UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2014 WV State Youth Championship -- June 14th, 2014 Hedgesville, WV
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

2014 WV State Youth Championship -- June 14th, 2014 Hedgesville, WV

The 2014 WV State Championship will be held June 14th in Hedgesville, WV. The event is hosted by Tri State Houndsman Association and will be held at the Back Creek Bow and Gun Club. This will be a UKC 4 event Youth Champioship. See the images below for more information.

Contact info:

David Cain 304-283-1399
Steven Cain 304-283-1408
Will Kerns 304-707-5122

We are still accepting donations so if you'd like to help out conatact Steven Cain: sdcain2@aol.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2014 01:23 AM
LonePineHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LonePineHounds Click here to Send LonePineHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email LonePineHounds Find more posts by LonePineHounds Add LonePineHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WALKER50
UKC Forum Member

Who will be the bench show judge for this event?

SPANKY'S RED EAGLE LITTLE ACE IS THE 2010 ACHA VA STATE BENCH SHOW CH
GRCH 'PR' SWEET REVENGES MR. BIG STUFF
CH'PR'SWEET REVENGES SIERRA SKY (red) co owned w Jamie Crigger
CH'PR'SWEET REVENGES CRUZN 4A BRUZN
Soon to be CH 'PR'SWEETREVENGES TALK DIRTY 2 ME

Old Post 05-11-2014 05:52 PM
WALKER50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WALKER50 Click here to Send WALKER50 a Private Message Click Here to Email WALKER50 Find more posts by WALKER50 Add WALKER50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ed esposti
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a great event. its about a 3 hour drive from my place but I might have to load the boys and there dogs up and come down.

FCH GRNITECH CH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Bell (PKC CH)
NITECH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Duke (PKC CH)
'PR' Timberjack Hardtime No Mercy

Old Post 05-13-2014 05:36 PM
ed esposti is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ed esposti Click here to Send ed esposti a Private Message Click Here to Email ed esposti Find more posts by ed esposti Add ed esposti to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Connie
UKC Forum Member

You will not be disappointed

These guys (and gals) put on a great event! A lot of time and effort goes into this annual event and it shows.

Good luck to everyone going!!

Connie Hogan
Windber, PA

Old Post 05-13-2014 07:23 PM
Connie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Connie Click here to Send Connie a Private Message Click Here to Email Connie Find more posts by Connie Add Connie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ed esposti
UKC Forum Member

I used to live in Martinsburg Which if i remember right is just up 81 from hedgesville.

FCH GRNITECH CH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Bell (PKC CH)
NITECH 'PR' Timberjack Hardtime Duke (PKC CH)
'PR' Timberjack Hardtime No Mercy

Old Post 05-13-2014 07:38 PM
ed esposti is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ed esposti Click here to Send ed esposti a Private Message Click Here to Email ed esposti Find more posts by ed esposti Add ed esposti to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

Sorry... I've been delinquent in this thread the last few weeks...

Ed: Yeah, Hedgesville is just west of Martinsburg on Rt 9. The club is about 12 or so miles from 81. Take Exit 16W which is Rt 9 West and turn left onto Back Creek Valley Raod which is about a mile out of Hedgesville. The club is 7 miles down Back Creek Valley Road on the left. Very easy to find and we'll have signs out.

As for a bench show judge that hasn't been finalized yet. This is our fourth year hosting this event and we have never announced the judge prior to the show. We have a meeting on Saturday about the hunt though so I'll have something concrete after that. If all else fails our club has 5 bench show judges.

Thanks Connie! We do our best and hope this is a great year too!

Old Post 05-15-2014 12:36 AM
LonePineHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LonePineHounds Click here to Send LonePineHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email LonePineHounds Find more posts by LonePineHounds Add LonePineHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Going to try to bring my little sister down to swim feild trial and show a couple of my old meatheads

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 05-16-2014 06:30 PM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvhoundsman
UKC Forum Member

these state youth hunts should be sanctioned in more of a central location of the state its 4 hours plus from various parts of the state and alot of wv youth miss out. With the location it seems more of a maryland, va and pa youth hunt not a wv hunt

Old Post 05-17-2014 11:22 PM
wvhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvhoundsman Click here to Send wvhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email wvhoundsman Visit wvhoundsman's homepage! Find more posts by wvhoundsman Add wvhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

This August at the State Hunt any club that is a member of the State association can bid on the youth hunt. In the last 5 years there has been a grand total of 2 clubs offer to hold this hunt for the youth. This will be our 4th in the last 5 years. Please feel free to have your club bid on next year's hunt.

Old Post 05-17-2014 11:51 PM
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 05-26-2014 12:44 PM
Manboysransom
UKC Forum Member

can't wait

il be bringing 3 of my kids over. They shore like the hunts and my daughter loves the bench shows. I live in ohio but grew up outside Morgantown. Seeing how this is on Father's Day weekend I'm gonna swing by and grab my dad to come with us so he can see his grand kids participate.

Old Post 06-10-2014 01:37 PM
Manboysransom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manboysransom Click here to Send Manboysransom a Private Message Find more posts by Manboysransom Add Manboysransom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Beland
UKC Forum Member

The guys that put this hunt on (Tri-State Houndsman Assoc.) have always put alot of time and effort into making this one of the best state youth hunts you will attend.
With a Bench show, Water race, field trial and hunt they keep the kids busy all day long. Just about all the kids go home with some kind of prize or award.
My girls really look forward to this hunt every year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday,
The Belands

Old Post 06-10-2014 07:49 PM
B Beland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Beland Click here to Send B Beland a Private Message Click Here to Email B Beland Find more posts by B Beland Add B Beland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

Got three boys coming up from Va. This looks like a great event.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 06-10-2014 09:11 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PineHill Kennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wvhoundsman
these state youth hunts should be sanctioned in more of a central location of the state its 4 hours plus from various parts of the state and alot of wv youth miss out. With the location it seems more of a maryland, va and pa youth hunt not a wv hunt
fact you cant please everyone..... next you will be growling about the world hunt because it isnt in your back yard .....if you need gas money let me know I am not rich by any means but I think I can scrape up a little money to help with travel expenses so your kids can hunt..... these guys work there tails off making sure the kids have fun and it is a success so why do people get on here and moan and grown around ???? Like I seen in another post 2 clubs bid on the hunt so here is your clubs opportunity to get the hunt in your back yard ... good luck to all the youths

Old Post 06-11-2014 02:02 AM
PineHill Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PineHill Kennel Click here to Send PineHill Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by PineHill Kennel Add PineHill Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PineHill Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Good luck to all the youths looks like your gonna have a nice day for it

Old Post 06-14-2014 11:21 AM
PineHill Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PineHill Kennel Click here to Send PineHill Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by PineHill Kennel Add PineHill Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by PineHill Kennel
fact you cant please everyone..... next you will be growling about the world hunt because it isnt in your back yard .....if you need gas money let me know I am not rich by any means but I think I can scrape up a little money to help with travel expenses so your kids can hunt..... these guys work there tails off making sure the kids have fun and it is a success so why do people get on here and moan and grown around ???? Like I seen in another post 2 clubs bid on the hunt so here is your clubs opportunity to get the hunt in your back yard ... good luck to all the youths

I AGREE WITH ABOVE STATEMENT. I WENT TO WV STATE HUNT AT MARSHVILLE SEVERAL YEARS BACK, SO IT HAS MOVED AROUND.

I HAVE NOT BEEN TO HEADGESVILL BUT I HERE NOTHING BUT GOOD COMING FROM THERE!!!

KEEP UP THE GOODWORK AND I HOPE THE KIDS HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 06-14-2014 11:25 AM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Toler
UKC Forum Member

It is a good looking morning this morning here in Hedgesville. We made the trip up last night, took us about 4 1/2 hours. The young man that is going to hunt tonight is excited this will only be his second competition hunt with last weekend being his first. Another buddy of mine has brought his dogs for this young man to handle on the bench field trail and water races. It is fun just watching the excitement in him. I think we might have created another (not so smart) competition coon hunter though. Haha

Home of:
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' LB Red Hot Sweat "Rock" HTX (R.I.P ROCK, 1/27/13)
Former Home of PKC CH AKC CGN GRNITECH CH 'PR' Toler's TriColor Taz
2013 UKC World Qualified
2013 PKC World Qualified
2013/2014 AKC World Qualified
2013 WV State AKC Champion
2014 Ohio State AKC Champion
2014 WV State AKC Youth Champion

PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
E-TOWN KENNELS & SUPPLY
http://www.etownkennelssupply.com/default.html

Old Post 06-14-2014 12:46 PM
Tim Toler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Toler Click here to Send Tim Toler a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Toler Find more posts by Tim Toler Add Tim Toler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manboysransom
UKC Forum Member

youth hunt

5 1/2 hrs almost there

Old Post 06-14-2014 03:45 PM
Manboysransom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manboysransom Click here to Send Manboysransom a Private Message Find more posts by Manboysransom Add Manboysransom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

HOPE YOU GUYS POST ALOT OF PICS OF YOUTHS.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 06-14-2014 05:50 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PineHill Kennel
UKC Forum Member

What an enjoyable day watching all the youths couldnt have asked for a better day . Hats off to the Tri States Houndsman Association for another great event. You all sure did put alot of smiles on them youngns faces .Again congratulations on a job well done and keep up the good work.

Old Post 06-15-2014 02:02 PM
Manboysransom
UKC Forum Member

youth hunt

the kids had a great time and the people there were first class. Couldn't asked to be treated any better. they really did some very nice things for the kids. It was a great way to spend fathers day weekend.

Old Post 06-15-2014 10:12 PM
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

You can find pics and results here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tri-...f_type=bookmark

Old Post 06-16-2014 12:12 AM
WALKER50
UKC Forum Member

we

We had the most wonderful time at your club yesterday! Everyone was amazing and yes I agree that everyone went above and beyond to make this event for THE KIDS!!! Autumn and I really enjoyed your hospitality and hard work that went into this event!!! And thanks to the guys for helping us get all the "hardware" that autumn won on my trk!!! Very very thankful. Great people great event

SPANKY'S RED EAGLE LITTLE ACE IS THE 2010 ACHA VA STATE BENCH SHOW CH
GRCH 'PR' SWEET REVENGES MR. BIG STUFF
CH'PR'SWEET REVENGES SIERRA SKY (red) co owned w Jamie Crigger
CH'PR'SWEET REVENGES CRUZN 4A BRUZN
Soon to be CH 'PR'SWEETREVENGES TALK DIRTY 2 ME

Old Post 06-16-2014 12:16 AM
WALKER50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WALKER50 Click here to Send WALKER50 a Private Message Click Here to Email WALKER50 Find more posts by WALKER50 Add WALKER50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

It is so nice to see clubs going above and beyond for the youth. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting some new people and getting into some nice hunting.
Again thank you all for the hard work that you put into this event and hope to see you all next year as well.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 06-16-2014 01:15 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote