" philosophy includes more than just the conformation of the dog. It includes the ability to showcase it's purpose.
Like any successful business it is good business to have a product that is pleasing to the customer and to listen to the customer. Growth and profit are dependent upon it. Here that would include recommendations on how to better their product whether I'm hunting in one of their various competitors hunts, participating in a show, weight pulls, dock jumping ect.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 04-04-2019 03:27 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Well said there

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 04-04-2019 03:39 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

My statements are true, UKC OWES us nothing, WE are the ones that hold our Hunts and programs in our hands. UKC provides us with the programs and formats, we MUST do our part. It's shameful for anyone that thinks anyone OWES them anything. Anything worth having is worth working for. Responsible thinking and offers to help are needed, it's the constant complaining and badmouthing UKC that is unacceptable and does nothing but bring dissent and division within our community. My opinion is not based on any policy UKC has in effect, but on my desire to get us thinking about our actions. Constant posts defaming the dogs winning today, the hunters hunting them, and clinging to a past that was better in memory than it ever was in fact, does nothing to promote the unity we all should want. The unity that will help us survive the challenges we all face in our sport. Hopefully, a few hurt egos is a small price to pay if we truly care about our sport. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 04-04-2019 at 04:57 AM

Old Post 04-04-2019 04:36 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:

My statements are true, UKC OWES us nothing, WE are the ones that hold our Hunts and programs in our hands. UKC provides us with the programs and formats, we MUST do our part. It's shameful for anyone that thinks anyone OWES them anything. Anything worth having is worth working for. Responsible thinking and offers to help are needed, it's the constant winning and griping that's counter productive to anyone's success. Suggestions are one thing, bashing is totally unacceptable and only causes breaks in our ranks. United we stand divided we fall. My opinions do not reflect any policy that UKC has in place, but are intended to make us think about our actions. Some on here do nothing but complain about the hunters, the dogs they hunt and about UKC itself. If you can't be part of solution, then you are just a part of the problem. Dave

I will stick with my original statement. Any company my not we" their customer base anything but offering a quality product and listening to customer input along with marketing a product that is in demand is the way to sucess. Anyone in any sort of retail, customer service or marketing knows this as do they. It is impossible to please every customer but in order to grow you must evolve, this holds true regardless of what business you are in. You statement of they are just there to send out registration papers is a falsehood goes against all their founding principals and even the motto today and the many programs along with competitions offered and not just for hounds but the many other working breeds. I suppose no company "owes" anyone anything but if any wish to be successful that is not the attitude any take. Nor do I think that is the attitude this one chooses either. All choose sucess over failure, profit over loss and growth over being stagnant. Being open to suggestion and even criticism is how to achieve this. Some here, like anywhere, may not offer this in the most well worded way or always the most constructive way but that shouldn't discount their voice. Some who speak the loudest may care the most.
My original statement I'm sticking to which I mean in no disrespectful way it is simply fact most of which can be verified from their website by anyone....
Dave your statements blow their "Total Dog" and family friendly events philosophy to he//._
UKC was built upon as a working dog registry and for more than half a century has used this as a basis for a variety of events that showcase dogs in their working environment through competitions. It has grown to include all sorts of various breeds from I believe it's 7 catagories all each with it's history of purpose as working abilities even as companions._
Hounds may only make up a smaller percentage of the total of dogs they register but are the #1 overall out of all the breeds._
Unlike other some other registries their use of this "Total Dog" philosophy includes more than just the conformation of the dog. It includes the ability to showcase it's purpose._
Like any successful business it is good business to have a product that is pleasing to the customer and to listen to the customer. Growth and profit are dependent upon it. Here that would include recommendations on how to better their product whether I'm hunting in one of their various competitors hunts, participating in a show, weight pulls, dock jumping ect.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 04-04-2019 05:22 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Ok guys you need to do the same till Dave calms down.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 04-04-2019 12:27 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:

THE DOLLAR REGISTRIES WILL BAN YOU OR LOCK YOU OFF THEIR SITE. THEY ALSO REQUIRE YOU TO USE A NAME YOU REGISTERED WITH THEM AS AND PAY TO EVEN GET TO COMMENT ON THEIR SITES.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 04-04-2019 12:43 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Mr Richards, doesn't UKC sanction our hunts? Don't they license the MOH's? Don't they set the formats and control the points system? Don't they license the club's? Don't they put on Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic and World Championship? UKC is much much more than just a Registry. I can't believe that Mr Gingerich hasn't come on here to tell you that. I bet that he is very offended that you think that registering dogs is all that he does. I hope that you don't get banned for starting a negative thread like this just to stir up trouble.

Old Post 04-04-2019 02:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Richard it sounds like someone just wants Tars field rep pickup

Old Post 04-04-2019 03:20 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr River what does "field" rep mean? I wonder why they are out in the "field"? According to Mr Richards, they should only need office reps. Is this one of those subliminal messages that Mr Conkey is talking about?

Old Post 04-04-2019 04:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What about the Performance Program? Doesn't UKC owe us $183,411? I guess that "the check is in the mail".
If you only register your dogs then UKC owes you a well run registry. After all, that is what you are paying them for. If you participate in "their" hunting program, then they owe you a well run program. Aren't they called UKC night hunts and don't we pay them a fee? If they don't provide us with a well run program then we should complain. After all we are paying them to do just that.

Old Post 04-04-2019 05:02 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Richard you'll have to ask Mr. Conkey. Maybe he can decipher it. Might be like the old rock and roll messages where you had to play it backwards to get it. Or you can ask Tar. He's deep undercover and maybe he can answer in code.

Old Post 04-04-2019 05:07 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Giving is not owing

Just because UKC Does these things does not mean they owe us anything. PERFORMANCE is paid for by the hunters themselves and does belong to those earning it. YES, UKC Does many things for all of us, but unless it's a program we are paying for they have no obligation. My comments are directed to those who get on this board badmouthing UKC, badmouthing the dogs winning hunts, and spouting gloom and doom. I stand by my comments. Dave

Old Post 04-04-2019 05:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Giving is not owing

quote:
....unless it's a program we are paying for they have no obligation..... I stand by my comments. Dave

Doesn't "they have an obligation" mean "they owe us"? I am really getting confused now. We are paying them to administer all of their programs.

Old Post 04-04-2019 06:06 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Lol. I see the only negative comments to my post are from the those I expected. I am not surprised by this, in fact as stated I expected as much. The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow, some just don't get it. UKC doing good things for us does not equate to those things being owed to us in any way. Dave

Old Post 04-04-2019 06:10 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr, Lambert

As stated by myself, only for programs we are paying for. Some think this extends to every thing UKC Does, it does not. Dave

Old Post 04-04-2019 06:15 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Bruce Conley, you are correct, sometimes we take this internet stuff way to serious, I am guilty as charged. Sadly we only see what's written and not the intent of the poster. It is very easy to misunderstand the posters intentions and respond to what is written and not what the poster really means. It seems to be the case more often than not. We don't always have to agree, and that's just fine. I apologize to any I have offended no excuses made. Dave

Old Post 04-04-2019 07:24 PM