UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Boots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

Boots

Needing to buy a new set of boots and chaps. What boots seem to be the best as far as holding up and and has a good tread and comfortable. Thanks for any opinions.

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
NITECH Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-01-2020 07:49 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Made in america swampbusters available at Valley Creek with a chap made and developed in house...Insulated..One piece design so the sole doesnt fall off in six months
Non Insulated bekina with a wide array of chaps ..One piece construction also.

Old Post 07-02-2020 04:28 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

Thanks I will check them out

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
NITECH Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Old Post 07-02-2020 08:57 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Plott
UKC Forum Member

Bout a pair of Lacrosse earlier this year, after the sole of my muck boot came off in a creek. I’ll never buy anything else. Much more comfortable and durable than the muck, bogs, or dry-shod.
Beatty at GT’s hunting supply in Decatur, Tn recommended them to me.

Old Post 07-02-2020 09:20 PM
Black Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Plott Click here to Send Black Plott a Private Message Click Here to Email Black Plott Find more posts by Black Plott Add Black Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trueblood85
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone tried the Bekina boots and are they American made? Needing a un-insulated boot, I've heard good things about the Dan's Frogger but they appear to be a cooler weather boot also, any opinions on that??

Old Post 07-06-2020 05:27 PM
Trueblood85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trueblood85 Click here to Send Trueblood85 a Private Message Find more posts by Trueblood85 Add Trueblood85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Bekinas are a great boot..They are not american made but alot are made in Mexico..Polyurethane boot one piece construction..Design was tweaked a bit three years or so ago..Not as tough as old design but much much more comfortable..Still require good set of insoles if you hunt where there are many rocks.

Old Post 07-06-2020 07:09 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
Bekinas are a great boot..They are not american made but alot are made in Mexico..Polyurethane boot one piece construction..Design was tweaked a bit three years or so ago..Not as tough as old design but much much more comfortable..Still require good set of insoles if you hunt where there are many rocks.

John , I thought Bekina's were Belgium made and imported . Has something changed in that aspect?

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 07-06-2020 07:18 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Non-insulated quatros with bama socks. I’ll trade some comfort for durability anyday.

Old Post 07-06-2020 07:47 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Quatro's

I've been wearing the same pair of Quatros for 3 years, they are still in great shape. I only hunt 5 or 6 nights a month on average in a year these days. I wear 2 pair of socks. Comfort and durability is fine.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 07-07-2020 04:46 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"You might not be a real coonhunter if your boots dry rot before you wear them out."

Old Post 07-07-2020 03:42 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
John , I thought Bekina's were Belgium made and imported . Has something changed in that aspect?

Toad last report I got they were bought out by tingly..They have been on my price sheet from them for the last few years..Doesnt make them better or worse as we sale quite a few and have held up quite well.

Old Post 07-07-2020 09:05 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
"You might not be a real coonhunter if your boots dry rot before you wear them out."

Brother Richard..Leave any of them in the back of the truck for about 90 days in the weather we are having and they will make you look like a real coonhunter

Old Post 07-07-2020 09:08 PM
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

John, how does the sizing run on those Bekina boots? Say compared to Lacrosse. I'm thinking about ordering some but want the correct size. I know I can't do Mucks. Had a pair and they wore blisters every time I wore them. I do pretty good with LaCrosse boots. Guess the ankle fit is difference. Thanks

Old Post 07-08-2020 02:04 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clif Owen
John, how does the sizing run on those Bekina boots? Say compared to Lacrosse. I'm thinking about ordering some but want the correct size. I know I can't do Mucks. Had a pair and they wore blisters every time I wore them. I do pretty good with LaCrosse boots. Guess the ankle fit is difference. Thanks

The Bekinas seem to be running true to size ..They have no insulation though so they will tend to feel a bit looser than say mucks or froggers..I wear two pr of socks most of the time..If you wear bama socks I would go up a size.

Old Post 07-08-2020 03:15 AM
houseofquality
UKC Forum Member

What's the cougar boots like?

Old Post 07-08-2020 04:54 PM
houseofquality is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houseofquality Click here to Send houseofquality a Private Message Click Here to Email houseofquality Visit houseofquality's homepage! Find more posts by houseofquality Add houseofquality to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houseofquality
UKC Forum Member

What's the cougar boots like?

Old Post 07-08-2020 04:54 PM
houseofquality is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houseofquality Click here to Send houseofquality a Private Message Click Here to Email houseofquality Visit houseofquality's homepage! Find more posts by houseofquality Add houseofquality to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
haymaker32
UKC Forum Member

Cougar is comfortable as ive ever worn, can’t speak on durability just yet but close to 3 months in 3-5 nights a week and no problems yet .

Old Post 07-08-2020 10:17 PM
haymaker32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for haymaker32 Click here to Send haymaker32 a Private Message Click Here to Email haymaker32 Find more posts by haymaker32 Add haymaker32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote