UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > please ban tracker use during hunt time again.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Baker Boys
Oh I understand the whole deal and the rule. Every dog I have is Tone Broke. But u can't Tone them off no tree sitting under a Coon. Lol.
sure you can if the dogs trained right.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2014 10:02 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Re: I can't believe no one said......

quote:
Originally posted by perry co cooner
A real houndsman should know exactly where his dog is and what it's doing at all times whether its barking or not without the aid of a GPS" or "dogs getting hit on the road is just the risk you take when you unsnap that leash".
Yeah I have esp. I know where they are at all times. Specially when they aint barking. Lmao!

Old Post 04-14-2014 10:38 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Baker Boys
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
sure you can if the dogs trained right.

Only tone mine for doing Wrong not doing right.

Old Post 04-14-2014 10:43 PM
Baker Boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Baker Boys Click here to Send Baker Boys a Private Message Click Here to Email Baker Boys Find more posts by Baker Boys Add Baker Boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

So I'm just doing opposite of you, I use the tone to have him come to me, getting to old to cross the river or crawl thru a brier patch. lol

Old Post 04-15-2014 01:37 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: I can't believe no one said......

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Yeah I have esp. I know where they are at all times. Specially when they aint barking. Lmao!

i agree ga dawg... some people open there mouth an jump on a band wagon before they know what they say.. i love the use of garmin in a hunt... to everybody that dont like them.. have ur dog hit by a car at a hunt where u traveled too an dont no lay of land an guide turns u loose near a rd.. after your dog gets hit i will garentee u will change your tune.. ive seen replys say a real coonhunter dont need a garmin or u should know ur dog.. well i no my dog an they fallow a coon wherever it goes.. an yes people coons do cross rds..

GRNITE CH GRFCH GRCH'PR' ALL GRAND HARRYS MAN HTX 2 [walker]

GRCH FCH WCH PR HARRYS BIG BAD BOOMER HTX

NITECH CH VIRGINIAS MIGHTY MOE

Old Post 04-15-2014 06:40 AM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
musc
UKC Forum Member

Great rule change for dogs well being .

Old Post 04-16-2014 04:16 AM
musc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for musc Click here to Send musc a Private Message Click Here to Email musc Find more posts by musc Add musc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by WattsFlatsRedbo
I do not understand why anyone would be against using garmins during hunt time. IT WONT CHANGE WHAT YOUR DOG DOES OR DOES'NT DO IN THE HUNT. The only thing its gonna do is save dogs lives when they get too close to roads.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!!

Old Post 04-16-2014 06:02 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: I can't believe no one said......

quote:
A real houndsman should know exactly where his dog is and what it's doing at all times whether its barking or not without the aid of a GPS.

Thats pretty much impossible unless your dog never leaves your feet, or you go whooping through the woods chasing them all night like on the red fern grows.

if thats what it takes to be a real houndsman......Ill just keep my Garmin

Old Post 04-16-2014 06:33 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DylanHovey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG

Your not a real houndsman unless you have ESP... DUH

Old Post 04-16-2014 09:37 PM
DylanHovey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DylanHovey Click here to Send DylanHovey a Private Message Click Here to Email DylanHovey Find more posts by DylanHovey Add DylanHovey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Thats pretty much impossible unless your dog never leaves your feet, or you go whooping through the woods chasing them all night like on the red fern grows.

if thats what it takes to be a real houndsman......Ill just keep my Garmin

You do know my post was sarcastic right? That's why I said "I can't believe no one said.........." In the subject line. But serious people did say that on a past post about this same topic.

Old Post 04-16-2014 11:33 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I dont even shine the tree no more. I now have one of those 90%+ Dogs everybody talks about. My esp tells me those coon are there.

Old Post 04-17-2014 03:11 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waidmaster1
UKC Forum Member

now thats funny

Thats funny GA DAWG,got one myself for a change .

Old Post 04-17-2014 10:07 AM
waidmaster1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for waidmaster1 Click here to Send waidmaster1 a Private Message Click Here to Email waidmaster1 Find more posts by waidmaster1 Add waidmaster1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: I can't believe no one said......

quote:
You do know my post was sarcastic right? That's why I said "I can't believe no one said.........." In the subject line. But serious people did say that on a past post about this same topic.

I did not see your original post so I am glad you cleared that up. My jaw dropped when I read that!

Old Post 04-17-2014 06:05 PM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
So I'm just doing opposite of you, I use the tone to have him come to me, getting to old to cross the river or crawl thru a brier patch. lol

Exactly! I can tree somewhere I should not be and tone my dog and he will come or I can call him out if I am safely in a place to yell .
I train my dogs to do what I want them to do, not what they want to do. Some of the things I want them to do may not work always 100 percent of the time in every situation, but you can bet it works well enough to where on most hunts I do not have big aggravation because the dog is not minding me.
When it comes to treeing though, you can bet I want to be to where I can be heard hollering before I do any toning. Most times that is enough if they can quiten down long enough to hear me and tone will not be necessary.

Old Post 04-17-2014 06:14 PM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: I can't believe no one said......

quote:
[B]You do know my post was sarcastic right?

Do now, lol

Old Post 04-17-2014 06:54 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote