UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > At stud: GRNITECH 'Pr' Skuna River Bear
Pages (24): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. These pups are just a hair over 7 months old. Still a lot of water to go under the bridge, they are still in the puppy starting pen. But I am well pleased with the progress up to this point.

They are the product of a heavy line bred female being crossed on a heavy line bred male, two different lines of dogs with similar traits crossed in the hopes of combining the two lines traits to bring in a LITTLE genetic diversity.

This is a littermate to Nine, she is about three weeks behind her sister in the training pen. Both are treeing some complicated drags by scent. I'm a bright enough guy to know that doesn't make them coondogs yet....but it's a promising start.

This is a little female out of Bear that I picked up this fall. My good friend and dog man supreme had her in northern Ohio for the month of December. She treed coon in style over there when other dogs were struggling. She's gonna be a good one. She is bred a lot like my dogs on the bottom side, and is a litter mate to the one that Daniel is hunting.

I am fortunate enough to live close to Daniel, and have hunted with several Bear pups and like what I've seen out of him from several different females..... That prompted me to make an outcross...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-16-2014 03:54 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Joe,

Were there any males in your litter?

Been looking around for a loud mouth male out of Bear.

Old Post 02-16-2014 05:07 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Coffman
Joe,

Were there any males in your litter?

Been looking around for a loud mouth male out of Bear.

Only one male....he's staying local. Not gonna let him out of my sight for very long at a time. He's next in the starting rotation......HE IS LOUD!

Old Post 02-16-2014 09:30 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Put $72 on our Dottie female out of Bear x Crankin Good Time. Does anyone know how others from this cross out doing? I know Joe Newlin has a female as does Daniel and they are both coming along nicely. I believe there were 8 or 9 in the litter.

Old Post 02-28-2014 01:31 AM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Crocker
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Coffman
Put $72 on our Dottie female out of Bear x Crankin Good Time. Does anyone know how others from this cross out doing? I know Joe Newlin has a female as does Daniel and they are both coming along nicely. I believe there were 8 or 9 in the litter.
congrats Wes

Old Post 02-28-2014 01:01 PM
Ben Crocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Crocker Click here to Send Ben Crocker a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Crocker Find more posts by Ben Crocker Add Ben Crocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Ben.

Old Post 03-04-2014 08:07 PM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Is that Dottie?

Old Post 03-04-2014 09:21 PM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Yes, that is.

Old Post 03-04-2014 11:13 PM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

That tree style must be a family trait.....mine trees about like that.

Old Post 03-05-2014 03:11 AM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

She likes to stand at the base of the tree on all fours looking straight up as well. Daniels Faith female and Dottie sound almost identical.

Treeee dogs for sure.

Old Post 03-05-2014 02:10 PM
KyleMcComber
UKC Forum Member

5 month old Bear pup:

(309) 333-5823

Old Post 03-09-2014 03:27 AM
KyleMcComber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KyleMcComber Click here to Send KyleMcComber a Private Message Find more posts by KyleMcComber Add KyleMcComber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve finder
UKC Forum Member

bear pups

any young dogs out of bear for sale if so I would like to see ped. and pic. thanks

Old Post 03-15-2014 12:38 AM
steve finder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve finder Click here to Send steve finder a Private Message Find more posts by steve finder Add steve finder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

Very few left Steve . If you find one for a good price I'd hop on and buy it!!

Congrats matt Beebout and GrNtCh Skuna River Kate on winning the RQE this Friday in Peru Indiana . 650+ way to go bud!!

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 03-17-2014 05:28 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Most recent in my litter of Bear pups to get started.

Dropped "Ozzie" off a few days ago, and looks like he's learning already....

Old Post 03-18-2014 12:05 AM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Looks good Joe. What's the report on his mouth?

All the Bear pups I have seen have been very natural starting dogs. Ours ran and treed the first night in the woods like it had done it a dozen times.

Old Post 03-18-2014 12:21 AM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Wes,

His momma is a littermate to David Schmidt's Boom dog. Boom is without a doubt one of the loudest dogs I've ever come across.

This pup is not quite that loud, but he's not yet 8 months old....he has room to improve, but I promise you that you will be able to hear him a LONG LONG way.

Old Post 03-18-2014 01:56 AM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...entions_comment

Short clip of Ozzie

Old Post 03-18-2014 11:25 PM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

He sounds real good Joe.

I would like to hear the Boom dog sometime too. Several people have told me he was LOUD!

Old Post 03-18-2014 11:46 PM
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Kyle mcomber 5 month old pup is built nice with an awsome looking head on him!! Good luck with these pups !! Sure would like to have a female off bear and the skunk female cross!!!

Old Post 03-18-2014 11:46 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Ozzie' latest training session..... He is going to be a good understanding.

Old Post 03-24-2014 12:53 AM
stowe
UKC Forum Member

I have a female off of Bear and MR.Eakins Fred female that was a natural. runs a nice track and super nice tree dog very load for a female. and is wired for 440 she is wide open.well pleased with her.I will be breeding her to a young dog that i have off of Buck Fork Dollar x Babe female that Joe owns that's my plans down the road.

Old Post 03-26-2014 12:14 AM
stowe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stowe Click here to Send stowe a Private Message Click Here to Email stowe Find more posts by stowe Add stowe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Some of you might be aware that I had my right knee replaced a couple of weeks ago. I have a couple of my Bear X Skunk pups farmed out......

Got this picture this morning. This is Dot's first night in the woods by herself, her first drop...hooked up with a coon.

I'm telling you guys, these pups are "for real"....

Old Post 04-01-2014 11:03 PM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Most natural pups I have ever seen.

Old Post 04-01-2014 11:27 PM
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

About to roll my ten month old out at Walker Days..... Look for her in the pup derby..... She is looking to be "special".

Last edited by Oak Ridge on 04-09-2014 at 03:21 AM

Old Post 04-09-2014 03:14 AM
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Should be several Bear pups at the Pup Extravaganza tonight. Good luck tonight men!

Old Post 04-17-2014 04:16 PM