UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just Curious / Serious Questions.... Breed Reps
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Just Curious / Serious Questions.... Breed Reps

Had a guy ask me yesterday , How many of the Breed Reps of all breeds combined still actively compete in the hunts ?
And where can one find a list of all the Reps ?

I had never really thought about this so im curious now also.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-05-2019 04:01 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Hunting Breed reps

I was a fill in for NPHA so I did not know everyone there however I did know about 80% and they all still hunt in the hunts. So the answer to your question is yes they do still comp hunt.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-05-2019 04:45 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Good to know ! Thanks Tony.

What about a list of the reps , Does anyone know where to find the list ?

----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

Old Post 09-05-2019 07:04 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

list

Probably on FBI's most wanted list after this meeting LOL or in witness protection program LOL

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-05-2019 10:06 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I guess it's a "Big Secret" ????

-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified

Old Post 09-06-2019 05:40 AM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

It's no secret. There is no official "breed rep" position. They are not elected by breed associations or appointed by UKC. There is no list like you are asking for.

Typically it is based on who is going to be at Autumn Oaks and is willing to attend the meeting on behalf of the Association. Often times it will be Association Officers but not always. Always it is someone who is well versed on the rules and very familiar with the events.

You need to contact your personal breed Association if you have questions about who is representing on your behalf.

Old Post 09-06-2019 01:23 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oftentimes they "represent" themselves or their own personal opinions and likes/dislikes and not their breed's.

Old Post 09-06-2019 01:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

I was in the meeting. The TWBFA officers and directors held a conference call prior to Autumn Oaks to discus and decide on how we'd vote on all of the rule proposals. Each of us did our own homework to call & talk to hunters, read Allen Gingerich's explanations of all of the rules and read what you all had to say on the message boards.

The TWBFA didn't vote for everything that passed.

Some of you may think that the coonhunting world is now going to hell, but based on the feedback we are all seeing, you're in a small minority.

Last edited by Grant Noeske on 09-06-2019 at 03:54 PM

Old Post 09-06-2019 03:35 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
It's no secret. There is no official "breed rep" position. They are not elected by breed associations or appointed by UKC. There is no list like you are asking for.

Typically it is based on who is going to be at Autumn Oaks and is willing to attend the meeting on behalf of the Association. Often times it will be Association Officers but not always. Always it is someone who is well versed on the rules and very familiar with the events.

You need to contact your personal breed Association if you have questions about who is representing on your behalf.

So the breed reps isnt even elected by the breed? It's just decided by who is available and who (suppose) have knowledge of rules. How can someone who wasnt elected or agreed on by majority represent a group people. And the people know they are voicing the opinion of the breed. Also how does a breed rep know what the opinion of majority of people are? I see no where people that's representing the breeds asking people opinion. Hard voice opinion when dont even know who voice it to. Seem this should be a voted postion. Or even better have public vote on rule changes. I attend several hunts but not member of any breed or associated with any breeds but I am loyal steady customer of UKC night hunts. Where do I get my opinion heard. I dont complain about much but this system seams weak and sketchy at best.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-06-2019 03:40 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Grant Noeske
I was in the meeting. The TWBFA officers and directors held a conference call prior to Autumn Oaks to discus and decide on how we'd vote on all of the rule proposals. Each of us did our own homework to call & talk to hunters, read Allen Gingerich's explanations off all of the rules and read what you all had to say on the message boards.

The TWBFA didn't vote for everything that passed.

So, after all of that consideration and talking to your members, y'all determined that they didn't want the rule changes that passed?

Old Post 09-06-2019 03:43 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
So, after all of that consideration and talking to your members, y'all determined that they didn't want the rule changes that passed?

Some yes and some no.

Next time we'll just call you and have you fill out the ballot.

Old Post 09-06-2019 03:45 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I would have loved to have had a vote, but apparently it wouldn't have done any good. It sounds like I would have voted like y'all did.

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:38 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Todd - Appreciate the reply !

I just have never seen it mentioned or even knew how it took place.
I figured something of this importance a man/woman would at the very least be appointed by UKC , voted in , be a MOH , etc , etc ????

So I did honestly "assume" it was a big secret cause I have NEVER heard ANYONE say they was involved or knew anyone who was ever involved in the rule change "committee".

-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:26 PM