UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > "A Conversation with Legends" at Walker Days 2018
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

"A Conversation with Legends" at Walker Days 2018

We're trying something new at Walker Days this year. John Monroe, Lee Logan and Russell Bellar will be joining us at the Fulton County 4-H Fair Grounds in Rochester, IN on Friday April 20th at 2:00 PM for a conversation about their 50+ years of hunting, raising, training and breeding Treeing Walker Coonhounds. We expect this to become an annual occurrence at Walker Days with a different group of hunters each year and thought that these three men would be perfect to start the tradition. If you can make it, we'd love to have you join us.

Lee Logan

John Monroe

Russ Bellar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-30-2018 08:38 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunters

Sound like you have picked 3 of the best, good luck. Will certainly look forward to reading about this meeting. Dave

Old Post 03-30-2018 09:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Will this be posted online?

Old Post 03-30-2018 09:48 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
Will this be posted online?

We're going to attempt to do a Facebook Live post of it from our Facebook page. I'll see if we can have a transcript typed up of it, too. So, that's not a "yes", but we're definitely going to try both.

Old Post 03-30-2018 10:19 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Thanks that would be good for those of us without Facebook.

Old Post 03-31-2018 02:34 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

This is a fantastic idea!

Old Post 04-03-2018 12:38 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Walker Days

I am confused.....LOL
Is Walker Days at Rochester or Auburn ?
I seen an ad in American Cooner....it said Auburn but I read on here that its Rochester Indiana.....which is it ?
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 04-03-2018 01:23 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Why wouldn’t you be able to put the video here on the message board? You said it will be on facebook what would be the difference on posting it there versus here.

Old Post 04-03-2018 02:15 PM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

It's in Rochester Tim, I haven't seen any that said Auburn?

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-03-2018 02:19 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Why wouldn’t you be able to put the video here on the message board? You said it will be on facebook what would be the difference on posting it there versus here.

1. I've never recorded 60 to 90 minutes worth of video on Facebook. I don't know if a single, uninterrupted recording on Facebook that is 60-90 minutes long can be taken.

2. If it can, it will need to be copied and housed on a separate server/network/website if we want folks who don't have Facebook to be able to view it. I don't know how many megabytes a 90 minute video will be...and whether it'll fit on the external hard drive I have.

3. There are websites that allow you to house some photos for free, but 90 minutes worth of video is likely a different story. We may need to buy storage space somewhere, sign up for a new service where we can house that video, etc...

It's just not something I've done. I'll be talking to UKC about it. If you or anyone else on here has experience doing all of the above, feel free to send me a message and walk me through what I need to do. I've just been a bit too busy proofing yearbooks, creating/mailing newsletters, counting ballots, building the website, taking advanced entries and doing everything else to get ready for Walker Days to put much focus on it. I will, though.

Last edited by Grant Noeske on 04-03-2018 at 03:14 PM

Old Post 04-03-2018 03:11 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Walker Days

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1

Thanks Jeremy......I thought it was Rochester, But I swear I seen it advertised in the Cooner & it said Auburn....
Going to check on that this Evening.
Thanks
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 04-03-2018 03:31 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Mr Noeske thanks for you’re reply. I have no idea about any of that stuff myself. I know some of the other kennel clubs have done videos of the final 4 at certain events. I have no idea how hard it would be to post a 1 hour video to this site or any other site. Thanks for checking into it

Old Post 04-03-2018 07:41 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Walker Days

quote:

Sorry Jeremy.......I had grabbed my Cooner from 2016, it was advertised at Auburn that year. I thought it was my April 2018 Cooner.......LOL
Thats what getting Old does for you.....😢
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 04-04-2018 03:23 AM
Kimber2378
UKC Forum Member

An easier way to post a video of that length would be to create a YouTube account and upload the video to that. That way people with out a Facebook account are able to view the video and all you have to do is post a link here that would redirect folks to the YouTube video. I also know that some podcasters are able to live stream their videos on it as well but I am unsure of the details involved in that part of it but might be something to look into. Just a suggestion. The talk is a great idea and I definitely would like to watch a video of it.

Dave

Old Post 04-04-2018 08:31 AM
Kimber2378 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kimber2378 Click here to Send Kimber2378 a Private Message Find more posts by Kimber2378 Add Kimber2378 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kimber2378
An easier way to post a video of that length would be to create a YouTube account and upload the video to that. That way people with out a Facebook account are able to view the video and all you have to do is post a link here that would redirect folks to the YouTube video. I also know that some podcasters are able to live stream their videos on it as well but I am unsure of the details involved in that part of it but might be something to look into. Just a suggestion. The talk is a great idea and I definitely would like to watch a video of it.

Dave

Perfect! That's the kind of advice I needed, Dave. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Old Post 04-05-2018 01:05 AM
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Thanks that would be good for those of us without Facebook.

Well, I was able to upload to YouTube the four videos that comprise about 60 minutes of interviews. The links are below. See if you can get to and view the videos of the Monroe, Logan and Bellar interview.

https://youtu.be/H6MYFa9GOhE

https://youtu.be/VfZK18SiYbA

https://youtu.be/ArJcLOTmdEc

https://youtu.be/DBfvw5tV_EE

Old Post 04-23-2018 12:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Grant, I was able to watch it live on Facebook. Great Job! I know I enjoyed and appreciated it and I am sure others did and will also. Good Job coming up with this idea!

Old Post 04-23-2018 12:59 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I'm very glad that the association decided to do this, hopefully this is the start of a tradition, it was awesome to watch!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-23-2018 04:01 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I'm very glad that the association decided to do this, hopefully this is the start of a tradition, it was awesome to watch!!

We can do it every year. However, I don't think that we're ever going to find three better people to interview!

Old Post 04-23-2018 05:04 PM
natnicegg
UKC Forum Member

I watched it and really enjoyed listening to them. I'm a bluetick man but appreciate the history that these men represent in the coon hunting world.

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:51 AM
natnicegg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natnicegg Click here to Send natnicegg a Private Message Click Here to Email natnicegg Find more posts by natnicegg Add natnicegg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Interviews

Listened to every word like I was spellbound! 3 of the best ever in my opinion, wish they could have talked all night. Please make this an annual event, history is important, loved every moment, brought back some fond memories. Thanks to all those involved in getting this done. Dave

Old Post 04-24-2018 04:20 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Grant, I was able to watch it live on Facebook. Great Job! I know I enjoyed and appreciated it and I am sure others did and will also. Good Job coming up with this idea!

Thanks, Bruce. It was a lot of fun working with and listening to those guys.

Old Post 04-24-2018 12:58 PM