UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Oh my goodness ace is in the finals
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ndm
UKC Forum Member

Ace's pedigree

For those that are wondering this is Ace's pedigree. The Trouble dog in his 3rd generation was out of Half Breed Jessi.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/184593281@N02/46W2t6

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-22-2019 08:45 PM
ndm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ndm Click here to Send ndm a Private Message Click Here to Email ndm Find more posts by ndm Add ndm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:20 PM

Old Post 09-22-2019 10:40 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:21 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 02:45 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:21 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 03:10 AM
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

Heck yeah, now we’re talking!!
Can I please come spectate? You want even have to tell me who is who and which dog is which. I’d love to have the swing vote if a decision is needed.

Old Post 09-23-2019 03:16 AM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:22 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 03:16 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ghost14

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:27 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 03:25 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:23 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 04:05 AM
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost14
Heck yeah, now we’re talking!!
Can I please come spectate? You want even have to tell me who is who and which dog is which. I’d love to have the swing vote if a decision is needed.

x2 just down the road from Church Hill...might even have a drop or two to use.

Old Post 09-23-2019 04:17 AM
stevwallace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevwallace Click here to Send stevwallace a Private Message Click Here to Email stevwallace Find more posts by stevwallace Add stevwallace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stevewallace

Anytime buddy, shoot me a pm and we will hook up one night. Dsve

Old Post 09-23-2019 04:20 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:24 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 06:41 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your service to this country.

Old Post 09-23-2019 07:33 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

I feel your pain regarding the loss if hunting ground thst has occurred, I hunted a lot in the eastern part of Virginia, Farmville, Danville, South Boston areas and have seen thousands of acres if prime oak timber logged out. Most of the timber was shipped overseas, it got so bad thst we stopped going up there to hunt. Sadly, it's happening all over the country and hunting ground is being lost at a fast pace. The younger hunters will never have what us older guys have had to hunt and enjoy. We just did not realize how much things would change and how fast it would happen. Good luck with your beagles. Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 07:41 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

You are welcome! Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 07:43 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Delete

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-24-2019 at 09:25 PM

Old Post 09-23-2019 08:00 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yea I see why you hunted eastern Va. In 78 & 79 there was no open season on coon in areas 2, 3, and four which takes in all eastern Tenn. Until probably mid 90's all my friends from east Tenn. came over regularly and hunted with me. They were happy to tree a possum over there.

Old Post 09-23-2019 08:02 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

You are right about that, we did not have many coons back then, hunting in eastern Virginia was like hunting in paradise. I also, hunted some in eastern North Carolina and it was just as good hunting. We now have a fair coon population around here, thanks to the coon clubs and individuals buying coons and restocking efforts. Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 08:31 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I am not sure where or when or who but I did have one beer and I am pretty dagum sure sombody hurt my feelers and I deserve an apology 😂

Tar

Old Post 09-23-2019 10:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

It could have been me, sorry old buddy. Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-23-2019 11:48 PM
Brady meyers
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Cecil and Ace both in top 7!

Old Post 09-24-2019 12:38 AM
Brady meyers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brady meyers Click here to Send Brady meyers a Private Message Find more posts by Brady meyers Add Brady meyers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treestroker
UKC Forum Member

trouble

I owned her for awhile sold her to cole vanover who thought the world of her.she was real accurate and by herself for the most part.

Old Post 09-24-2019 01:53 AM
treestroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treestroker Click here to Send treestroker a Private Message Find more posts by treestroker Add treestroker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cole run

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I have always been a coon hunter, since I was a boy hunting with my dad. I always wanted the best coondog I could get, grade or registered made no difference to me. I never bred or trained dogs, I was not motivated by money from selling registered pups or tied to a certain breed of dogs. In short I looked at ability and what the dog could do, not at how good the papers looked. I grew up in these mountains where th he hunters wanted coon dogs not papers and crossed their coondog to a coondog regardless of breed, best to the best. Competition hunts started the craze for registered dogs, as the dogs needed to be registered to hunt in those hunts. Years later, and we are Now getting back to being able to cross breed and register these dogs and hunt in the competition hunts. In the few short years we are seeing some top coon dogs from these crossbreedings just like the old days. Why are folks cross breeding their hounds if the purebred stuff is the best way to go? Short answer is that it's not, some of the very traits found in the early purebreds has become diluted to the point it's not there anymore. Tracking ability for one is not up to par of the dogs of yesteryear and the real good trackers of today are getting fewer, breed to these dogs regardless of the breed, put the tracking back into our hounds. Ability over pedigree! Dave

Dave...

IMO I do not think it is the purebred that is the problem...it’s the type of purebred that is being bred that is the problem...every now and then some fresh blood might be needed to vitalize the bloodline...cross breeding can definitely produce top dogs there is no doubt...

But the data that is missing top puppies produced per litter from well bred dogs from scatter bred dogs and from well bred registered dogs...

Breeders are just like any other professions...you have a few that are the best and breed great dogs consistently and then you have a whole lot of average...

Old Post 09-24-2019 02:10 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Reuben

There is a lot of truth to your above post. I am not a breeder by choice, it's just not for me. I did raise 2 litters of Registered Walker pups from 2 of my dogs that turned out very good. I get attached to the puppies it just won't work for me. I know thst I got lucky with my cross , there are breeders that put the time and effort into producing the best pups you can get and their success is not great. I have had my say about Cross breeding, so I am through with this subject matter. I am and was more interested in hunting a finished product more than raising and training dogs. I am grateful to those who breed and train, without them folks like myself would be in trouble. Dave

Old Post 09-24-2019 03:07 AM