UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Times have changed
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Times have changed

After all this talk about moh, guides and non hunting judges I guess I show my age by my way of thinking this is things we are supposed to do when called upon that's what we did back in the day was host people when they came to our club somtimes I would judge a ntch cast both nights without getting to hunt my own dog why? Because that's how we paid the bills or bought the good prizes we gave away at our club hunts never even thought about stacking the deck for a freind I guided for the zones why? Because I was asked to me and Ralph had the best times putting those young men in coons should you get paid hell no !! All I want is when it's my turn sombody remembers and returns the favor back in the day it wasent broke so we didn't fix it !! Now it's freekin broke what are we going to do fix it or stick our head in the sand but there are a lot of good people out there don't lump them all in one pile.

Last edited by yadkintar on 09-28-2016 at 08:25 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2016 08:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

And anouther thing if your at a major hunt and you get beat walk up to ukc staff or the moh and say I am offering my services to judge if you need me to why because you should instead of laying in the motel room bitching about how you got cheated it takes everybody ain't nobody should expect to be wet nursed everywhere they go because the run their dog at stud and they think they are all that and a bag of chips !!

Old Post 09-28-2016 08:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLOBBER SLINGER
UKC Forum Member

Mr Tar,,,,,,,,,,,,if more folks thought like you, the comp hunting will be alot better. To many hunters extend their dogs before anything in there life. I was guilty of that at one point.

Old Post 09-28-2016 08:36 PM
SLOBBER SLINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLOBBER SLINGER Click here to Send SLOBBER SLINGER a Private Message Find more posts by SLOBBER SLINGER Add SLOBBER SLINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
And anouther thing if your at a major hunt and you get beat walk up to ukc staff or the moh and say I am offering my services to judge if you need me to why because you should instead of laying in the motel room bitching about how you got cheated it takes everybody ain't nobody should expect to be wet nursed everywhere they go because the run their dog at stud and they think they are all that and a bag of chips !!
now this I like!! sickem Robert!!lol

Old Post 09-28-2016 09:01 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moleman
UKC Forum Member

That is how it should be,not sure about the any of the beat,cheated,mad,cast being a judge in a big hunt thow.

Old Post 09-28-2016 09:07 PM
moleman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moleman Click here to Send moleman a Private Message Find more posts by moleman Add moleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

Amen. We're hoping to host a Super Slam this year and as bad as I want to hunt it's more important that I Judge. Just have to bite the bullet and do what's best for the club.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 09-28-2016 09:17 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yatahey
UKC Forum Member

Sure times have changed, people have changed , Lack of respect, no morals , selfishness , people have lost their values , handing out participation Awards, to kids who lose , look at our two presidential candidates . the world is changing and its changing for the worst , its a society that excepts crooks , and cheats , the older generation we don't make excuses we except a ass whipping and move on .. But some people want to make it a grudge match and do whatever it takes

Times will not get better only more intense

Old Post 09-28-2016 09:56 PM
Yatahey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yatahey Click here to Send Yatahey a Private Message Click Here to Email Yatahey Find more posts by Yatahey Add Yatahey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got a stack of 2nd place ribbons in the a** whippin department but I made it painfull enough they did not want to try it twice lol! It's up to us as hunters to show the young people how to do this they don't know that it takes hard work and you have to do things by the recipe that we used years ago you can't blame them the haven't been taught any better it's easier just to stay home and give up on them !

Old Post 09-28-2016 10:08 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Robert

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I got a stack of 2nd place ribbons in the a** whippin department but I made it painfull enough they did not want to try it twice lol! It's up to us as hunters to show the young people how to do this they don't know that it takes hard work and you have to do things by the recipe that we used years ago you can't blame them the haven't been taught any better it's easier just to stay home and give up on them !

I'm just gonna stay home on the couch. Lol

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 09-29-2016 02:31 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvcoonrunner
UKC Forum Member

PHKC

I'm just ready to win the PHKC World Title!! Got her tuned up boys

Old Post 09-29-2016 02:53 AM
wvcoonrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvcoonrunner Find more posts by wvcoonrunner Add wvcoonrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I believe you are right Robert and I do my best to do as you've said here. Pride and jealousy are deffinantly a problem in this sport but they are in all sports. I personally believe it's getting better around here slow but sure.

Old Post 09-29-2016 03:18 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

At the Winter Classic, 3 of the dogs my son draw crossed a river with no way to get to them. My son had to return and get a new guild and non-hunting judge. Jacky Jones volunteered to guild him, but no judge was available. Another hunter was waiting for his buddy or something. He volunteered to return back to the woods to judge my son’s dog. Neither one of these fellows had to volunteer, but they did, and we sure appreciated it. Wish I could remember the name of the young man that judged him. And as for Jacky, I made a new friend while waiting at the truck, lessoning to Case do his work.

Old Post 09-29-2016 01:53 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter, MO
UKC Forum Member

Judges

I can remember back in the day when all judges were none hunting judges, our club kept a list of members and if the amount of dogs at the hunt needed you to judge you did not get to hunt then the next night they started at the place where they left off. Back then it was normal to have 60 to 65 dogs at a UKC Hunt here in central MO. Why did you as a club member do this because that is how it was done, you did this so when you went to a hunt the next (Month) you could hunt because that club provided the guides and judges .

Old Post 10-02-2016 05:47 AM
coonhunter, MO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter, MO Click here to Send coonhunter, MO a Private Message Find more posts by coonhunter, MO Add coonhunter, MO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blusk25
UKC Forum Member

I've just got into the comp scene. It blew my mind when I drove a good ways to a club and was asked to guide and judge the first time I went. I figured clubs would ensure they had these things in line. The crazy thing was, all the members arguing about who could guide. Most didn't even have anywhere to hunt. How crazy is it to hunt and not have spots.

Old Post 10-02-2016 06:33 AM
Blusk25 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blusk25 Click here to Send Blusk25 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blusk25 Find more posts by Blusk25 Add Blusk25 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dperry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Yatahey
Sure times have changed, people have changed , Lack of respect, no morals , selfishness , people have lost their values , handing out participation Awards, to kids who lose , look at our two presidential candidates . the world is changing and its changing for the worst , its a society that excepts crooks , and cheats , the older generation we don't make excuses we except a ass whipping and move on .. But some people want to make it a grudge match and do whatever it takes

Times will not get better only more intense

Darrell we need to all practice a little more of what you preach here. You do agree, right?

Old Post 10-02-2016 07:53 AM
dperry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dperry Click here to Send dperry a Private Message Find more posts by dperry Add dperry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

It's the artist formally known as Darrell eads now lol! He goes by yatahey now sometimes what he says makes me go watahey lol!!

Old Post 10-02-2016 01:07 PM