UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wisconsin Retrieval of Hunting Dogs
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Wisconsin Retrieval of Hunting Dogs

The Wisconsin Conservation Congress will be voting on the following question on April 14 at 7:00 P.M. in all 72 counties.
Question # 48 reads;
Hunting dogs can stray onto property wher their owners do not have permission to be. Currently the animal cannot be legally retrieved without the property owner's permission. Property owners cannot always be located to obtain the necessary permission to retrieve a hunting dog. A quick retrieval is always in the best interest of the dog, dog owner, and property owner. In the States of Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa a person on foot may, without permission, enter private land without a firearm, to retrieve a hunting dog. After retrieving the dog, the person must immediately leave the premises. This exception does not authorize the taking of wild game.
Do you support legislation that would allow the owner of a hunting dog the ability to retrieve their hunting dog without landowner's permission?
Please attend this important meeting next Monday and vote yes on this question. Meeting location are posted on; dnr.wi.gov, Conservation Congress, Meeting Schedule
Your strong support is needed to take this issue to the legislature.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-07-2014 11:24 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Wisconsin Personal Property Retrieval

Wisconsin dog owners mark your schedule for next Monday 4-14-14, 7:00 P.M. , to attend your County Hearing and vote on the dog retrieval question.
Thanks

Old Post 04-09-2014 11:44 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Wisconsin Personal Property Retrieval

Attend your County Meeting tonight and vote for the Dog Retrieval Question

Thanks for your time.

Old Post 04-14-2014 09:23 PM
JJWI
UKC Forum Member

ttt

Old Post 04-14-2014 11:46 PM
JJWI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JJWI Click here to Send JJWI a Private Message Find more posts by JJWI Add JJWI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jake Appel
UKC Forum Member

Rock County had a VERY good turnout of hound hunters. At least a third of those in attendance were hound hunters if not more.

CH.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK GERT
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH. MANNS WILD N BLUE MINDY III
CH.GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK BOOMIN' JET
GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK GUNSMOKE
GR.CH.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK GERT'S LADY
GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK HONEY BEE
NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK SMOKIN GUN

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' SHELTONS SMOKEY RIVER FLY
GR.CH.NT.CH. 'PR' APPEL'S BLUE OAK TIMBER
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK BULLET-- 9TH PLACE 2008 UKC WORLD
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK JET 6 ECHO

Old Post 04-15-2014 03:13 AM
Jake Appel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jake Appel Click here to Send Jake Appel a Private Message Click Here to Email Jake Appel Find more posts by Jake Appel Add Jake Appel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmy
UKC Forum Member

Monroe Co. had around 60 people and part of us were houndsman. Good to finally see a decent turnout.

Old Post 04-15-2014 03:25 AM
jimmy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmy Click here to Send jimmy a Private Message Click Here to Email jimmy Find more posts by jimmy Add jimmy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJWI
UKC Forum Member

Marathon county had a lot of head shakes NO

Old Post 04-15-2014 04:22 AM
JJWI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JJWI Click here to Send JJWI a Private Message Find more posts by JJWI Add JJWI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diggerman
Banned

Lafayette co. had a few show up. When will the results be posted?

Old Post 04-15-2014 02:32 PM
Diggerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diggerman Click here to Send Diggerman a Private Message Click Here to Email Diggerman Find more posts by Diggerman Add Diggerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Personal Property Retrieval

Thanks to all those that attended the WCC meeting last night and voted. The results can be found at dnr.wi.gov under Conservation Congress.
The results were 2589 yes and 3038 no, 24 Counties yes, 46 Counties no

Thanks again for your support.

Old Post 04-15-2014 11:03 PM
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: Personal Property Retrieval

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
Thanks to all those that attended the WCC meeting last night and voted. The results can be found at dnr.wi.gov under Conservation Congress.
The results were 2589 yes and 3038 no, 24 Counties yes, 46 Counties no

Thanks again for your support.

I would guess that it would be a safe bet that a large # of those NO VOTES came from hunters..

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-16-2014 09:39 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

berger, did you mean hunters? or deer killers?!

I think maybe its best it didn't pass this time. now it can get reworded and hopefully the houndsmen can get more organized for the next try!

Old Post 04-16-2014 01:20 PM
ronald schultz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronald schultz Click here to Send ronald schultz a Private Message Find more posts by ronald schultz Add ronald schultz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diggerman
Banned

We were told our biggest obstacle would be the bow hunters. This vote was an acid test and if it passed handily we would have gotten a legislator to sponsor a law change. Its hard to believe hunters voting against hunters.

Old Post 04-16-2014 01:36 PM
Diggerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diggerman Click here to Send Diggerman a Private Message Click Here to Email Diggerman Find more posts by Diggerman Add Diggerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

i was surprised actually with the vote here(sheboygan county)

I believe it was 69-73,

Old Post 04-16-2014 01:54 PM
ronald schultz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronald schultz Click here to Send ronald schultz a Private Message Find more posts by ronald schultz Add ronald schultz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackwater Pete
UKC Forum Member

I think it should be worded that if a hunter tries to gain permission and cant successfully then they may retrive the dog or dogs maybe that would make it easier.

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Old Post 04-16-2014 03:39 PM
Blackwater Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackwater Pete Click here to Send Blackwater Pete a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackwater Pete Find more posts by Blackwater Pete Add Blackwater Pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackwater Pete
UKC Forum Member

I think it should be worded that if a hunter tries to gain permission and cant successfully then they may retrive the dog or dogs maybe that would make it easier.

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Old Post 04-16-2014 03:59 PM
Blackwater Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackwater Pete Click here to Send Blackwater Pete a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackwater Pete Find more posts by Blackwater Pete Add Blackwater Pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: berger, did you mean hunters? or deer killers?!

quote:
Originally posted by ronald schultz
I think maybe its best it didn't pass this time. now it can get reworded and hopefully the houndsmen can get more organized for the next try!

What ever you want to call them.. The biggest threat to free casting hound's and dogs is the deer hunters. This isn't just a threat to coonhunters it is a threat to coyote hunters, bird hunters, bear hunting, rabbit hunting not only a threat to hunters but trappers as well. All hunters and trappers should get together to outlaw shooting a deer with antlers the dnr could control the deer population a lot better by only letting antlerless deer being shot.

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-16-2014 04:09 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cedarhillkennel
UKC Forum Member

funny this came up. im from virginia and we have what we call a "right to retrieve" law. at one time us and minnesota were the only states to have such a law. we are expecting in the next few years legislation here in va to attack this law and try to take it away while i know aother states are trying to gain such a law, sadly, like some have posted here its other hunters doing the attacking. can anyone tell me or know where i may find out what states have a similar law in place or are trying to get such a law? i too am trying to gather information for up coming legislation in va and i wish all you guys good luck in getting a law of your own to retrieve your hounds

cedar hill kennels bo's tank
cedar hill kennels roxy
cedar hill kennels ace's chloe
Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a hound he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.

Old Post 04-16-2014 04:28 PM
cedarhillkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cedarhillkennel Click here to Send cedarhillkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email cedarhillkennel Find more posts by cedarhillkennel Add cedarhillkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

HERE IN WV YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THE LAND OWNER IF THEY REFUSE TO LET YOU GET YOUR DOG YOU HAVE TO CONTACT A DNR OFFICER OR A POLICE OFFICER TO ASSIT YOU IN GETTING YOUR DOG AND YOU CAN'T TAKE A GUN WITH YOU BUT THERE MAY BE TIMES WHEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE OTHER STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR DOG IF YOU RUN INTO A LAND OWNER THATS GOING TO HARM YOUR DOG

Old Post 04-16-2014 05:00 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jessejmc1979
UKC Forum Member

It got shot down by 3 votes here in Barron county. Unfortunately with all of the "trophy" deer hunters we will never get it either. We had a county resolution (2nd year in a row) for antler point restrictions and it passed by a huge margin. I understand that people want to shoot a huge buck but where do they get off telling me how big a buck has to be for me to shoot on our family farm? Deer hunting as is has become and where it is headed is going to be the end of all hunting by division. Instead of the hunters vs the anti's it's the "deer hunters" vs the "anything except deer hunters." It's truly sad what it's become.

Old Post 04-16-2014 09:31 PM
jessejmc1979 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jessejmc1979 Click here to Send jessejmc1979 a Private Message Click Here to Email jessejmc1979 Find more posts by jessejmc1979 Add jessejmc1979 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diggerman
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by cedarhillkennel
funny this came up. im from virginia and we have what we call a "right to retrieve" law. at one time us and minnesota were the only states to have such a law. we are expecting in the next few years legislation here in va to attack this law and try to take it away while i know aother states are trying to gain such a law, sadly, like some have posted here its other hunters doing the attacking. can anyone tell me or know where i may find out what states have a similar law in place or are trying to get such a law? i too am trying to gather information for up coming legislation in va and i wish all you guys good luck in getting a law of your own to retrieve your hounds
I believe Iowa has the best most comprehensive retrieval laws. I would like to see ours the same.

Old Post 04-16-2014 09:32 PM
Diggerman
Banned

Re: i was surprised actually with the vote here(sheboygan county)

quote:
Originally posted by ronald schultz
I believe it was 69-73,

Most all were very close.

Old Post 04-16-2014 09:33 PM
JJWI
UKC Forum Member

What I can't believe is how all the deer hunters want more predator control to protect their deer numbers. They want more Bear tags, Wolf tags and coyotes shot. BUT they don't want anyone running a hound near their land.

Old Post 04-16-2014 11:13 PM
Chad L
UKC Forum Member

Some of the comments made about this proposal from others came from lack of clarification. I know the proposal referenced other states with similar laws but lacked definition. Some where concerned that allowing this to pass would constitute people driving across fields and so forth. I believe this proposal would have the merit to pass if it was presented as a law with clear definitions on "what is" and "what isn't" allowed to clarify the gray areas as to how it was presented at the hearing.

2014 WI BBOA State CH and king of hunt and show
2014 WI State hunt king of hunt
2013 BBCHA Valders sectional King of hunt and show
2012 BBOA Holmesville-Friday Nite High Scoring registered bluetick
2012 BBCHA Fall Round up-Saturday Night- Nite Champion winner
2012-WI BBOA State Hunt-King of Hunt
2012-2nd place in performance points earned for blueticks
CH NTCH 'PR' Great Lakes Bellah
Gone but not forgot:
NTCH Great Lakes Godzilla
NTCH 'PR' Great Lakes Misty

Old Post 04-16-2014 11:14 PM
Chad L is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad L Click here to Send Chad L a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad L Find more posts by Chad L Add Chad L to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pat endel
UKC Forum Member

hunters

Jefferson co. Their were only a few dog people at are meeting,I guess they had better things to do. I thank the trappers for helping by speaking up and voting for us.

Old Post 04-16-2014 11:40 PM
pat endel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pat endel Click here to Send pat endel a Private Message Click Here to Email pat endel Find more posts by pat endel Add pat endel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corky Meyer
UKC Forum Member

passed in Washington co.

we need this reworded, to include retrieval of anything that belongs to you, not just dogs.

worse news is with the new deer seasons, we'll be shut out of the woods for 33 days in the southern farm deer zone, unless something changes in the DNR rules. i've been saying it would happen for years, now it has

Old Post 04-17-2014 12:06 PM
Corky Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corky Meyer Click here to Send Corky Meyer a Private Message Visit Corky Meyer's homepage! Find more posts by Corky Meyer Add Corky Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote