UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just an observation
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

Just an observation

Every discussion on here eventually leads to talk about change. Whether it be getting more people involved or bringing back finished dogs. Noone can argue that a dog granded is pretty much done in ukc. The discussion always goes to would they come back if there was more to win and what could that more be. With that being said did anyone else notice how many national champions and world champions were in salem hunting this weekend? Its obvious they will come back even after winning top honors if you give them something worth their time.

Last edited by rooster731 on 03-24-2018 at 11:54 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2018 11:44 PM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Isn't that what the Grand Slams and Masters was supposed to do?

Old Post 03-25-2018 12:24 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Richard what is your evaluation on how that is working? They are not in my part of the country and I am not familiar with them.

Old Post 03-25-2018 01:58 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce all you got to have is 4 judges and a moh and in 2 hrs the club makes $500 only thing is.

1. Finding 4 guys that will take the time to help ( that's my problem )
2. Filling the hunt.

For the life of me I can't see why the clubs are not doing it when they first came out I entered one in south texas and I was the only entry but the guys will drive hundreds of miles to hunt in a $$$$ hunt one that's basically the same thing but refuse to support the local clubs I ain't got a clue why either.

I wanted to go to the grand masters is why I entered.

Tar

Old Post 03-25-2018 02:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Bruce there is little to no interest from the hunters. The club's would love to have them but they can't get entries. My opinion is that the UKC hunters don't want to spend the money and the PKC guys can't be enticed to come even though they line up for entries to a Pro Hunt. Apparantly it isn't "all about the money". There is a tremendous amount of "prestige" involved if you win a PKC Pro Hunt. Not so much with a Super Slam hunt.

Old Post 03-25-2018 04:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

If the UKC money hunts involved things like a state race or recognized $$ earnings towards a title I think more people would be interested in them. If I have the option of a UKC slam or a PKC open event, I’m going to the PKC hunt. I’m not in it for the money because we all know you aren’t ever making money, no matter how much you win. I’m going because every dollar I earn in PKC is recognized towards a title or a race, instead of qualifying for just one hunt (Grand masters invitational) that is always in the same place and in the hottest part of the year lol

I am not saying things need to be changed, that’s just my opinion of why the slam hunts aren’t more popular.

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 03-25-2018 04:42 PM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

There are two reasons I think they do not Fill.

1. UKC hides the info on here. They are not advertised where they need to be. The guys that are on the boards no what they are but a big part of people don't know anything about them. When they do have one where are the results? Trust me no one is doing this for the money. Its bragging rights and recognition. So where are they getting that if no one even knows who won?

2. The local clubs want to have them but they are trying to fill the hunts when their local hunters have no interest. They are thinking people will drive in and they just don't. If they have local hunter wanting to do it then they will fill. They need at least 1/2 the entries already lined up before they apply to have one.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-26-2018 12:46 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RJ Burks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
There are two reasons I think they do not Fill.

1. UKC hides the info on here. They are not advertised where they need to be. The guys that are on the boards no what they are but a big part of people don't know anything about them. When they do have one where are the results? Trust me no one is doing this for the money. Its bragging rights and recognition. So where are they getting that if no one even knows who won?

2. The local clubs want to have them but they are trying to fill the hunts when their local hunters have no interest. They are thinking people will drive in and they just don't. If they have local hunter wanting to do it then they will fill. They need at least 1/2 the entries already lined up before they apply to have one.

X2

Old Post 03-26-2018 03:11 AM
RJ Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RJ Burks Click here to Send RJ Burks a Private Message Find more posts by RJ Burks Add RJ Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote