UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Win Slips
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Win slips

With the new rules requiring more wins for both night champion and grand night champion, FOLKS need a legitimate way of these wins being recorded. Clubs not sending in hunt reports on a timely basis or hunt reports getting lost should not penalize those that WIN at these hunts. MAKE something be required of the Clubs to provide proof of all wins for backup, it just makes sense. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-01-2019 10:22 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wadepardue
UKC Forum Member

WIN SLIPS

After driving several miles, paying an entry fee, and FINALLY winning a hunt or show … I don't believe asking for a little slip of paper saying I FINALLY won something is NOT asking to much ...

Old Post 10-02-2019 02:38 AM
wadepardue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wadepardue Click here to Send wadepardue a Private Message Click Here to Email wadepardue Find more posts by wadepardue Add wadepardue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

I expressed my concern on this from the very beginning. I pay my $30 entry fee and then I'm told that I will have to buy a receipt book to make my own win slip out. Something is wrong with that in my opinion. Years ago, clubs stopped buying trophies. I have no problem with that. In the upcoming events section, you should list your hunt as a POOR BOY HUNT, which meant in the old days a win slip only. In this case, you should charge a lesser entry fee. If I pay a $30 entry fee I want some type of freakin award. If they only give out a dog leash I'm happy. But to give absolutely NOTHING which is what most clubs do, and then we don't even get a dang win slip? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Old Post 10-02-2019 03:24 PM
hat creek mac is online now Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Slips

amen!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 10-02-2019 03:57 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Randy

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
No need to write in. We'll keep it in mind and see if we can't come up with a better solution.

We did offer the Personal Record Keeping Booklets, or create your own, but guess most don't care to take the 20 seconds it takes to notate the win info.

Those carbon copies get expensive and they change the report significantly. We would need to add more pages and see a lot of waste again. It's easy to say that paper is cheap. That's true unless you use it by the thousands. Add carbons to it and it's like gold butter. We were simply trying to eliminate the waste in the end. Like I said, there's got to be a better way and we'll see if we can't come up with a solution.

So do you guys chase down the hint reports if they don't show up or are late? The other registries do hunt them down. And if they're more than a month late the club gets notices of possible termination for them to hold hunts. I'm just curious so don't kill me for asking questions.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 10-02-2019 09:41 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Randy

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
No need to write in. We'll keep it in mind and see if we can't come up with a better solution.

We did offer the Personal Record Keeping Booklets, or create your own, but guess most don't care to take the 20 seconds it takes to notate the win info.

Those carbon copies get expensive and they change the report significantly. We would need to add more pages and see a lot of waste again. It's easy to say that paper is cheap. That's true unless you use it by the thousands. Add carbons to it and it's like gold butter. We were simply trying to eliminate the waste in the end. Like I said, there's got to be a better way and we'll see if we can't come up with a solution.

Those carbon copies are not that expensive. Print shop up the road from me would make them I'd bet. How many you need a year, I'll check his prices. I can promise you though that they would be cheap enough that if Ukc could not afford them then they are in bad shape. People should get something for a win considering everything we pay the organization..

Joe levan

Old Post 10-03-2019 01:09 AM
Joseph L. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph L. Click here to Send Joseph L. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph L. Find more posts by Joseph L. Add Joseph L. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

I cant understand you had time to photo a copy of your hunt win but you are not able to copy your show wins,keep track of the places where you go and and the dates and you will be able to find out who didn't send the reports in on time

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 10-05-2019 06:31 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Show wins

I should’ve did a better job but I usually was getting boots on and signing up for the hunt. The point is that everything is thrown on the hunters. A win slip isn’t too much to ask in my opinion!!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 10-05-2019 07:13 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote